ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tickets ×××× Un-Official STH to renew or not to renew thread. ×××× (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221453)

KcKing 01-09-2010 04:24 PM

×××× Un-Official STH to renew or not to renew thread. ××××

Just wondering if those with Season Tickets planned on Renew'ing (Renew'ing?) again this year. Or has the poor play finally become too much? Is there possibly another reason to not renew? Economy/New Baby/Alien Abduction?

I know there are several people that cancelled their accounts a year or two or three ago. Have you seen enough progress this season to think about going back?

I'd make a poll, but that's not an option on Chiefsplanet Mobile. Or possibly not an option because of my n00bidness.

FWIW, I'm a STH (113), plan on renewing, am not a red coater looking for sales leads, am not a broker looking to buy the rights of those that aren't renewing, I'm just always curious as to why people give up or hang on to their seats year after year...
Posted via Mobile Device

|Zach| 01-09-2010 04:25 PM

I think my old man is gonna get a pair again this coming year.

luv 01-09-2010 04:40 PM

Dad's hanging on to his (122).

ziggysocki 01-09-2010 04:47 PM

they offered them to the employees of my company for 390 bucks. I almost entertained it... and probably would if I didnt have to drive 120 miles to get there on gameday. So I guess that isn't what you are asking, but it kinda fits in the discussion.

keg in kc 01-09-2010 04:51 PM

I'm not a STH and don't plan to be one anytime soon (money's too tight) but my guess is that for people who can afford it it will depend on what moves they make this offseason and how expensive the "new!" Arrowhead is going to be.

Wyndex 01-09-2010 05:25 PM

Soon as I get grounded financially and get a house etc I plan on becoming a season ticket holder, hopefully there isn't a wait. I'm 21 and I'm a huge Chiefs fan but I've only been to 3 games..1 of those being preseason :-/

luv 01-09-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggysocki (Post 6427739)
they offered them to the employees of my company for 390 bucks. I almost entertained it... and probably would if I didnt have to drive 120 miles to get there on gameday. So I guess that isn't what you are asking, but it kinda fits in the discussion.

We have a caravan that goes up every game day. We'll be taking an RV next year. You'd be welcome to join us, but we leave at 4:30AM.

HonestChieffan 01-09-2010 06:21 PM

Turning two over to a buddy and turning two over to my son to do with as he pleases. Im done. Lots of good fun, great times. Price too high, they ruined the tailgate experince, and the costs in stadium too much.

Sandyskc 01-09-2010 06:27 PM

I'm keeping mine.
BTW, Red Coaters don't gain anything from ticket sales anymore. They have removed that from the requirements.

ChiefsCountry 01-09-2010 06:44 PM

I am keeping mine. I about canceled last year but they took my money the day before they traded for the POS Cassel. Lucky for the Chiefs.

Renegade 01-09-2010 06:58 PM

I was on the wait list for 10 years. Finally got them and have worked my way down to LL. That is too hard to give up. The only non-exciting part of next will be the home schedule, as there isn't any MUST see games except for the Donks.

Bill Lundberg 01-09-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 6428343)
I was on the wait list for 10 years. Finally got them and have worked my way down to LL. That is too hard to give up. The only non-exciting part of next will be the home schedule, as there isn't any MUST see games except for the Donks.

heh, I got them for the first time last year and didn't have to wait to move down. 14 rows up in the endzone. There were plenty of empty seats all around us.

luv 01-09-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 6428148)
Turning two over to a buddy and turning two over to my son to do with as he pleases. Im done. Lots of good fun, great times. Price too high, they ruined the tailgate experince, and the costs in stadium too much.

How did they ruin the tailgate experience?

Old Dog 01-09-2010 08:55 PM

I haven't decided yet. It may depend on what they decide to do with ticket prices.

HonestChieffan 01-10-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6428470)
How did they ruin the tailgate experience?

In the lot I have always parked in the didstance behingd cars to the next row was resized about 6 feet narrower this year and the spaces were made the industry smallest allowed. Then they imposed a bunch of stupid rules on the lot parking volunteers making it very unfriendly for serious tailgaters.