ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Employer Question (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114393)

Hoover 04-18-2005 12:44 PM

Employer Question

If you worked at a small business. And your boss just bought a new house, and instead of working at the office, he made you help him move. Would you be pissed or happy to be out of the office?

Please note: This is not packing or unpacking, this is just moving boxes and other stiff.

Just seeing what I can get away with... :D

penguinz 04-18-2005 12:45 PM

pissed....unless there is an unlimited supply of food and alcohol involved with it.

Brock 04-18-2005 12:46 PM

I'd have to say not only "no", but "Hell, no".

HemiEd 04-18-2005 12:47 PM

Not a good idea IMO. :(

Hoover 04-18-2005 12:47 PM

Hmmmm, what if I gave them the option? Work at the office or help move. Moving will have good eats and cold beer.

badgirl 04-18-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
If you worked at a small business. And your boss just bought a new house, and instead of working at the office, he made you help him move. Would you be pissed or happy to be out of the office?

Please note: This is not packing or unpacking, this is just moving boxes and other stiff.

Just seeing what I can get away with... :D

well what would I be getting paid? The same as if you were in the office?
If so I would just be glad to be out of the office.

el borracho 04-18-2005 12:48 PM

Depends on the relationship. Do I actually know and like this person or are they just "the boss?"

ChiefsCountry 04-18-2005 12:48 PM

He is your boss, he is paying your check. If he says go eat shit you better eat it.

Hoover 04-18-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
Not a good idea IMO. :(

I thought it would be like having class out side or something. Looks like I will have to con the family now.

cadmonkey 04-18-2005 12:49 PM

I'd be pissed. I hate moving shit any ways, and if it was boss telling me to do it I'd tell him to get fucked.

Brock 04-18-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
He is your boss, he is paying your check. If he says go eat shit you better eat it.

That's not a job I would be interested in.

Stinger 04-18-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
Hmmmm, what if I gave them the option? Work at the office or help move. Moving will have good eats and cold beer.

To me that is different you are not telling them that it is required to their job. They have a choice in the matter, which is probably the biggest issue for them.

Iowanian 04-18-2005 12:50 PM

Hoover........

How would that Boss Respond, if say, one of the employees, hired to do office work, "strained" their back backing boxes?

that said.....I worked in a small office after college, and on a couple of occasions the bossed asked me to do things, at my regular pay rate out of the office..........things like helping his friend sheet and roof his house, Locate his Septic and Laterals with GPS, Pleasure his wife.........the basics.

I did most of those things as I'd take being outside on a nice day, any day over the office...........but you need to make it a choice. choices with Fringe benefits are nice.

Hoover 04-18-2005 12:50 PM

I own the joint. I am moving. I'm a little slow on work for people, so I thought I would have them help me move. I have 8 employees

the Talking Can 04-18-2005 12:50 PM

If my boss told me to move shit out of his house I'd tell him ^%$* my #$%, you *&&^$!@(&#@....