ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Vegging it for 40 days? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269982)

tooge 02-13-2013 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this guys a vegetarian and really seems to be lacking protein.

Buck 02-13-2013 09:35 AM

luv, I was just joking around with the fad comment. Just teasing you.

I support whatever you decide to do, but if you cut out meat, I recommend finding some other way to replace that protein.

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9399200)
meat has nothing to do with obesity

processed carbs and sugar....and sitting on fat asses all day

It depends. Lean meat doesn't lead to obesity. Processed meats, fatty meats, greasy bacon, etc. - yes.

Buck 02-13-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9399211)
It depends. Lean meat doesn't lead to obesity. Processed meats, fatty meats, greasy bacon, etc. - yes.

Wrong.

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9399209)

I support whatever you decide to do, but if you cut out meat, I recommend finding some other way to replace that protein.

It's not that big of a deal. There are plenty of sources of protein.

rageeumr 02-13-2013 09:38 AM

I try to completely avoid complete avoidance.

A little of everything, and everything in moderation.

I am not a dietitian, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9399215)
Wrong.

Ok, just because Buck says so. :rolleyes:

NewChief 02-13-2013 09:38 AM

My wife is a vegetarian, and I was one for years. As such, we eat a lot of meat free dishes at our house (my goto cookbook is Mark Bittman's How to Eat Everything Vegetarian). Even now, I usually eat meat only a couple of times a week (not counting eggs).

Beans, greens, eggs, nuts, complex grains (like quinoa) are your friends.

Cheese and grains are fine in small portions, but a lot of vegetarians go crazy on the cheese, grains, and bread, which isn't all that healthy.

Also, I'll put my and my wife's general fitness and strength up against 98% of this board (including Buck).

luv 02-13-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9399209)

Obviously. I'm not an idiot. There are plenty of other sources of protein. I have a protein shake with almond milk every morning. I will still eat eggs. Legumes and nuts are also sources.

Buck 02-13-2013 09:39 AM

The biggest misunderstanding in the country is people thinking that eating dietary fat makes you fat or eating dietary cholesterol raises your bad cholesterol levels.

tooge 02-13-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9399189)
How's your strength? Honest question.

better than ever. I work out 5 days a week and do alot of core work with medicine balls. I'm 45 years old, 5'10, and 185 lbs. I've not felt this good since college. I was a "meat, meat, meat" guy for the last 30 years and really bulked up, but didn't have any real usable strength difference from now. I don't know what I bench anymore, if that is what you are asking. I'm sure it's not what it was twenty years ago, but I don't care about that. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but you are wrong that people are not herbivores. People are omnivores, and have been since the beginning of mankind. Some of the earliest diets consisted of fruits, nuts, seeds, and tubers. Most other primates are the same way. We started eating meat when we started being able to catch it/kill it. Again, I'm an avid hunter, and I still enjoy meat once in a while, but I think I'm healthier than I was when I ate meat every day.

Ceej 02-13-2013 09:39 AM

I think you'd be better off cutting out sweets (pop, candy, ice cream, etc.) for forty days.

Assuming you eat all of that stuff.

Mr. Laz 02-13-2013 09:39 AM

they say that your sweat is different when you aren't eating meat.

You can get protein through beans and nuts fairly easily i would think.

limiting processed sugars/carbs are still the key imo

NewChief 02-13-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9399227)
I think you'd be better off cutting out sweets (pop, candy, ice cream, etc.) for forty days.

This. I almost always cut out sweets for my Lenten discipline.

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9399227)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9399228)
they say that your sweat is different when you aren't eating meat.

You can get protein through beans and nuts fairly easily i would think.

limiting processed sugars/carbs are still the key imo

Definitely.