ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Thorpe vying for Chiefs' No. 3 WR job (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141889)

ArrowheadHawk 06-06-2006 04:54 PM

Thorpe vying for Chiefs' No. 3 WR job

Thorpe vying for Chiefs' No. 3 WR job

By Eric Krupka on June 6, 2006 12:10 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | RSS
Kansas City Chiefs

At the end of minicamps, the Kansas City Chiefs believe they have found the top contender for their third wide receiver position. From scout team and practice squad to the third receiver in just a year is a real possibility for Craphonso Thorpe.

Last year's fourth-round pick has shown plenty of improvement so far. The coaching staff has liked what they've seen, and even more so, quarterback Trent Green has sung the praises of the young wideout.

"Craphonso has all the talent in the world and I've told him that...He'd be on the scout team and you look at the card and run the play on the card. He just showed tremendous athletic ability with what he could get done on the football field. It's up to him and I said you've got to get to that point to where you're not thinking," said Green.

Thorpe impressed the coaches at Kansas City Chiefs ' minicamp, showing the strength and agility to shed corners playing press coverage, and was catching the ball consistently--two things he struggled with mightily last year.

He was slowed last year because of an injured leg suffered in college. The former FSU Seminoles standout was one of the fastest players in the nation. He ran for the Seminoles' track-and-field teams, and used his speed on the football field to blow past coverage and get open. At 6-1, 188 pounds, he has the size needed to play in the NFL; it's just a matter of being prepared and producing on the field.

His right leg, which he shattered in a 2003 game against the NC State Wolfpack, seems to be fully healed now. While it's true that Thorpe returned to action only nine months after his injury, it's just now that he seems to be regaining that speed and strength in the leg. It's a testament to his character and love for the game to be able to come back that soon from such a serious injury.

Like his quarterback said, he has all the talent in the world, but needs to stop overthinking. So far this offseason, it looks as though Thorpe just might have taken that advice to heart and is displaying his talent and ability for all to see.

While there still is a long way to go, don't be surprised if No. 12 lines up as the third receiver Week One at Arrowhead Stadium against the Cincinnati Bengals . Until then, he's just going to have to continue proving himself.

Get more Craphonso Thorpe insights at RealFootball365.com

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/a...efs060606.html

HemiEd 06-06-2006 05:00 PM

:clap: Crap is good I tell you!

Pitt Gorilla 06-06-2006 05:02 PM

Not a whole lot to that piece. Basically, Thorpe is learning the O and may be our third WR.

Chan93lx50 06-06-2006 05:05 PM

I would luv to see one of our young WR become a Marvin Harrison, Tory Holt, or T Owens (Without the attitude).

ChiefsFire 06-06-2006 05:09 PM

oh Crappppppppppppp

CoMoChief 06-06-2006 05:12 PM

Crap is 97 on my Madden season. :)

Hammock Parties 06-06-2006 05:14 PM

Crap gained a bunch of muscle this offseason.

Just get Dante off the field, please.

Tribal Warfare 06-06-2006 05:15 PM

hopefully he'll be smelling like roses during the season, and not the perverbial turd stain left over by an irrational Green Party supporter after Ralph Nader garuntee's their shit smells like honey

Sully 06-06-2006 05:48 PM

I'd love to see Thorpe as the number 3, or even the number 2. I think he would've been a higher pick if not for the injury, and could turn into a gem.

JBucc 06-06-2006 05:50 PM

Good for Crap. Hows Webb looking anybody know?

Monkeylook4food 06-06-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
Good for Crap. Hows Webb looking anybody know?

I'd normally be happy to tell you but I'm not allowed to spam. Sorry.

JBucc 06-06-2006 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeylook4food

That's never stopped you before

FloridaMan88 06-06-2006 06:11 PM

Crap our WRs suck. When the likes of Samie Parker and Crap Thorpe are potentially 2 of your top 3 WR options that is sad.

Hammock Parties 06-06-2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88
Crap our WRs suck. When the likes of Samie Parker and Crap Thorpe are potentially 2 of your top 3 WR options that is sad.

:rolleyes:

God forbid we develop some wide receiver talent.

the Talking Can 06-06-2006 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeylook4food

but you are allowed to cry....Nick not paying you enough?