ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bernard Pollard-Another former Chief saying the chiefs don't wanna win (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264650)

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-04-2012 12:57 PM

Bernard Pollard-Another former Chief saying the chiefs don't wanna win

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_...udioId=6063673

All you can do is laugh at this point. "The chiefs don't make the moves necessary to improve the team, chiefs wont spend the $ to get great players"

T-post Tom 10-04-2012 01:03 PM

Bernie said that he was offended when Haley used blue language (mf) while coaching him. Coaches do that? Shocking.

J Diddy 10-04-2012 01:03 PM

**** Bernard Pollard.

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8976811)
**** Bernard Pollard.

Do you think he's wrong?

Chiefspants 10-04-2012 01:06 PM

That low blow on Brady is why this franchise is in the position it is today. What's now hilarious about that game is that Cassel could only manage seven point win against Huard and company. Heck, that game was four yards away from going into overtime.

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:06 PM

I'm so jealous of all the rings he's won since leaving Kansas City.

The Franchise 10-04-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8976817)

So you have to have a ring to have an opinion about this organization?

He's in a better position to get one where he's at....then he was here.

dallaschiefsfan 10-04-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

And how each team he's played on want to lock him up to a long-term contract. Oh wait...

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8976825)
So you have to have a ring to have an opinion about this organization?

He's in a better position to get one where he's at....then he was here.

The point he was trying to make was about winning.
He hasn't won anything significant since leaving Kansas City.

mcaj22 10-04-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

and just think Pollard has a more realistic of a chance to win a super bowl than the talent rotting on the Chiefs- Hali, Flowers, Charles, DJ will never even win a playoff game in a Chiefs uniform during the prime of their careers so at least Pollard is in a position to win and be competitive, and that's really all you want as a player and can ask for as a fan.

Chiefnj2 10-04-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8976840)

AFC Championship game last year. Would have won it if Evans caught the ball. KC hasn't sniffed that since '93.

The Franchise 10-04-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8976840)

He knows what a playoff win feels like.

mcaj22 10-04-2012 01:18 PM

Pollard has won division titles, playoff games, etc since leaving KC.

and he's only 27 with a 3 year extension with the Ravens. So a 3 year window before he's 30 to win a Super Bowl.

He will get there before Tamba, Charles, Flowers, DJ etc ever even sniff another winning season as Chiefs. If ever in the prime of their careers.

So yes, I'd say Pollard is in a very significant position to make his opinion and it has a lot of value to describe how this franchise is currently being run and how others think of it around the league.

DaWolf 10-04-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8976815)
Do you think he's wrong?

He's not wrong. But I didn't take anything he said as a shot. He got to the Chiefs at a time when everything was in flux and rebuilding, and he admits he still needed to mature and that getting cut helped give him a kick in the butt he needed. It would obviously be a difference going from the rebuilding of Herm and Carl to the remodel of Pioli and Haley to a maturing product in Houston with a stable coach and front office and the same thing in BMore with a stable coach, front office, and veteran players. The Ravens are established, players have won in the postseason, and they're building on that. Vs the Chiefs, who are still trying to establish an identity.

I liked listening to Pollard. Good interview...

Micjones 10-04-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8976842)
and just think Pollard has a more realistic of a chance to win a super bowl than the talent rotting on the Chiefs- Hali, Flowers, Charles, DJ will never even win a playoff game in a Chiefs uniform during the prime of their careers so at least Pollard is in a position to win and be competitive, and that's really all you want as a player and can ask for as a fan.

He won't though. No worries.