ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jets exploring trade options for Revis? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269235)

O.city 01-23-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9345757)
This is where I fall. You can also make the argument that players of Revis' talent are a fit anywhere, but for a team that has a ton of holes, giving up the opportunity for cheap, cost-controlled young players for a player probably at the tail end of his prime pulls us in two separate directions.

I get that, and I grudgingly probably agree, but he would upgrade a hole, significantly.

And on defense, I'm not exactly sure the holes are ones that need to be filled with high draft picks. A core of Revis, Flowers, Berry, Tamba (who's on the tail end), DJ (also tail end), Poe, Berry, and Houston, you could potentially fill in the rest with "role" guys.

And to be quite honest, alot of this from me is coming from the fact that we've have "cap hits, cost fits can't spend for this guy etc" shoved down our throat by Pioli , then he turns around and spends on Jackson and Cassel, that I don't give a damn about the cap.

O.city 01-23-2013 07:52 PM

I also think it might be possible to give up less, draft pick wise, for him than we might think. If the Jets know they aren't re signing the guy, they might be a little more willing to dump him.

DaneMcCloud 01-23-2013 07:54 PM

I wouldn't touch Revis, especially with the #34 overall.

Let some big market team like the Giants or Redskins or Philly overpay for his services.

O.city 01-23-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9345785)
I wouldn't touch Revis, especially with the #34 overall.

Let some big market team like the Giants or Redskins or Philly overpay for his services.

Even if you planned on taking a CB wiht that pick anyway?

Is it because of the injury? Age? Price?

P.S / picked up that book you told me about, currently reading. Almost finished with it, hoping it works out.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-23-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345776)
I also think it might be possible to give up less, draft pick wise, for him than we might think. If the Jets know they aren't re signing the guy, they might be a little more willing to dump him.

I've always thought it's a good idea to trade with teams that are historically awful and ask for draft picks in return.

A sneaky awesome trade:

Our first round pick in 2014 for Revis and the Jets' first in 2015.

The Jets pretty much always suck, and I'd bet on that pick being top 10.

O.city 01-23-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9345792)
I've always thought it's a good idea to trade with teams that are historically awful and ask for draft picks in return.

A sneaky awesome trade:

Our first round pick in 2014 for Revis and the Jets' first in 2015.

The Jets pretty much always suck, and I'd bet on that pick being top 10.

Not sure if serious here?

If you are, yeah, would sound pretty good.

Depending on what pick we had.

DaneMcCloud 01-23-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345789)
Even if you planned on taking a CB wiht that pick anyway?

Is it because of the injury? Age? Price?

P.S / picked up that book you told me about, currently reading. Almost finished with it, hoping it works out.

Yeah, I'd rather have a 22 year old with no injury issues over a 28 year old with recent ACL replacement looking for a huge contract.

IMO, he's a one year rental. He'll likely be 29 by the time he's fully recovered and at that age, other health issues become a concern.

IMO, he's not a good investment for the Chiefs.

Rambozo 01-23-2013 09:25 PM

I bet they would take Charles for Revis like the Donks took Champ for Portis. If Revis had never been injured, I would really consider it. The Donks came out awesome in that trade and shut down corners are hard to find.

I would give a draft pick for him IF they really just want to unload his contract for a 4th or something close. Kind of like the 7th the Falcons gave for Samuel. Someone else would probably offer more but, I don't think they'll get a first for him coming off an injury.

On a side note, I just read the Pack might cut Charles Woodson because he is due $10 million this year. He would be nice at FS for a couple of years...

HolyHat 01-23-2013 09:26 PM

Before I read anything other than the title of the thread, let me just say this.

NO!

RealSNR 01-23-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9346017)
I bet they would take Charles for Revis like the Donks took Champ for Portis. If Revis had never been injured, I would really consider it. The Donks came out awesome in that trade and shut down corners are hard to find.

If they turn that down, we can do better and offer them McCluster.

Right, BlackSpongeWoodbozochuckPantsBob?

Rambozo 01-23-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9346044)

When you say "right" what are you referring to? I'm not being a smartass man. I question whether you actually read my post. I gave some examples of similar trades from the past, the Jets need to unload some money, and I was very frugal about what I would give.

Where are you coming from man?

DJ's left nut 01-23-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9345646)
28yrs old (in football terms)
Coming off acl repair
Would be on a 1 year deal and will be looking for the largest contract ever for a cb.
Would require premium compensation in a trade.

I'd love to have him, but I'm not sure about all the costs involved being worth it.

It just sucks that ***** let Carr walk because he didn't want to hurt Flowers feelings...these conversations shouldn't even be taking place.

Especially when almost everyone 'feels their way' through the first season after the injury.

Revis will be decent in 2013, IMO - but he won't be completely back until 2014 and by then he'll be nearing his 30s and starting to decline.

Revis is a great player, no question. But with the health risks, financial commitment and inevitable decline, he's just not a terribly valuable asset.

I might give up our 3rd for him, but I won't swear by that. We're just not at a point right now where we can give up assets for an immediate fix. In the end, there are teams that are a corner away from being contenders and they have picks in the teens/20s so they can beat us by a round.

The Chiefs would be insane to give up their 2nd for him - but the Packers sure as hell wouldn't. We can't bid with those teams so we should stay out of the running.

DJ's left nut 01-23-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9346044)

He was more useful when he was bitching about the social groups...

RealSNR 01-23-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9346091)
When you say "right" what are you referring to? I'm not being a smartass man. I question whether you actually read my post. I gave some examples of similar trades from the past, the Jets need to unload some money, and I was very frugal about what I would give.

Where are you coming from man?

"I bet they would take Charles for Revis."

Yes, I bet they would. Why the **** would WE do that trade, though? It ****ing sucks for us even if it's only a hypothetical offer.

HotCarl 01-23-2013 09:59 PM

A guy with an ego the size of the city he plays in, coming off a serious injury, on a rental plan? Not worth either our first or our second.

Sadly, if we hadn't let Carr walk for nothing, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Nor would we if we could evaluate talent in the draft like we could back then, sorry to say.