ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

Direckshun 03-03-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7465436)
AJ Green, nice pic Pes. He is the best player in the draft.

The best player in the draft is Patrick Peterson, and it's not even close.

Titty Meat 03-03-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7465551)

LOLwut? Peterson the best player in the draft? Green has no speed? Newton as the first pick? Please tell me you are kidding.

Direckshun 03-03-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7465554)
LOLwut? Peterson the best player in the draft? Green has no speed? Newton as the first pick? Please tell me you are kidding.

Of all the players in this draft, name one guy who would be a Top 3 prospect in the history of his position.

Go ahead I'll wait.

Your list should be one player long. Patrick Peterson.

Direckshun 03-03-2011 08:19 PM

What, exactly does AJ Green project as?

A Greg Jennings?

Fan ****ing tastic. If I'm dropping the most money in NFL history on a receiver prospect, he better project to be the next Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson, not the next Greg Jennings.

Chiefnj2 03-03-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7465551)

Did you see Julio Jones come up with 10 grabs and a TD against him?

Rams Fan 03-03-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7465550)
Welp, that first pick sucked ass.

Sorry, I love ya Pest, but you really lost the draft on that one. You picked a WR without elite speed #1 overall. Not only is that a poor investment, it's a historically bad investment. I dare you to find that happening one other time in NFL history.

I would have gone Marcell Dareus or Cam Newton or picked perhaps the best CB prospect in NFL history, which is something that actually warrants the record books. Not AJ Green.

I submit that Pest be robbed of all his picks to me for the remainder of the Mock Draft to maintain its integrity.

Did you watch the Panthers at all last year?

Direckshun 03-03-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7465590)
Did you see Julio Jones come up with 10 grabs and a TD against him?

And Vernon Gholston beat Jake Long like a drum.

Direckshun 03-03-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7465591)
Did you watch the Panthers at all last year?

I watched when Clausen played, yes.

I don't care about their needs. With the #1 pick, you get the best prospect for your team. It'd be Dareus or Cam Newton if I was picking.

RealSNR 03-03-2011 09:06 PM

Okay okay, I admit it.

I paid off Pestilence to make the AJ Green pick so more teams would be tempted to take Bowers/Fairley/Dareus later in the first round so the Vikings would have a good shot at a top QB- either Newton or Gabbert.

Am I sorry? A little. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat

Titty Meat 03-03-2011 09:58 PM

It's pretty evident Direckshun didn't watch much college football. AJ Green was a difference maker with a shitty QB. Peterson will be a good CB but he's not top 3 he's barely ahead of Amukamara as the best corner in the draft.

Rams Fan 03-03-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7465704)
It's pretty evident Direckshun didn't watch much college football. AJ Green was a difference maker with a shitty QB. Peterson will be a good CB but he's not top 3 he's barely ahead of Amukamara as the best corner in the draft.

Some mocks have Peterson going to the Broncos from the NFLN. And I'd rather have Peterson over Amukamara.

KurtCobain 03-03-2011 10:42 PM

They should take Peterson number one overall.

RealSNR 03-03-2011 10:44 PM

I move that Mecca gets kicked out of the Four Horsemen. True Fans are on the rise, and it's likely due to the fact that he's been missing. And now he might miss his pick.

Direckshun 03-03-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

It's pretty evident Direckshun didn't watch much college football.

See, you were doing good until you actually started making an argument:

Quote:

AJ Green was a difference maker with a shitty QB.

Nonsequitor.

Quote:

Peterson will be a good CB but he's not top 3

He's at LEAST a Top 6 All Time CB prospect.

Which is something you cannot say for any other prospect in this draft at their position.

Quote:

he's barely ahead of Amukamara as the best corner in the draft.

Nonsequitor.

Amukamara, by the way, kicks ass. He's a really good corner.

But Peterson is far and away the better prospect.

Going forward, I'd stick to the personal attacks more than I would substantive argument, billay.

Titty Meat 03-03-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7465717)
Some mocks have Peterson going to the Broncos from the NFLN. And I'd rather have Peterson over Amukamara.

Denver isn't going to draft Peterson. I would draft Peterson over Amukamara but it's pretty close and it's not far fetched to say Amukamra could even end up being better than Peterson considering he has only played the position for a few years. The debate is silly anyway you're going to draft a CB #1 make him one of the highest paid players in the league with no pass rush? They already drafted Clausen, signed Shockey, and have a great running game. Maybe they keep Smith around 1 more year and add Green that's building a great offense.