ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games A $100 game console called Ouya is smashing records on Kickstarter (Video) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261371)

Imon Yourside 08-09-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8802431)
But.... they have Final Fantasy 3! That 22 year old game is tits! Also, Pac-Man!!! Galaga!

But do they have a commitment from Taito to make blockbuster titles forever man?

Fish 08-09-2012 10:09 AM

Nobody wants to play rehashed old games. Not enough to build a business model around it anyway.....

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8802617)
Lol,I said a finished product would be 150 to 200 guessing. They keep adding games, keep game costs low to where the deveopers keep most of their money and it will sell a tons.

Look how well the marketplace does for older games in hd version, they could retool 1000s ofgames for cheap, and below initial cost of ps4, neXtBox. The only thing the system will not be ableto do, mmo and halo5 type graphics.

Basically trying to steal customers from casual users(wii), tablet crowd,facebook/zynga gamers, and the arcade buyers on ps3/360 all for cheaper.

I think people giving money will get locked in depending on what they spent for the base model and one controllerc, then it will go up from there on cost and options.

Well imo.

Those sound like tablet apps. Why would I want to play something on my tv that I can play on my iPad?

WoodDraw 08-09-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8773696)
The Android open system environment is notoriously easy to pirate as well. The best awesome developers like the ones making current games on PC, Xbox, and PS3 aren't going to have much motivation to port their games to a less profitable platform that's easy to pirate.

This. No serious game developer will touch this. They won't be able to get join the Google Play ecosystem either, so you don't even have a freemium model. This is destined to fail.

Swanman 08-09-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8802866)
Those sound like tablet apps. Why would I want to play something on my tv that I can play on my iPad?

Some games on the tablet are cool in theory but suck ass when forced to use the on-screen touch controls. Developers can beef those games up and with the controller, you could have some decent titles. If nothing else, I will use it as a mame console.

007 02-06-2013 07:16 AM

So is this dead yet. I heard the launch lineup sucks.

Swanman 02-06-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9381801)
So is this dead yet. I heard the launch lineup sucks.

It's not out yet. They shipped their dev consoles on time. I believe the March timeframe is when the first shipments to end users are supposed to happen. The lineup of games may suck early, but what console doesn't have a shitty launch lineup? Wii U still doesn't have a decent game that isn't already on Wii or other consoles.

Skyy God 02-06-2013 10:57 AM

I have some interest in this as a gaming console.... the graphics are anticipated to be slightly better than the PS2/Xbox, and it should be good for playing ports of old games.

However, it's going to be a powerhouse for playing torrents/video.

SLAG 02-06-2013 11:18 AM

Also recently confirmed that it will be sold at retail stores like Target for $99