ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think the QB of the future may be on our roster already. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263152)

Coogs 09-03-2012 01:26 PM

I think the QB of the future may be on our roster already.

Laugh if you must, but I really think the QB we are looking for might be Brady Quinn.

I re-watched the game from last Thursday this morning. All-in-all, I felt like Quinn was very sharp... given the fact that he just started getting some time with the first string players earlier in the week.

Cassel's only pass, and Quinn's first pass were nearly the identical same play. Bowe had to go to the ground to catch Cassel's throw. Breaston caught Quinn's right were the ball should have been thrown, and turned it up-field for 3 or so more yards.

Quinn's 2nd pass was a beautifully thrown ball that hit Baldwin right in stride, and Baldwin was able to turn it up for several more yards.

The next two passes were highly criticized around here after/since the game. I did not see that much there that can not be fixed... once Quinn gets more time with the #1's to get timing issues worked out. All thorughout OTA's and Training Camp, I never recall hearing Quinn (or Stanzi) making any plays with any #1 receivers. Not even during drills.

Anyway. On the first one, as slant pass to Baldwin, it looks like just a matter of timing. They were on the same page... but just didn't connect. More reps together to develop some chemistry, and that is a TD easily.

The next play... which was an Interception that was negated by a penalty on the Packers... that had a whistle blown in the middle of the play... it appeared that Baldwin and Quinn were not on the same page. Quinn's pass appeared that he expected Baldwin to go inside instead of on the fade route that Baldwin ran. Again, more reps together to develop the right chemistry so they are reading the right thing. Baldwin cuts inside, and that is a TD. Quinn throws the fade pass, and it is also probably a TD. Not on same page. That has to be understandable given the minimal amount of time the two have had together.

Next drive was all backups. Line and skill players.

3rd and 7. Hits Bellamy right on the button for an easy first down.

3rd and 9. Hits Manari right on the numbers for another first down.

3rd and 8. QB draw type of run that would have made Elway proud right up to the non-slide that got him slightly injured.

Then the next pass that has been widely criticized around here. The Interception on the back of the endzone. Again, this was with his backups and not the starters, which gives no excuse to Quinn. BUT... he starts out looking to his left. Staying with his progression, he moves to the middle of the field. At this point, Harris is getting his ass kicked by a Packers defender causing Quinn to have to step up into the pocket, which is collapsing under the 2nd string line. A half of a second more at the most, and Manari is comming wide open on a TE drag across just a little right of where Quinn made the decision to throw. Tiny bit better pocket, and that ball goes to Manari if Quinn has the time to finish his reads and that is an easy TD.

That is all the further I watched. And that was all the further I needed to watch. I am convinced Quinn is going to be just what the doctor ordered for this team. All he needs is more time with the #1's to get on the same page with them.

I know Cassel is the starter for now. I can accept that. He is not the best QB though. And it is not even going to be close... in time.

Munson 09-03-2012 01:29 PM

If its between Quinn and Cassel, I'll take Quinn.

But we should draft a 1st round QB next year no matter what.

KCUnited 09-03-2012 01:29 PM

Chief fan, never stop being you.

JD10367 09-03-2012 01:29 PM

If Brady Quinn is the answer, you're asking the wrong question.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-03-2012 01:31 PM

durtyrute 09-03-2012 01:32 PM

I'll take Quinn over Cassel

ClevelandBronco 09-03-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8874300)
I'll take Quinn over Cassel

I'd take death by firing squad over death by cyanide.

Cornstock 09-03-2012 01:34 PM

I feel like you will be getting a fair amount of flak for this, but I can see it. At least the part where he is better than Cassel. Its just plain bold to say that he is the long term solution but with reps he could be a significant improvement.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-03-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8874295)
If Brady Quinn is the answer, you're asking the wrong question.

Yup

Deberg_1990 09-03-2012 01:35 PM

You know whos always the most popular guy on the team? The backup QB

Until he actually plays.............

Bump 09-03-2012 01:35 PM

Tanney needs to be our QBOTF

until we draft a QB in the first round next year.

Rain Man 09-03-2012 01:36 PM

If you count the preseason, I believe that Tanney has the highest career quarterback rating.

jspchief 09-03-2012 01:40 PM

I think Quinn has the mental part. I just don't like his accuracy from what I've seen so far.

It might still be an upgrade. At least he's a guy that can use the entire field. Plus, if it came without injury to Cassel, it would at least signal that they are moving on.

Pablo 09-03-2012 01:44 PM

LMAO

Yeah, sure.

notorious 09-03-2012 01:44 PM

God help us.