ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Trading for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269093)

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9334707)
We need a QB and Geno Smith will be a stud in the pros. No other pick would help our team more than Geno Smith would. We had the worst scoring offense in the league well that is because of shit QBs in Cassell and Quinn. Jamaal Charles made huge plays running the ball with that offensive line, so it was QB that held us back. Yes our OL needs to improve, but take the best option for a QB first. Then build the team around him. Geno Smith can throw for touchdowns Joeckel cannot.

Wilson is a better QB (or will be) than Geno.

milkman 01-20-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9334704)
Joeckel will be a better LT than Albert, he's also someone that will be able to step in and play very well at a high level immediately. Not to mention if a OT happens to get injured there's some shuffeling we could do and not skip a beat.

Allen and Asamoah makes great depth. They didn't exactly play well last season. Our interior line needs to be upgraded.

He will be a better LT than Albert?

You mean a better LT than one that only gave up 1 sack to QBs that have absolutely no pocket awareness, that play themselves into sacks?

Better than a guy who was among the best in run blocking?

And do you even watch football?

These OTs coming from spread offenses are taking 3 years to adapt to the NFL game.

Russel Okung was every bit as good a prospect as Joekel, and he just started to play to his potential this year.

That Smith kid the Rams drafted was another highly rated prospect who hasn't adapted, and has landed at the RT spot beacuse he couldn't.

Get a ****ing clue.

Rasputin 01-20-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9334715)

I wouldn't be upset if we picked Wilson, I would rather pick Geno Smith I like him better. Any other position than QB with our first pick would be just ****ing stupid. Also that is your opion that Wilson is better about Wilson, I think Geno is going be the best QB in this class.

milkman 01-20-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9334715)

And yet, almost every draft site has Smith rated higher than Wilson.

Of course, this from the dumb**** that thinks the answer to the QB problem is to try to lure Brett Favre out of retirement.

BigMeatballDave 01-20-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Joeckel will be a better LT than Albert, he's also someone that will be able to step in and play very well at a high level immediately. Not to mention if a OT happens to get injured there's some shuffeling we could do and not skip a beat.

Allen and Asamoah makes great depth. They didn't exactly play well last season. Our interior line needs to be upgraded.

LMAO Come on man!

I have to assume you are trolling at this point.

BigMeatballDave 01-20-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9334685)
Personally I'd drraft Barrett Jones to start at center and move Hudson into his natural guard position, where he was an All-American at FSU.

LT-Joeckel
LG-Albert
C -Jones
RG-Hudson
RT-Winston

That follks is the best Oline in the NFL.

Albert has already played 5 seasons at LT. reerun.

PRIEST 01-20-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9333951)
Before reading all of that i just wanted to say NO.

This

ROFLROFL

Rugby Thompson 01-20-2013 08:40 AM

Is Reid always wearing all black to look slimmer?

BigRedChief 01-20-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9334644)
yeah, that's right, but i'm interested in being a serious contributor here

if i'm still posting and you guys are ok with that in a couple months i pledge to change my user name if that helps everyone

redundant info: i've posted this a couple times but just to get it out there for sure, i'm overseas and one of my closest friends/colleagues is another American from Kansas, went to KU, huge Chiefs and Jayhawk fan ; SO, we take an interest in each other's teams and this AR coincidence and me on the Eagle message board brought me here

No problem dude. Trolls are what we don't tolerate and you don't fit into that category.

Even Chief fans have to have a thick skin to last here. It gets kind of rough. It's the least moderated football board on the internet. It's a helluva lot more interesting especially in the long off season. Gave you some rep. If you are red, everyone will think you are a troll.

BigRedChief 01-20-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

You need to stick to government conspiracy's.

How many sacks did Albert give up last year?

Is Albert a top 5 LT, no. But, he's good enough for us to not waste a out top pick on a LT.

Pay Albert and franchise or pay Bowe a reasonable contract. It's a no brainer.

Crush 01-20-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9334684)
Sign Albert before the draft.

If he's overpaid a little to stay here and help form the best Oline in the NFL then so be it. Thats why you cut Cassel and Jackson. Apparantly you forgot what a top Oline can do for a team. I guess you forgot that we hardly scored any points last season. And yes there were multiple games where our Oline crapped their pants...so yes the Oline can improve and should be a priority.

Says the guy that keeps beating the drum that Tyler Wilson is making it out of the top ten. I'll take my chances with a QB.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-20-2013 09:17 AM

**** no and jeez Como's dumb

splatbass 01-20-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9334696)
No you are not.

Branden Albert has only begun to touch his potential, and his ceiling and Joekel's are much the same.

You are replacing a top 10, possibly top 5 LT with a guy who has the potential to be a top 10, possibly top 5 LT, and you are doing with a guy that is probably going to take 3 years to begin to reach his potential.

The only damn spot you are upgrading with that pick is guard.

First, I want to make it clear I don't want to do this, I just am curious about the franchise tag and am wondering about this. I do not want to draft LT with #1, so don't flame me.

The franchised player gets the average of the top 5 at his position, right? Hypothetically, if we moved Albert to guard first, then used the franchise tag on him would he get the average of the top 5 guards instead of top 5 LTs?

splatbass 01-20-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9334748)
Is Reid always wearing all black to look slimmer?

If he is it isn't working.

BigMeatballDave 01-20-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9334803)

The franchised player gets the average of the top 5 at his position, right? Hypothetically, if we moved Albert to guard first, then used the franchise tag on him would he get the average of the top 5 guards instead of top 5 LTs?

That would be a mess with the NFLPA and would never fly. He's played LT for 5 seasons. He's a LT. Pay him as such and move on.