ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Brandon Marshall puts Warren Sapp on blast, then apologizes. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264366)

pr_capone 09-28-2012 01:01 PM

Brandon Marshall puts Warren Sapp on blast, then apologizes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bears-w...0638--nfl.html

Quote:

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) -- Brandon Marshall wishes he would have just stayed quiet. So he'll chalk up this spat with Warren Sapp as a learning experience.

The Chicago Bears receiver apologized for retaliating with some harsh comments after being called a ''reerun'' - even though he wasn't backing off what he said.

''I really meant everything I said, but I think it would have helped (Sapp) more if I would have kept it private,'' Marshall said Thursday. ''I apologize to Warren Sapp for saying that publicly. Like I said, I meant everything I said, but where I'm at in my life, you know, I need to learn from that and keep that privately.''

Marshall has acknowledged receiving treatment for borderline personality disorder and anger management, and after Sapp called him a ''reerun'' in a radio interview, he didn't hold back.

He said in an online video posted Monday that he couldn't discuss finances with Sapp ''because he filed for bankruptcy'' or marriage ''because he filed for divorce.'' He also said in the video on that he couldn't speak to him about becoming a father some day because ''he's not active in his children's life,'' and he posted on Twitter later that day that Sapp apparently challenged him to a fight.

On Thursday, Marshall said he had exchanged emails with Sapp, an NFL Network analyst, before posting the video and that it didn't go well. All that stemmed from an interview with the syndicated ''The Dan Patrick Show'' in which Sapp ripped today's players in general for not respecting the past and teed off on Marshall in particular for ''talking about Shannon Sharpe'' for apparently not realizing this: ''He's the first 100-catch receiver (tight end) back to back, reerun.''

It appeared he actually confused Shannon Sharpe with his brother Sterling, an NFL Network analyst who had questioned Marshall's effort in the Dolphins' loss to the New York Jets a year ago. Marshall responded at the time, saying the commentators need to stop worrying about stuff they know nothing about.

tl;dr version -

Sapp calls Marshall a reerun. Marshall retaliates by saying that he couldn't discuss finances with Sapp ''because he filed for bankruptcy'' or marriage ''because he filed for divorce.'' He also said in the video on that he couldn't speak to him about becoming a father some day because ''he's not active in his children's life,'' and he posted on Twitter later that day that Sapp apparently challenged him to a fight. Marshall then said he should have just kept things private.

blaise 09-28-2012 01:02 PM

Probably be a good fight.

Hammock Parties 09-28-2012 01:04 PM

lol, idiots

why isn't Sapp fired?

MIAdragon 09-28-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8956997)
lol, idiots

why isn't Sapp fired?

The guy is an EPIC douche bag.

L.A. Chieffan 09-28-2012 01:49 PM

They're both right

ToxSocks 09-28-2012 01:49 PM

I like Sapp. Seems like a guy i could Smoke a Bowl with.

**** Marshall. Dude is a dickbag.

WV 09-28-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8957111)
I like Sapp. Seems like a guy i could Smoke a Bowl with.

**** Marshall. Dude is a dickbag.

Marshall was right in this instance. Sapp shouldn't have a job for a number for reasons and this one just adds to the list. He's a far bigger dbag than Marshall.

R8RFAN 09-28-2012 03:24 PM

Piss on Sapp

FlaChief58 09-28-2012 03:29 PM

They're both right. Now kiss & make up

mcaj22 09-28-2012 03:43 PM

lol Sapp talking about other people's character and respect.

the dude is a walking hypocrite and Brandon Marshall no matter how crazy is 100 percent right to defend himself here and point out the obvious which is Sapp's problems.

ForeverChiefs58 09-28-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8957310)
Marshall was right in this instance. Sapp shouldn't have a job for a number for reasons and this one just adds to the list. He's a far bigger dbag than Marshall.

Jeremy Shockey agrees.

Marcellus 09-28-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8957110)
They're both right

Probably the only post you have ever made I agree with. Kudos.

seclark 09-28-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8957511)
Probably the only post you have ever made I agree with. Kudos.

yep...****em both.
sec

Pasta Little Brioni 09-28-2012 05:50 PM

U/Faider, yeah that'll add a few douche points.