ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs in contact with Sean Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270929)

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9479175)
I think they might have been talking about Robinson. Hard to tell, since the sentence is poorly worded.

No, they weren't. They were speaking about Smith.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479181)
No, they weren't. They were speaking about Smith.

LMAO

They're not talking about Smith, dumbass.

They're talking about Robinson, since he's getting the lesser contract, and hence him playing nickel or FS would be "justified."

Christ, you're dumb.

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9479183)
LMAO

They're not talking about Smith, dumbass.

They're talking about Robinson, since he's getting the lesser contract, and hence him playing nickel or FS would be "justified."

Christ, you're dumb.

LMAO

Get back to us when you get ANYTHING right.

Claynus.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2013 02:36 AM

Dane, the only sensible thing for you to say right now is:

"Oops. I read that wrong. I guess Sean Smith isn't a nickel cornerback."

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9479175)
I think they might have been talking about Robinson. Hard to tell, since the sentence is poorly worded.

Yeah, that sentence structure sucks

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9479186)
Dane, the only sensible thing for you to say right now is:

"Oops. I read that wrong. I guess Sean Smith isn't a nickel cornerback."

And the only sensible thing for you to do is shut the **** up.

But as we all know, Mr. 200,000 posts, is that you won't.

NJChiefsFan 03-09-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479187)

Indeed.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9479187)

Fooled you, eh?

It's OK to be wrong, Dane.

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9479190)
Indeed.

Yeah, I had to re-read it a few times before I could figure out what he was saying.

I should be used to it after reading 200,000 Claynus posts.

My bad.

DenverChief 03-09-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

n a night the NFL sent a memo to teams saying that premature agreements with pending free agents will be frowned upon until Tuesday, the busy Chiefs kept things interesting by making some news.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Chiefs have come to terms with Dunta Robinson on a three-year deal. Robinson, recently cut by the Falcons, was once considered a top cornerback. He never lived up to the huge contract the Falcons gave him, but he wasn’t terrible, either. He could thrive being the No. 2 cornerback in Kansas City. Robinson was free to agree to a deal because he was released and was not technically an unrestricted free agent.

There has been some early thought that Robinson, who turns 31 next month, can play nickel or even help at safety for the Chiefs. If that is the case, the Chiefs could still look at Alabama corner Dee Milliner with the No. 1 pick. A trio of Brandon Flowers, Robinson and Milliner would be stellar. Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. likes the signing.

“He is pretty aggressive in all facets of playing the position -- which can be good and bad,” Williamson said of Robinson. “It can get him into trouble and he, in turn, can have some coverage lapses. Even though he never lived up to the contract he signed in Atlanta, I would still say he is a starting-caliber cornerback as a No. 2.”

Even as a starter, Robinson often plays the nickel spot in those situations.

And the Chiefs might not be out of the cornerback market. The NFL Network reports that the team has made contact with representatives of Miami’s Sean Smith. That move had been expected. Smith would start in Kansas City if signed, and the signing would give the Chiefs a powerhouse cornerback group.

The agreement with Robinson continues a busy stretch for the Chiefs, who have been by far the most active team in the NFL in the past 10 days. Along with Robinson, the Chiefs have agreed to trade for quarterback Alex Smith, signed standouts Dwayne Bowe and Dustin Colquitt to extensions, put the franchise tag on Branden Albert, reworked the contract of Tyson Jackson and cut tackle Eric Winston.

The Chiefs also have the top pick in April's draft. While Milliner could remain on the table depending on Robinson’s duties, the team might be leaning toward taking Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel, with a plan for him to play right tackle for now, depending on Albert’s future.

Still, as the Robinson signing shows, the Chiefs can’t be expected to quiet down as they begin the Andy Reid era. Everything seems to be possible.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...medium=twitter

Hammock Parties 03-09-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

the signing would give the Chiefs a powerhouse cornerback group.
LMAO

Bill Williamson, ladies and gentlemen.

penbrook 03-09-2013 02:46 AM

Sean Smith would be our #2 corner.

Robinson would be #3 corner if not the starting FS.

Arenas would be the nickel corner and the #3 or #4 depending on Robinsons position.

suzzer99 03-09-2013 02:51 AM

Can Arenas play safety?

KCrockaholic 03-09-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9479199)
Can Arenas play safety?

Serious question?

penbrook 03-09-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9479200)
Serious question?

Arenas is best suited as the nickel corner. And no Arenas cant play safety. Damn people now days.