ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The CB's are gonna be something feirce for a while (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197967)

blueballs 12-07-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5278235)
I do believe a "Gun Bus-Chuck" WILL be forthcoming.

Herm seen what Gailey did for the O
I wonder if Gailey was Carl's call
he waited too long to force out K-Rob

chiefzilla1501 12-07-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 5278239)

I would be shocked if it was Carl's call. How many times in 20 years has he hired outside of his personal network of butt buddies? This was the first time in a very long time that Peterson conducted an open interview process for a head coach or a coordinator position.

That gives me at least some hope that he's not entirely running the show anymore. I can't help but wonder who was involved in this decision. I'm pretty sure Gailey was Herm's call. If you look at Gailey's traditional offensive philosophy, it's usually been to have a 3,200 yard passer and a 1,000+ yard rusher. It's just a really good thing that he changed his mind for us!

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-08-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 5278239)

Not sure, but it WOULD make sense that particular call would be Carl's. Now I know that Carr was Herm's call, but I'm almost CERTAIN that Flowers was a Carl and Cook "poke and prod" that Herm had to take a back seat to.

If it were up to me, I'd can the WHOLE D-staff minus our Corner Guy( whose name escapes me ).

blueballs 12-08-2008 12:02 AM

I have more faith in Carl making the right call than Herm
and that's just mother****ing scary man
mother****ing scary

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-08-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 5278252)
I have more faith in Carl making the right call than Herm
and that's just mother****ing scary man
mother****ing scary

ROFL

Yes. Yes it is.

Micjones 12-08-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 5276414)
quite a few people around here owe Leggett an apology

I'll be the first in line.
I suggested he be cut a few weeks back.

I'm sorry Mr. Leggett. You've played like a man the last three weeks and have played your way into a future with this team.

pr_capone 12-08-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 5276414)
quite a few people around here owe Leggett an apology

I'll step up and say that I owe the guy an apology.

He may actually be the real deal and I could not possibly be happier that I was wrong. :D

Fish 12-08-2008 10:24 AM

I'm really losing confidence in Brandon Carr. He had a really shitty game. Granted he was covering Marshall, but he continues to struggle with all areas of the game. His tackling is lousy. He's making the same mistakes he was making in preseason.

Leggett > Carr right now and they should switch roles and make Carr the nickel....

The Franchise 12-08-2008 10:47 AM

Damn......I know it's never going to happen but if we could grab Suggs and Vilma in FA and draft Mays.......I'd be the happiest guy on draft day ever.

HemiEd 12-08-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 5277270)
Well at least Herm did something right....

I have to hand it to him on these guys, they are fun to watch.

ModSocks 12-08-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 5278670)
I'm really losing confidence in Brandon Carr. He had a really shitty game. Granted he was covering Marshall, but he continues to struggle with all areas of the game. His tackling is lousy. He's making the same mistakes he was making in preseason.

Leggett > Carr right now and they should switch roles and make Carr the nickel....

Yeah, i have yet to see what the hype is on Carr. I see that he's always around the ball, but that's it. What ive mainly noticed about him is that he takes poor angles and doesn't seem to have great ball skills. Brandon Flowers, he has great ball skills

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-08-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus (Post 5278771)
Yeah, i have yet to see what the hype is on Carr. I see that he's always around the ball, but that's it. What ive mainly noticed about him is that he takes poor angles and doesn't seem to have great ball skills. Brandon Flowers, he has great ball skills

His specialty is supposed to be coverage on deep pass situations, but I can't remember ever watching him cover one.

CoMoChief 12-08-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffery (Post 5275819)
WOW.....Leggit just jumped that route so perfectly.....no longer will i have to hear about champ and dre as the best tandem, but Carr, Flowers, and leggetmay be best 3some ive ever seen

DAL and WAS have better secondaries than we do.

Keep in mind that our secondary consists of players with at the most 3 yrs playing exp.

SAUTO 12-08-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5278802)
DAL and WAS have better secondaries than we do.

Keep in mind that our secondary consists of players with at the most 3 yrs playing exp.

doesnt wash have like 4-5 1st RDers in their defensive BF though?