ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   DV finally admits a mistake (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106307)

dirk digler 12-13-2004 07:49 PM

DV finally admits a mistake

Did any of you watch Primetime when Ed Werder was talking? He said DV told him that he nows realizes he doesn't have the talent/players to run Gun's scheme so either they are going to get new players or adjust the scheme. I hope it's the former.

Mile High Mania 12-13-2004 08:00 PM

So, last year it wasn't the players ... it was the scheme and this year it's not the scheme, but it's the players.

Hmmm ... why not give GRob Gunther's players and then give Gunther GRob's players... oh, wait a second..

Could it be they've realized the players just flat out suck?

Mr. Laz 12-13-2004 08:03 PM

it was both the scheme and the talent level????

in other news ... the Sun is warm

welcome to the 21st century mr. vermeil :cuss: :cuss: :banghead:

dirk digler 12-13-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
So, last year it wasn't the players ... it was the scheme and this year it's not the scheme, but it's the players.

Hmmm ... why not give GRob Gunther's players and then give Gunther GRob's players... oh, wait a second..

Yep. I really hope that they finally figured it out this time of course they should have listened to us in the first place. We are the real experts.

Rausch 12-13-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania

I think that's his way of saying it.

I don't see Gun changing his scheme. I'd sooner keep the scheme, see who works and who doesn't, and make the appropriate cuts/signings/drafts...

Iowanian 12-13-2004 08:07 PM

Regardless.

I don't like Robinson's scheme, and I'm glad he's gone. I give Gunther another year, and without DRASTIC improvement with some offseason personell help..........He goes with the rest of them.

I think this team has 1 more year and gets gutted due to retirement and cuts.

KC Jones 12-13-2004 08:08 PM

It's because Gunther's scheme calls for players who tackle. I think we should just adjust the sheme though to take into account our roster full of slow undersized tweeners who like to grab at guys as they run by with the ball.

ChiefsCountry 12-13-2004 08:40 PM

About f***ing time should have realized this two seasons ago so last year we should have won the freaking Super Bowl.

milkman 12-13-2004 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones
It's because Gunther's scheme calls for players who tackle. I think we should just adjust the sheme though to take into account our roster full of slow undersized tweeners who like to grab at guys as they run by with the ball.

Call it GrabAss D?

Deberg_1990 12-13-2004 08:53 PM

Quote:

I suppose this is why GRob's scheme was slightly more successful here. He basically had all the players play off and let the recievers catch everything underneath. He would let the opposistion march up and down the field all day long and pray that the other team would make a mistake with a turnover. Sometimes it would happen, other times not. The problem is, good teams dont commit turnovers so you cant count on that to win games all the time. You must be able to have plenty of 3 and outs from your defense as well....problem is we dont have the talent to consistantly stop teams on 3 and outs.

dirk digler 12-13-2004 08:55 PM

Well after tonight's embarrasing performance in front of millions of viewers I hope DV and CP come out and apologize for being total ****tards.

BigRedChief 12-14-2004 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
Well after tonight's embarrasing performance in front of millions of viewers I hope DV and CP come out and apologize for being total ****tards.

DV critize the defense? :banghead: they never do anything wrong. :shake:

stanleychief 12-14-2004 12:54 AM

Quote:

So, we should arm them with baseball bats and have them start swinging when the ball is snapped? ROFL

Hammock Parties 12-14-2004 01:00 AM

Gunther's scheme has made the run D better, but it's overexposed our DBs.

J Diddy 12-14-2004 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus
it was both the scheme and the talent level????

in other news ... the Sun is warm

welcome to the 21st century mr. vermeil :cuss: :cuss: :banghead:

When did the sun become warm?
Last I knew it was damn hot.
WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!