ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If we had drafted Russell Wilson... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268584)

Rain Man 01-07-2013 10:07 AM

If we had drafted Russell Wilson...

...and if we still had the first pick, would you still take a quarterback with that first pick?

Just curious. I haven't seen enough of Wilson to make a long-term call yet. From a statistical standpoint it seemed like the team was protecting him a lot earlier in the year, but anecdotally it seemed like he improved as the year progressed.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2013 10:09 AM

If we had drafted Russell Wilson he would have received the same amount of playing time as Ricky Stanzi.

FlaChief58 01-07-2013 10:11 AM

Provided he played the same, no. BPA, then draft qb in the 3rd

But if we had him and he played the same, we would not have been 2-14

jd1020 01-07-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9291521)
If we had drafted Russell Wilson he would have received the same amount of playing time as Ricky Stanzi.

I don't think thats fair.

If we'd have drafted Russell Wilson that would mean Pioli would have been fired and RAC would have never happened.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9291532)
I don't think thats fair.

If we'd have drafted Russell Wilson that would mean 'Team-killer' Pioli would have been fired and RAC would have never happened.

True.

Pioli would have never drafted Russell Wilson.

So if we had drafted Russell Wilson, it can be assumed that Pioli was fired after the 2011 season.

RealSNR 01-07-2013 10:15 AM

"Matt's the starter"

Chief Faithful 01-07-2013 10:15 AM

The last coaching staff would have benched him and ruined him. Part of Wilson's success was coach Carroll.

RealSNR 01-07-2013 10:16 AM

If Pioli HAD drafted Russell though, AND given him playing time, I seriously doubt even Russell would be able to overcome the cluster**** of reerunery that was our coaching staff and front office personnel.

He wouldn't look NEARLY as good as he does now.

RealSNR 01-07-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 9291543)
The last coaching staff would have benched him and ruined him. Part of Wilson's success was coach Carroll.

Oddly enough, though, from my Seahawks insider, Carroll and Bevell didn't even want Russell Wilson. That was entirely a John Schneider pick, in which he took control of the organization by the throat and said, "Here's another QB, guys."

Reerun_KC 01-07-2013 10:18 AM

I would of much rather grabbed one of the Mannings over Wilson...

Graystoke 01-07-2013 10:19 AM

We would have had a "Real Competition" for who are starting QB would be.
Scooter/Romeo would have told us Matt won.

jd1020 01-07-2013 10:19 AM

This is a pretty easy answer though, can't believe it's an actual question.

I'd ride the Russell Wilson train.

Why would you want to use the #1 pick on a QB after finding what appears to be gold in the 3rd round?

tk13 01-07-2013 10:20 AM

I don't think Daboll would've been a good fit with him at all. He would've tried to cram him into Daboll's offense. Seattle has adjusted their offense to Wilson. I don't know if they're protecting him though, they throw downfield and take risks... but they are definitely a running offense, and Wilson's part of it. They were in the bottom 5 of the league in passing yards. Yesterday they ran for 200+ and threw for under 200.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC 01-07-2013 10:20 AM

I would of taken Elway over Wilson also....

Rain Man 01-07-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9291556)
This is a pretty easy answer though, can't believe it's an actual question.

I'd ride the Russell Wilson train.

Why would you want to use the #1 pick on a QB after finding what appears to be gold in the 3rd round?

I like Wilson, and I drafted him in my Alternate Reality draft. However, it's notable that he started every game and averaged less than 200 yards per game passing. I'm not sure how to interpet it. Part of it could be the fact that they have a good defense that may have given him short fields, and part of it could be that thunder muppet cartoon character they have at running back, so they didn't need to pass much. I just wondered how confident we (and Seattle) really are that he's a long-term franchise quarterback.