ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

Fairplay 05-02-2008 07:38 PM

This thread is going to go on and on and make the ever ready battery look sick.

BigChiefFan 05-02-2008 10:15 PM

For those having problems with the brightness-you don't have to adjust your T.V.

Press pause and go to DISPLAY, adjust the picture that way. Problem solved. I was having the same problem, now it's kicking ass.

kcxiv 05-03-2008 12:56 AM

Damn, i am on 15 hours played and only like 15 percent in. I just love goofing off. Making some money by doing side quests, going here and there, just exploring. Its only just started. I can see me going easily into about 50 hours played before i decide to finish it. Game is worth 300 bucks.

POND_OF_RED 05-03-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 4725953)
holy shit..anyone watched the TV yet? The Mens Room w/ Baas rutten is ****n awesome...and the commercials ROFL

Just saw a Katt Williams standup on there. Also I love listening to the Journey while I run from the Cops. This game is the SHIT!!!!

dj56dt58 05-03-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED (Post 4732231)
Just saw a Katt Williams standup on there. Also I love listening to the Journey while I run from the Cops. This game is the SHIT!!!!

lol..I gotta go watch some more Tv on there..beats anything on real TV

BWillie 05-03-2008 02:42 PM

How the hell do you beat the bikers that are screwing that crime boss guys ho? I go into the park and they gun me down everytime. I've failed the mission like 4 times in a row.. dahh

QuikSsurfer 05-03-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4732653)
How the hell do you beat the bikers that are screwing that crime boss guys ho? I go into the park and they gun me down everytime. I've failed the mission like 4 times in a row.. dahh

Can't you ditch the bike and get a car before you hit the park? Run over a few then get out and use the trees for cover.

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4732653)

You do have the body armor on, right?

It took me a couple of tries with the body armor and the uzi.

BWillie 05-03-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4732657)
Can't you ditch the bike and get a car before you hit the park? Run over a few then get out and use the trees for cover.

I don't know I'll try it. The game initially tells me I have to get on the bike. I don't have any body armour yet, and no oozy as far as I know. Just a shotgun and pistol. Where do you get body armour?

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4732829)
I don't know I'll try it. The game initially tells me I have to get on the bike. I don't have any body armour yet, and no oozy as far as I know. Just a shotgun and pistol. Where do you get body armour?

One of the other story missions leads you to a weapon store.

No wonder you're having trouble. I'd hate to try that one without body armor.

BWillie 05-03-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4732835)
One of the other story missions leads you to a weapon store.

No wonder you're having trouble. I'd hate to try that one without body armor.

I went into the weapons store and I've already bought stuff from there. But I didn't see any body armour. Almost everything there said display only except like one gun

kcxiv 05-03-2008 05:03 PM

I did that bike mission in the park without any armor. it took me a few tries, but its not that hard if you use the duck and cover system.

JBucc 05-03-2008 05:27 PM

I completed that mission in 3 tries I think. The first two times I crashed the bike and flipped out into the water and he got away. The 3rd time I took it slowly and got to the park. Then I ran to the other side of the park and took cover and a few of them chased after me so I took shots as them as they ran towards me. Then went back up and finished the others off.

TinyEvel 05-03-2008 05:28 PM

wow, you guys are teh shznit. I've owned it since TUesday and I've only got to the first (bowling) date! Wait, actually I did the mission to help that dude pick up his shit from storage and all the fuzz rain down on you.

But I've ben working all week and this weekend my in-laws are staying over, and mo-inlaw sleeps in my TV room :cuss: I have some serious catching up to do. I might just "have to go into work" and spend six hours on it there in my office.
Haven't even played multi yet.

kcxiv 05-03-2008 05:30 PM

I been playing all morning and only 23 percent in now. 20 hours. Its just crazy how much enjoyment you can get out of this game. Most games are like 8 hours and its over and your 60 bucks are done. This game has so much shit you can do outside of the main storyline its a blast.