ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jets exploring trade options for Revis? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269235)

O.city 01-23-2013 07:11 PM

I just don't view ACL's the same. I think he'll be fine, injury wise.

And he probably deserves the contract he is gonna get, dudes a great cover CB.

You would have the best CB tandem in the league, IMO. Flowers and Revis? Sure. If he's not worth it, who is?

Let me ask this, would you be getting an equal talent if you draft a CB in the second round?

Hammock Parties 01-23-2013 07:12 PM

The Broncos will make a run at him after Chump Bailey got smoked.

hometeam 01-23-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9345621)
Branden Albert?

YES. LET US TRADE A PLAYER THAT WE DO NOT HAVE UNDER CONTRACT LOL

-King- 01-23-2013 07:14 PM

I'd trade our 2nd + some later picks or some other player for him.

-King- 01-23-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9345646)
28yrs old (in football terms)
Coming off acl repair
Would be on a 1 year deal and will be looking for the largest contract ever for a cb.
Would require premium compensation in a trade.

I'd love to have him, but I'm not sure about all the costs involved being worth it.

It just sucks that ***** let Carr walk because he didn't want to hurt Flowers feelings...these conversations shouldn't even be taking place.

What?

And wtf is football terms?

MeatRock 01-23-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9345654)
The Broncos will make a run at him after Chump Bailey got smoked.

^ This

O.city 01-23-2013 07:18 PM

Hell, he tore up his knee in October. He'll be fine by the time the opener rolls around.

Bwana 01-23-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9345630)
Paging Daniel Snyder....

That was my first thought as well.

Easy 6 01-23-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9345646)
I'd love to have him, but I'm not sure about all the costs involved being worth it.

Exactly, who wouldnt want a player like him... but it will be a "the moon & stars" situation.

O.city 01-23-2013 07:19 PM

I'd give up our 2 rounder this year, maybe a 2 or 3 next year.

BossChief 01-23-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345652)
I just don't view ACL's the same. I think he'll be fine, injury wise.

And he probably deserves the contract he is gonna get, dudes a great cover CB.

You would have the best CB tandem in the league, IMO. Flowers and Revis? Sure. If he's not worth it, who is?

Let me ask this, would you be getting an equal talent if you draft a CB in the second round?

I have no doubts that he will return to be a good player, but the question is how good?...he will want ELITE money, not "really good".

John Dorsey has been able to identify top notch corners in GB in the mid rounds.

I'd rather have a "Tramon Williams" for 10 years at a lower cap rate than a lesser version of Revis for 4, at the largest contract for a corner...especially when you factor in Emmitt Thomas.

TribalElder 01-23-2013 07:20 PM

He is a diva. Every year he wants to renegotiate his contract. He is good and all but is also a distraction.

CaliforniaChief 01-23-2013 07:21 PM

I wouldn't give up what someone else would. And for an organization whose leadership has publicly stated that you build through the draft, you aren't going to give up picks for a CB coming off ACL. Or any CB. You trust your scouts to find the right guy and draft him.

O.city 01-23-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9345675)
I have no doubts that he will return to be a good player, but the question is how good?...he will want ELITE money, not "really good".

John Dorsey has been able to identify top notch corners in GB in the mid rounds.

I'd rather have a "Tramon Williams" for 10 years at a lower cap rate than a lesser version of Revis for 4, at the largest contract for a corner...especially when you factor in Emmitt Thomas.

Why would he not return to be elite? In this day and age, guys are coming back to be just as good with a new ACL as they were before.

And to be honest, I don't give a **** about the "cap". It can be manipulated either way to make room for guys. Also, it's not my money, so ****ing spend it.

So I'll take the best CB in the league, and draft one later on who can be developed by Emmit Thomas. Hell, you can get a top CB in next years class if you want.

BossChief 01-23-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9345660)
What?

And wtf is football terms?

Pioli slipped during an interview (I'm not gonna dig it up, just trust me) and mentioned that he let Carr walk because he didn't want Flowers to feel "one upped" by Carr getting a larger contract than him. Silly, I know...but the truth.

"In football terms" meaning we would be trading for a player that is currently 27, but would be 28 by the time the 2013 season starts.