ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Roller Derby (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262000)

Donger 07-25-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9833947)
I guess it is a misconception that you have to be one to play. :hmmm:

Then your list isn't complete.

luv 08-02-2013 08:46 AM

Just in case there's anyone in the Springfield looking for things to do the next couple of weekends...

Tonight is First Friday Art Walk downtown. Not derby related, but I'm going if it's not raining.

August 10th - Birthplace of Route 66 Festival Car Show - Park Central Square - 10am-4pm. SRG will have a merch table set up, and we'll have girls skating around. Tickets for August 17th double header will be sold.

August 11th - Shop & Skate - Skateport - 5-8pm - $5 (if you want to skate). Skating party with vendors, food and fun activities including inflatables. Monthly event that raises money for different charities, causes, and organizations. SRG will be selling merch and tickets here as well. Admission is free if you're not skating.

August 17th - Double Header v. St. Chux Derby Chix - Skateport - 6-9:30pm. My last home bout before I retire from competing and take over training Fresh Meat. Tickets $10 at the door or $8 in advance (like at one of the events I just mentioned).

patteeu 08-02-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9852566)
Just in case there's anyone in the Springfield looking for things to do the next couple of weekends...

Tonight is First Friday Art Walk downtown. Not derby related, but I'm going if it's not raining.

August 10th - Birthplace of Route 66 Festival Car Show - Park Central Square - 10am-4pm. SRG will have a merch table set up, and we'll have girls skating around. Tickets for August 17th double header will be sold.

August 11th - Shop & Skate - Skateport - 5-8pm - $5 (if you want to skate). Skating party with vendors, food and fun activities including inflatables. Monthly event that raises money for different charities, causes, and organizations. SRG will be selling merch and tickets here as well. Admission is free if you're not skating.

August 17th - Double Header v. St. Chux Derby Chix - Skateport - 6-9:30pm. My last home bout before I retire from competing and take over training Fresh Meat. Tickets $10 at the door or $8 in advance (like at one of the events I just mentioned).

You're retiring already?

luv 08-02-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9852637)
You're retiring already?

I enjoy it, but I'm not one who likes to be on the front line. I'm much more comfortable in a supporting role. I'm good on my skates, and I'm a good teacher. We are short on girls right now, and we need someone who can be available to train the new girls during practice time. Training would not count as practice attendance for me, so I wouldn't meet the attendance requirements to skate. I will probably bench coach during bouts.

Dinny Bossa Nova 08-02-2013 09:43 AM

My son has been asking to go to one of these. We will definitely be there the 17th. I'm gonna see if I can get Sauto to make the scene.

HEY SAUTO!!!!!!!!

Dinny

luv 08-21-2013 12:34 PM

Updated the OP. I'll actually be missing going to this bout due to going to the KC/Dallas game, but, if you're in town, you should go! (Or not go and watch Sunday Night Football.)

luv 09-07-2013 08:13 AM

Skating in my last bout tonight in Ft. Smith, AR. I'm not sure why, but I'm more nervous now than I was before my first bout last February.

luv 09-12-2013 04:29 PM

The team I skate on...

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...16967440_n.jpg

Dayze 09-12-2013 04:50 PM

Who's the hot bitch 3 in from the right?

luv 09-12-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9966686)
Who's the hot bitch 3 in from the right?

;)

Discuss Thrower 09-12-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9833936)
Wait. You go to the No Name Saloon? I didn't go that night.

No, wrong bar.