ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Has this economy continued to hurt your wallet, or are you doing just fine? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269415)

El Jefe 01-28-2013 01:35 PM

Has this economy continued to hurt your wallet, or are you doing just fine?

I was thinking about this as I came to work today and was greeted with not a lot of work for a monday. We do work for a lot of different people/businesses and we have seen slow downs in every industry. We usually stay busy year round, but there are times where it's feast or famine that's for sure.

Personally speaking my money is held pretty firmly, we are currently paying off as much debt as possible before we get a house. This economy definitely has impacted me though. I used to reach my bonus almost every week, but now I rarely reach my bonus which sucks, but being employed is enough to keep me content. I know some of you guys in here are in pretty solid industries, but those who are not, does the economy continue to hurt you financially?

El Jefe 01-28-2013 01:35 PM

Even take into account, health care that you may have to pay yourself, and or benefits in general.

allen_kcCard 01-28-2013 01:43 PM

We have been pretty good in the wallet, but now we suddenly really could use a new house (need an extra room in about 6 more months incubation time). The economy/housing market is likely going to come into play trying to sell the current house.

Fat Elvis 01-28-2013 01:44 PM

I work in the non-profit social services sector. It always hurts.

tooge 01-28-2013 01:47 PM

I've been busier than hell (knocks on patients head).

Bump 01-28-2013 01:48 PM

as the prices of everything keep going up, my pay remains the same.

KC native 01-28-2013 01:50 PM

Over/under on being moved to dc

50 posts

And why can this dickwad still start threads?

Predarat 01-28-2013 01:51 PM

Yes it is, plus the damn tax increase is really kicking my ass. Prices go up, paycheck goes down. What fun.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 01:52 PM

Luckily I make enough money at this point that subtle changes don't hurt as bad.

Can't say I was real happy to see the extra amount they're taking out of my check as of January 1 though.

Nightfyre 01-28-2013 01:56 PM

Moving into a new place with the Fiancee is definitely more expensive, especially when there are zero jobs in the local area for her. I have also felt the food price creep eating into my savings capability.

A Salt Weapon 01-28-2013 01:59 PM

Income wise we are doing better than ever, I am fortunate to be in an industry that is fairly recession proof, my wife's income has been hit, but hers is mostly for discretionary spending. However prices everywhere have gone up so our purchasing power is decreasing. We don't live paycheck to paycheck, but savings is not getting built like it should be, and home ownership is looking slim.
This is without any gov't assistance.
Posted via Mobile Device

El Jefe 01-28-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358617)
Luckily I make enough money at this point that subtle changes don't hurt as bad.

Can't say I was real happy to see the extra amount they're taking out of my check as of January 1 though.

Yeah I hear that!

El Jefe 01-28-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9358609)
Over/under on being moved to dc

50 posts

And why can this dickwad still start threads?

Who are you?

Jimmya 01-28-2013 02:16 PM

I own a liquor store and times are pretty tough for most regular people during this "great recession". Crossing my fingers for superbowl week!

DaKCMan AP 01-28-2013 02:17 PM

2% less pay due to FICA + company not doing any merit increases this year (despite the stock being at an all-time high) = major suckage

Thankfully, DaKCMan AP is still an Awesome baller. :D