ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Gordon Ramsay decides he can't help a restaurant (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272965)

kcxiv 05-13-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9677969)
I ****ing hate Gordon Ramsey and his schtick. Someone needs to put that prick in his place. Why do ppl watch these cooking and rrestaurant shows...they are terrible. Only reason I watch them is my GF puts that garbage on

Gordon is awesome, he treats people fairly well unless they **** up then he's like an old schoool football coach! if you do something right, he will praise it no doubt about it. He just is very ****ing blunt and thats a good thing.

kcxiv 05-13-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9678065)
I watch both the British and American version of this show. I always laugh when a struggling restaurant calls him for help and they question his knowledge after he tells them how ignorant they are.

Yeah, dude has so many Michelin stars, many 5 star restaurants, and then they question if he knows food? lol Gordon can ****ing cook anything. Dudes a beast in the food business, He's the Joe Montana/Tom Brady of that world.

Lzen 05-13-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 9677988)
If you have seen some of his British shows..I think 1 called "the F Word" he is actually very passionate about cooking and goes to peoples homes and shows them how to cook and stuff.

Yea he plays it up a bit on Hells Kitchen, but I guess I would get pissed too if Sous Chefs can't make a freaking Risotto or send up burnt or raw food to the pass thinking it is edible to the public.

2 words.

Frozen ravioli.

:doh!:

Edit: Or was that canned ravioli? Either way, kind of BS to lie to your customers like that.

Lzen 05-13-2013 09:01 AM

Never have seen this show before now. I can see how the guy might seem like a jack a$$. Still, those owners need to listen to him. That woman can't seem to see that she can't take criticism. She never has ever done anything wrong in her mind. That is pathetic. That was definitely entertaining, though. :thumb:

Dragonocho 05-13-2013 09:09 AM

Shame this woman has gone this long in life this much in denial. How you could spend more than an hour in her company never mind MARRY her is beyond me. Ramsay is a genius. Normally he can work through the barriers people put up. He absolutely knows the business.

Lzen 05-13-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonocho (Post 9678415)
Shame this woman has gone this long in life this much in denial. How you could spend more than an hour in her company never mind MARRY her is beyond me. Ramsay is a genius. Normally he can work through the barriers people put up. He absolutely knows the business.

The husband apparently is just as much of a douche. Watch ep. 1 of this show. OMG!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G6LY7TJ16pg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BWillie 05-13-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9678170)
Gordon is awesome, he treats people fairly well unless they **** up then he's like an old schoool football coach! if you do something right, he will praise it no doubt about it. He just is very ****ing blunt and thats a good thing.

I disagree, it's not a good thing. Obviously it's for a TV thing, because if you treat ppl like that in real life there is no way they will respect you let alone work for you.

jd1020 05-13-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9678431)
I disagree, it's not a good thing. Obviously it's for a TV thing, because if you treat ppl like that in real life there is no way they will respect you let alone work for you.

I'm sure Ramsay has a real problem with people not respecting him or working for him...

The Franchise 05-13-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Should he have the right to act like a complete ass? No. But he's there for one purpose.....to help them out. Shit....the people usually end up with a bunch of free shit. So they could act a little differently. It's the same thing with Bar Rescue. The guy is a huge dick....but these people come out with a BUNCH of high end free shit.

jd1020 05-13-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9678462)
Should he have the right to act like a complete ass? No. But he's there for one purpose.....to help them out. Shit....the people usually end up with a bunch of free shit. So they could act a little differently. It's the same thing with Bar Rescue. The guy is a huge dick....but these people come out with a BUNCH of high end free shit.

Seriously.

If I had a failing restaurant and reached out to Ramsay I would be like... These our my ears, they are yours, and here are the keys to my restaurant, change w/e the **** you want.

Brock 05-13-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Yeah sure. Ramsey probably has a lot of trouble keeping his employees respect. Idiot.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-13-2013 10:27 AM

Good lord, that bitch crazy.

J Diddy 05-13-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9678462)

I think if I had to work with the Bar Rescue guy for 10 minutes I'd shoot him in the face. Everything about him, from his looks to the way he talks, is unbearable.

NewChief 05-13-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9678560)
I think if I had to work with the Bar Rescue guy for 10 minutes I'd shoot him in the face. Everything about him, from his looks to the way he talks, is unbearable.

Yeah. Though I know he knows how to make money, he completely discounts the intangibles in a bar such as the "feel" of a place and the personality of the owner.

An especially egregious one was when he rebranded The Brixton in Austin. The next week, the owners changed it back to the Brixton and are super successful. They were actually pretty successful to begin with, despite the way the show made it look.

I cringe, though, when he unfurls his concept. "Yes. I know you're a bar for fans of heavy metal. But you know what's big right now? Lazer tag and put put golf. We really think you need to redo your concept and become a family friendly entertainment center... with, you know, a heavy metal feel to keep it real."

DrRyan 05-13-2013 11:04 AM

I have never heard of this place but being so close it might be fun to get a rise out of these insufferable self proclaimed savants. They are perfect for each other.