ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Eagles release WR Jason Avant, per league source. PFT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281932)

BlackHelicopters 03-04-2014 01:19 PM

Tyler Bray

Sfeihc 03-04-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10466155)
I would be just fine with...

Bowe
Beckham/Cooks
Jenkins
Avant
Hemmingway

This.:)

Sfeihc 03-04-2014 01:27 PM

Baring a trade Dorsey could use the other five draft picks on an O-lineman and across the defense.

BossChief 03-04-2014 02:12 PM

I wouldn't be interested until late in free agency.

This is not only a fantastic receiver class in the draft, it's also a deep free agency crop of receivers.

There are better options than a 31 year old player.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-04-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10466115)
Why do you care? Honestly, I have no idea why people give a shit that a new thread gets started. It doesn't affect you in the ****ing slightest, except that you're in here posting.

Then again, if its completely irrational, which it appears to be, then me bitching about it won't do any good.

Carry on.

But seriously, why do people care?

Whatever, it doesn't matter. Nevermind.

(but seriously why)

Why do you care that I care?

saphojunkie 03-04-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10466492)
Why do you care that I care?

I have no idea!

RealSNR 03-04-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10465958)
If they decide to cut Avery, draft a rookie and not re-sign McCluster....that gives us what?

Bowe
Rookie
Jenkins
Hemmingway

As long as he's cheap....I'd have no problem with Avant being a #4 or #5 WR.

Why would they cut Avery and sign Avant? Avery's contract isn't THAT crippling. Not only that, but Avery adds a dimension to the offense that we currently do not have.

He's not brilliant, and we should probably look to find a better WR2, but Avery is younger than Avant, faster, and just plain better.

Easy 6 03-04-2014 03:29 PM

Avery and Avant are a wash IMO, one guys faster, the other has better hands... but if I had to choose I'll keep the speed.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-04-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10466677)
Avery and Avant are a wash IMO, one guys faster, the other has better hands... but if I had to choose I'll keep the speed.

I'm with you.

**** catching the ball!

I just want to watch someone run down the field.

The Franchise 03-04-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10466662)
Why would they cut Avery and sign Avant? Avery's contract isn't THAT crippling. Not only that, but Avery adds a dimension to the offense that we currently do not have.

He's not brilliant, and we should probably look to find a better WR2, but Avery is younger than Avant, faster, and just plain better.

Quote:

The Chiefs won't have to cut anyone else in order to be in compliance with the salary cap. They'll be OK in that regard. But before the season? Don't know how much of a surprise this would be but Donnie Avery could be gone depending on what else happens at wide receiver. If the Chiefs sign a veteran or draft a receiver in the first round, Avery's roster spot could be in jeopardy. Something else to watch at wide receiver is the development of A.J. Jenkins. If he looks like he's making progress after an offseason in the Chiefs' system, that also could be trouble for Avery.

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-...e/donnie-avery

Easy 6 03-04-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Douchebag (Post 10466680)
I'm with you.

**** catching the ball!

I just want to watch someone run down the field.

I know right? it sucked watching him blow by everyone for a 79 yard td!

RealSNR 03-04-2014 03:36 PM

Are we doing this stupid circular bitching crap again?

"Our guys ****ing suck at catching the ball! Bring in some sure-handed veterans and keep those training camp guys who didn't drop it in preseason!"

"Our QB has nobody to throw to! Nobody's open! We need some speed to stretch the defense and get open!"

"That guy we brought in last year doesn't catch the ball! Replace him with this slow veteran guy who just got cut!"

... etc.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-04-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10466694)
I know right? it sucked watching him blow by everyone for a 79 yard td!

LOL.

He is worth a once-in-a-season catch like that I suppose.

The Franchise 03-04-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10466695)
Are we doing this stupid circular bitching crap again?

"Our guys ****ing suck at catching the ball! Bring in some sure-handed veterans and keep those training camp guys who didn't drop it in preseason!"

"Our QB has nobody to throw to! Nobody's open! We need some speed to stretch the defense and get open!"

"That guy we brought in last year doesn't catch the ball! Replace him with this slow veteran guy who just got cut!"

... etc.

I'm saying you replace Avery and McCluster with Beckham/Cooks and Avant. Avant is your 4th or 5th WR at vet minimum.

mcaj22 03-04-2014 04:00 PM

Sounds like Avery could be more of a cut closer to training camp, ya know after they see if AJ Jenkins figured out how to not be a horrible bust.