ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL considers dropping the Pro Bowl (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265544)

notorious 10-23-2012 06:36 AM

WTF is the "Pro Bowl"?

Discuss Thrower 10-23-2012 06:38 AM

If the NFL is so hellbent on putting a game in London, they should throw some loyal fans a bone in giving the military one regular season game a year.

Select a matchup closest to Veterans Day in Novemeber, put the game at Aloha Stadium, and give free or drastically reduced price tickets to active duty or retired personnel and their families for the game.

BlackHelicopters 10-23-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9041666)
I just looked it up. Oh god, feel sorry for the guy.

Anyone provide a link. My search has been fruitless. Please and Thank you.

Bwana 10-23-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9041560)
Wouldn't break my heart to see it disappear. Keep the selection process as a reward but skip the game. I haven't watched a pro-bowl in the last 6-8 years or so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. The game itself is a complete joke and a waste of TV time. After watching last year, I will never tune in again. I'm not sure what I was watching, but it didn't have much to do with football.

Gonzo 10-23-2012 06:58 AM

I remember watching the pro bowl as a kid and it was actually pretty good. I seem to remember one, 91 I think? Nick Lowery hit the game winner and I was actually excited.

I don't see the players ever really getting in to it again unless they have an incentive to win. Winning team gets a couple million to split amongst the players or something like that.

okoye35chiefs 10-23-2012 06:59 AM

i used to like the skills competition as well.

Gonzo 10-23-2012 07:01 AM

Maybe they should do a game where the best rookies go against the players coming out of college right after the draft or something. Or they can do a game before the draft with potential rookies... I'd watch the hell outta that.

Aries Walker 10-23-2012 07:01 AM

What if they moved it to the beginning of the season? Before pre-season, like the Hall of Fame bowl. Last year's best players kick off this year's play, that sort of thing. The Super Bowl players could take part, and by then people are aching for football anyway.

InChiefsHeaven 10-23-2012 07:06 AM

Skills competition, otherwise a trip to Hawaii for the players. The game is just another invitation for injury. Either that or make it flag football. The game is a waste of time.

AussieChiefsFan 10-23-2012 07:07 AM

Actually how about bringing a game to Australia lol

One day

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 07:08 AM

There's no need for it anymore. It would be cool if they had an All Pro team voted on by the players and coaches. Similar to the Top 100 on NFL Network. They should just cut the fans out of it imo.

AussieChiefsFan 10-23-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9041913)
There's no need for it anymore. It would be cool if they had an All Pro team voted on by the players and coaches. Similar to the Top 100 on NFL Network. They should just cut the fans out of it imo.

Although if its voted on by players guys like ray lewis will get in each year due to everyones respect for him. Not a huge problem but I'm just sayin

Chiefnj2 10-23-2012 07:13 AM

Each team submits 5 players to partake in a skills competition. Draft order depends on how well your team scores.

The Iron Chief 10-23-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9041579)
Have them take the pads off and make it a flag football game.

Or....Do the "competitions" they used to air on NFLN with the QB's and such running drills and earning points.

The Pro Bowl game itself is a joke. But players should still be rewarded IMO.

This^

Just make it a fun competition instead of a joke.

I seem to remember Tony G getting hurt one yr in a catching challenge and I was like no F'en way..but then it turned out to be minor.

Sure-Oz 10-23-2012 07:16 AM

I don't give a shit about it honestly. End it.