ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Williamson: Early AFC West Salary Cap Check... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268632)

Chiefshrink 01-08-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9298374)
He'll be too hurt to practice, but he'll suddenly recover in time for game day. Then, he'll make a play once every blue moon when he feels like it.

Yep. Bellichek saw this coming years ago and raped you for it.:thumb:

mcaj22 01-08-2013 10:04 PM

yea but on paper there isnt going to be a WR that comes close to the numbers of Harvin or Jennings

Chiefshrink 01-08-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9297533)
Baldwin can't be counted on for anything, to be honest. Wiley's hands were garbage this year, he's too small and he sure doesn't play to his 40 time from what I've seen. Maybe he could be a slot option, but I'm inclined to not put too much stock into it.

Baldwin needs to be given a chance and truly be developed by some serious good WR coaching. I mean how do you get better with Cassel/Quinn and no offensive coaching worth a shit.

Reid will tell Wiley, "Son you have talent but your a pussy and need to "sack up" and stay healthy and find a pair hands if you are going to be on my team".

Chiefshrink 01-08-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9298404)
yea but on paper there isnt going to be a WR that comes close to the numbers of Harvin or Jennings

Both Harvin and Jennings get hurt waaaaaaay too much for my liking and now it is apparent Harvin has an attitude. Both are talented as hell I'll give you that BUT....

DaneMcCloud 01-08-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs already have a #2 with equal numbers to Harvin: Steve Breaston.

**** Harvin.

DaneMcCloud 01-08-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

2013 will be Jennings' eighth year in the league. He hasn't been able to finish the last two.

I don't know why anyone would want him to sign with the Chiefs.

DTLB58 01-10-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9298411)
Baldwin needs to be given a chance and truly be developed by some serious good WR coaching. I mean how do you get better with Cassel/Quinn and no offensive coaching worth a shit.

Reid will tell Wiley, "Son you have talent but your a pussy and need to "sack up" and stay healthy and find a pair hands if you are going to be on my team".

This. Let's please not waste a #1 pick. I for one think this guy can still pan out for us big time.

DTLB58 01-10-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9297560)
Here we go with the Breaston debate again.

He's just fine as a #2. He proved that in 2011.

If we get Harvin he needs to play in the slot anyway.

Yea but Breaston is owed $3.8 this year, not sure they are gonna live with that.

Sorter 01-10-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9298411)

He is not explosive off the line and not explosive out of breaks consistently. There have been flashes but they are few and far between. I'd give Baldwin this year and then make a decision next year on him.

RunKC 01-10-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9302082)
He is not explosive off the line and not explosive out of breaks consistently. There have been flashes but they are few and far between. I'd give Baldwin this year and then make a decision next year on him.

I hope Reid tells Baldwin to lose 15 lbs. I think that would help him with gain some speed to be honest.

He is too heavy out there at 230.

Sorter 01-10-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9302089)
I hope Reid tells Baldwin to lose 15 lbs. I think that would help him with gain some speed to be honest.

He is too heavy out there at 230.

Holy ****. He weighs 230? Jesus christ. Yeah, he should def lose 15lbs.

Ugly Duck 01-10-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9297401)
I think this team desperately needs some veterans, but not in the draft.

No worries.... its very unusual for teams to look for veterans in the draft.....

ChiefGator 01-10-2013 03:47 AM

There is a lot of misconception on Harvin's availability. He has averaged 15 games a season over his first three seasons. This year he was fine until he screwed up his ankle and at that time he was leading all receivers in catches. Bowe averages 14.5 games of availability a season.

ChiefGator 01-10-2013 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9302210)
No worries.... its very unusual for teams to look for veterans in the draft.....

Ha!

"So NONE of these guys have ANY experience in the NFL?!?"

-King- 01-15-2013 07:57 PM

So, once the Broncos pick up Peytons 2 year 40 million guaranteed option, does that mean they'll be $2 mil over the cap before releasing players?