ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Pouting in San Diego (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213066)

Molitoth 09-02-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6025254)
I don't care about LJ. If Tomlinson is only a top 20 RB of all time, that's pretty disappointing, considering how he started.

Gayle Sayers still made the HOF.

Hammock Parties 09-02-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6025234)
Pretty funny man.

For the vast knowledge of football you supposedly have, this is completely idiotic.

You are extremely biased. LT is on his last legs. Anyone can see that.

Brock 09-02-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 6025261)
Gayle Sayers still made the HOF.

And?

milkman 09-02-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6025303)

LJ in his best days couldn't carry Tomlinson's jockstrap in his best days.

They are both on the decline, and I'd still take Tomlinson over LJ every ****ing day.

Hammock Parties 09-02-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6025313)

I actually agree with this.

Buck 09-02-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6025303)

Hate to break it to you, but Larry Johnson is less than 5 months younger than LT. LJ was beat to the ground at Penn State, and he was for a couple years in KC.

If you want to talk wear and tear, they are equal for both guys.

Not to mention the Chiefs Offensive Line isn't going to do shit for LJ. At least the Chargers O-Line can keep Tomlinson somewhat protected.

Hammock Parties 09-02-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6025333)
Hate to break it to you, but Larry Johnson is less than 5 months younger than LT. LJ was beat to the ground at Penn State, and he was for a couple years in KC.

If you want to talk wear and tear, they are equal for both guys.

You know that is not true. Not even close.

You are really flying off the handle here. You have a man crush on LT and hate the fact he is going the way of the Dodo.

SPROLES IN 09!

Buck 09-02-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6025341)
You know that is not true. Not even close.

You are really flying off the handle here. You have a man crush on LT and hate the fact he is going the way of the Dodo.

SPROLES IN 09!

LOL, I am the one who has a man crush?

How can you even dispute the fact that LJ has been run into the ground?

You are the biggest LJ apologist on this board, if not the entire internet.

CoMoChief 09-02-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6025235)
This is a stupid argument to even get involved in, but what the hell, I've gotten into enough stupid arguments, so what's one more.

If Tomlinson got 8 more carries, it isn't unreasonable to think he could potentially break off an 18 yard run in one of those.

Or you could take one carry for 18 yards away from LJ, and his numbers would be 19 carries for 51 yards, just barely 2.5 ypc.

But we are talking about preseason and minimal carries.

So, like I say, it's a stupid ****ing argument.

It isn't unreasonable. But just making assumptions on what you think he may possibly break one out doesn't explain the rate LT was going at.

"Well he was rushing for only under 3 ypc, but hey he's LT which means he's automatically due to bust one out for a huge gain if given 8 more carries."

I could easily say he gets 8 more carries and gets stuffed on almost every run, bringing his average down even lower. Same principle.

Hammock Parties 09-02-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6025349)
LOL, I am the one who has a man crush?

How can you even dispute the fact that LJ has been run into the ground?

I have a man crush too, but LT has been run into the ground a lot more. This is undisputed fact. LJ had one heavy carry season and that was it.

Even Chargers fans know LT is done:

Quote:

This is really a big question for me, since LT does not look to me like the LT of old (yet). He had a couple of holes Sat night, and was arm tackled for short gains. Even Michael Bennett has looked better so far (running against 2's). There seems to be a gap between the talk of how good LT looks, and his performance on the field so far. I want him to be the LT we all know.

CoMoChief 09-02-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6025313)

They are both on the decline, and I'd still take Tomlinson over LJ every ****ing day.

Not true, Tomlinson is a giant pussy.

Buck 09-02-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6025358)
I have a man crush too, but LT has been run into the ground a lot more. This is undisputed fact. LJ had one heavy carry season and that was it.

Even Chargers fans know LT is done:

Really? You are trying to convince me by posting the opinion of one Chargers fan from somewhere on the internet? You didn't even post a link to where you got that from? I'm sure wherever you found it, the ratio is at least 5:1 saying that LT has still got it.

Brock 09-02-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6025373)
Really? You are trying to convince me by posting the opinion of one Chargers fan from somewhere on the internet? You didn't even post a link to where you got that from? I'm sure wherever you found it, the ratio is at least 5:1 saying that LT has still got it.

And I'm sure they've thought that over the past couple of years too, and he still ends up not being there when the team really needs him.

Hammock Parties 09-02-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6025373)
Really? You are trying to convince me by posting the opinion of one Chargers fan from somewhere on the internet?

One is all I need.

Buck 09-02-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6025402)
One is all I need.

What makes that guy more qualified than me? Are you going to post a link or what?