ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So my son wants a tattoo (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269756)

frankotank 02-07-2013 08:21 AM

so I still haven't been able to share all this valuable input with my son, he worked late last night, but I DID share with my wife who promptly pointed out that I'm a tard for not included the all important fact that Grandma collected angels.
so yeah, my bad, that's a big part of the reason for his angel wings idea.
having said that.....I'm gonna try to talk him out of it.

Molitoth 02-07-2013 08:30 AM

Who gives a shit what people on ChiefsPlanet think.

If the tattoo means something to him, he should get it.

He isn't going to please everyone. No matter what he gets, some people are going to hate it. And unless your son ends up in prison, he's not going to have to worry about getting his stool pushed in.

KC_Lee 02-07-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9384324)
so I still haven't been able to share all this valuable input with my son, he worked late last night, but I DID share with my wife who promptly pointed out that I'm a tard for not included the all important fact that Grandma collected angels.

Well the angel wings could still be done just in a better fashion. If you take the idea to a good artist they might come up with a bunch of cool ideas.

frankotank 02-07-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9384334)
Who gives a shit what people on ChiefsPlanet think.

If the tattoo means something to him, he should get it.

He isn't going to please everyone. No matter what he gets, some people are going to hate it. And unless your son ends up in prison, he's not going to have to worry about getting his stool pushed in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9384335)
Well the angel wings could still be done just in a better fashion. If you take the idea to a good artist they might come up with a bunch of cool ideas.

oh don't get me wrong...he's gonna do what HE wants to do. he marches to the beat of his own drummer.....and I'm proud of him for it. I like to think he got that from ME!
I think a better idea may be in order though.
we'll see.

KCUnited 02-07-2013 08:45 AM

If it was me, I would get the grandma in an apron, sort of like that Grandma's Office Catering grandma, along with some catering dishes of food and Jesus, Moses, and some other saints in line like she's serving up lunch in heaven. I'd make the lunch some sort of bbq.

WhiteWhale 02-07-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9382960)
With all due respect, you know what the biggest difference is between people that have tattoos and people that don't have tattoos?

People with tattoos don't care that you don't have a tattoo.

Liar.

Tattoos are trendy, not rebellious. This isn't 20 years ago. Stop pretending it makes you a rebel or social outcast. People get them to fit in, not stand out. Get off of your cross.

I don't have tattoos. I've been called a 'square' 'Coward' 'Wimp' when telling sleeved up dickheads I don't have any tattoos. Girls I date bitch about it CONSTANTLY.

I don't care what people do until they start pushing it on me. The reality is that some people are assholes, and some people are not. Tattoos have nothing to do with it.

threebag 02-07-2013 08:48 AM

http://media.boreme.com/post_media/2...pit-tattoo.jpg

Omaha 02-07-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9382530)
He turns 18 about 6 months at which point he can do what he wants anyways. We're using this as a bargaining chip for now....get your grades up and we'll consider it. Welp....just got the mid quarters and he is kicking some major ass!
He wants angel wings (two wings on one arm) from his shoulder to his elbow in honor of his grandmother who passed last year so it's not like it's gonna be small or easily concealed.
I have no problem with tattoos, and honestly i think his idea is a good one. But he's a 17 year old kid. Not sure that this is a good idea. Especially considering the size.

Thoughts?

It would be better on his lower back.

Radar Chief 02-07-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9384359)

WTF are those scars on the inside of his arm, heroin tracks?

Rausch 02-07-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9382530)
He wants angel wings (two wings on one arm) from his shoulder to his elbow in honor of his grandmother who passed last year...

Thoughts?

If that's his true reason for it I wouldn't stop him.

I ****ing hate needles but I've considered doing the same now that both of my grandparents passed...

Carlota69 02-07-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9384324)

Instead of wings, how about a beautiful angel in its entirety? That would make a pretty sweet 1/2sleeve.

Wumbology 02-07-2013 09:15 AM

There has only been one good tattoo in the history of mankind:

http://ic.f.tsatic-cdn.net/849/640_360/9f2b1_849264.jpg

frankotank 02-07-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9384363)
It would be better on his lower back.

yes I'm sure you'd like that.
I mean, after all, he IS very muscular and slim! :D

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

that's funny right thar....I don't care who y'are!

frankotank 02-07-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9384406)
Instead of wings, how about a beautiful angel in its entirety? That would make a pretty sweet 1/2sleeve.

now THAT is not a bad idea.... o:-)

mr. tegu 02-07-2013 09:38 AM

He should get a Kermit the frog. I know a guy who does good work.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...tto_parlor.jpg