ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Baltimore Flight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268590)

chop 01-07-2013 12:34 PM

Baltimore Flight

I was in Baltimore on a business trip the past few days. While waiting on my return flight home, in walks Trent Green. I struck up a conversation with him thinking he would give me the standard how are you doing but leave me alone type of communication. I was surprised that he seemed to welcome the conversation. We talked about several things like coaching, the draft, Pioli, Andy Reid, Herm Edwards, John Dorsey, etc… At the end of the conversation I told him that my son was going to be excited that I got to talk to him because he is a fan. Trent asked me his name and volunteered an autographed football card. He is definitely the anti-Larry Johnson. Very nice guy. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Smed1065 01-07-2013 12:35 PM

Nice.

Dayze 01-07-2013 12:36 PM

yeah; I waited in line with him once at a Chipotle in town. he was really nice, carried on a conversation the entire time; and even said "Good chatting with you" on the way out as he passed my table.

good dude it appears.

ChiefsCountry 01-07-2013 12:36 PM

Yep Trent Green is one of the nicest pro athletes you will ever meet.

The Franchise 01-07-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop (Post 9292075)
I was in Baltimore on a business trip the past few days. While waiting on my return flight home, in walks Trent Green. I struck up a conversation with him thinking he would give me the standard how are you doing but leave me alone type of communication. I was surprised that he seemed to welcome the conversation. We talked about several things like coaching, the draft, 'Team-killer' Pioli, Andy Reid, Herm Edwards, John Dorsey, etc… At the end of the conversation I told him that my son was going to be excited that I got to talk to him because he is a fan. Trent asked me his name and volunteered an autographed football card. He is definitely the anti-Larry Johnson. Very nice guy. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

He offered to mail you an autographed card or he had one on him?

Deberg_1990 01-07-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop (Post 9292075)
We talked about several things like coaching, the draft, 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' Pioli, Andy Reid, Herm Edwards, John Dorsey, etc…

Nice, but could you expand on what he said about these guys?

Cannibal 01-07-2013 12:36 PM

What was his opinion on Pioli firing and the Reid hiring?

Don't particularly care about the star****ing. I just want to know what his opinions were :)

Hammock Parties 01-07-2013 12:37 PM

He's so gosh darn cute, too. And great abs.

FlaChief58 01-07-2013 12:37 PM

Very nice :thumb:

bevischief 01-07-2013 12:37 PM

Nice.

chop 01-07-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9292089)
He offered to mail you an autographed card or he had one on him?

He had a card on him that he signed to my son.

Strongside 01-07-2013 12:38 PM

Yeah, but did he save a family from a burning house?

Rain Man 01-07-2013 12:39 PM

I was aghast when we made the trade for him, but I was wrong. He was a real bright spot for this team.

RealSNR 01-07-2013 12:40 PM

I took my nephew up to River Falls one year (he was 11 or 12 at the time). The practices got a bit boring for him at times, but we had fun trying to get autographs from all the players. The coolest moment was when most of the fans had gone to lunch, but we stuck around and ate sandwiches. Lamar Hunt actually walked up to US, and chatted for awhile. Ten minutes later Trent Green came riding by on a bike, GOT OFF and introduced himself to us and the other few fans that had stuck around. Got pictures and autographs from both Lamar and Trent.

Dayze 01-07-2013 12:44 PM

awesome. I wish more pro-athletes acted this way. I'm sure there are a lot of them, but still.
I think the really nice ones are the ones who know the fans are what make this thing called the NFL tick.