ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Pouting in San Diego (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213066)

Hammock Parties 09-02-2009 09:32 AM

I'm not trying to convince you, Buck.

I'm sure you will be convinced about two months from now when Sproles is your team's leading rusher.

Hammock Parties 09-02-2009 09:34 AM

Observe as Chargers fans prepare for the inevitable:

Quote:

We did franchise tag him one year, but we couldn't afford two " six million dollar " men per year on long term contracts. Sproles takes that franchise role this year and depending on how LT holds up, next year we may let Sproles go FA.

However Rivers is locked up now and that gives us the chance to spend the #1 next year on LT's replacement if required. Interesting year at RB for sure

Buck 09-02-2009 09:34 AM

You are off your rocker.

I guess we'll see. This year I'm not going to go easy on your sig.

Buck 09-02-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6025419)
Observe as Chargers fans prepare for the inevitable:

Are you stupid?

"Franchise Role" doesn't mean hes our Franchise RB. He got Franchise tagged. You are unbelievable.

Hammock Parties 09-02-2009 09:36 AM

This is gonna be fun. :)

milkman 09-02-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6025355)
It isn't unreasonable. But just making assumptions on what you think he may possibly break one out doesn't explain the rate LT was going at.

"Well he was rushing for only under 3 ypc, but hey he's LT which means he's automatically due to bust one out for a huge gain if given 8 more carries."

I could easily say he gets 8 more carries and gets stuffed on almost every run, bringing his average down even lower. Same principle.

I'm not saying that because he's Tomlinson that he will break off an 18 yard run.

I'm saying it's not unreasonable to think it's possible.
Your scenario is also not unreasonable.

LJ was averaging just about the same as Tomlinson until he got that 18 yard run, which was about his 15th or 16th carry this preseaosn.

But, again, it's a stupid ****ing argument, because 20 carries and 12 carries, respectively, is simply a ridulous sample size to measure with.

milkman 09-02-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6025360)
Not true, Tomlinson is a giant pussy.

And you're a giant ****ing dumbass.

notorious 09-02-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6025333)
LJ was beat to the ground at Penn State, and he was for a couple years in KC.

If you want to talk wear and tear, they are equal for both guys.

Whoa, LJ barely touched the field until his last year at Penn State, and even then he didn't carry the ball that much, he just had a record breaking ypc. At KC he rode the bench in his diaper for a few years, then broke out in 05'. Herm then tried to kill him in 07', which probably added 3 years onto his body.

To say they have the same mileage is crazy though.

notorious 09-02-2009 10:00 AM

LT knows how to block, so that automatically makes him a much better back then LJ.

Buck 09-02-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6025527)
Whoa, LJ barely touched the field until his last year at Penn State, and even then he didn't carry the ball that much, he just had a record breaking ypc. At KC he rode the bench in his diaper for a few years, then broke out in 05'. Herm then tried to kill him in 07', which probably added 3 years onto his body.

To say they have the same mileage is crazy though.

Ok, you are right about the Penn State thing. For some reason I thought he was used more in College. I went to a Penn State bar every saturday his senior year, so I had a lot of exposure to him that year.

CoMoChief 09-02-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6025449)
And you're a giant ****ing dumbass.

Go away and play with your bottle now you little crybaby

notorious 09-02-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6025551)
Ok, you are right about the Penn State thing. For some reason I thought he was used more in College. I went to a Penn State bar every saturday his senior year, so I had a lot of exposure to him that year.

I found it amazing that he broke the ypc record that year. He must have had an amazing offensive line in front of him.

I got to watch LT play against Tulsa back in 00'. I could tell he was going to be special, and once he got to the NFL LT was lucky enough to get a coach that knew how to utilize him.

milkman 09-02-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6025573)
Go away and play with your bottle now you little crybaby

Who's crying?

I'm just pointing out that you are stupid mother****er, displaying my strong grasp of the obvious.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-02-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6025341)
You know that is not true. Not even close.

You are really flying off the handle here. You have a man crush on LT and hate the fact he is going the way of the Dodo.

SPROLES IN 09!

Oh my GOD the irony! ROFL

Bane 09-02-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6025629)
Oh my GOD the irony! ROFL

Man Crush!!!! Holy hell!!!
Posted via Mobile Device