ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

Ming the Merciless 09-04-2023 10:58 PM

I've got kids that age

I've also had a brief run in with cancer..although my surgery was easy compared to hers

I can't even imagine the stress & worry

one of my sons has had an emergency surgery and just that was scary...

I'm saying some extra prayers tonight. damn.

Rasputin 09-04-2023 11:09 PM

My biological dad died from a brain tumor when I was in 6th grade.

Please God take care of that little girl and Alex Smith family.

MMXcalibur 09-04-2023 11:14 PM

This really was upsetting to hear.
Prayers to Alex, his family, and most importantly: that poor girl.

threebag 09-04-2023 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 17086536)
Remember, that piece of shit Clay was happy when Smith was injured, I bet he's doing cartwheels over this.

Yeah, he’s a piece of shit

Prayers to the Smith family. Alex is a world class dude

Hammock Parties 09-04-2023 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 17086536)
Remember, that piece of shit Clay was happy when Smith was injured, I bet he's doing cartwheels over this.

I'm sorry, am I required to send hopes and prayers every time something bad happens to Alex Smith?

Are you posting "get well soon" threads for every child in the world who has a brain tumor? Or just those who are the offspring of famous athletes who have access to world-class medical care and millions of dollars most children won't?

If not, I suggest you kindly keep my name out of your mouth, and instead of trying to make this about me, focus on the child. Of course, you haven't done that at all. Because you're the actual piece of shit in this thread.

Have a nice day.

threebag 09-05-2023 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17086731)
I'm sorry, am I required to send hopes and prayers every time something bad happens to Alex Smith?

Are you posting "get well soon" threads for every child in the world who has a brain tumor? Or just those who are the offspring of famous athletes who have access to world-class medical care and millions of dollars most children won't?

If not, I suggest you kindly keep my name out of your mouth, and instead of trying to make this about me, focus on the child. Of course, you haven't done that at all. Because you're the actual piece of shit in this thread.

Have a nice day.

Cucko the :o)

tk13 09-05-2023 09:36 AM

I know we do a lot of megathreads now but it's really weird that this news got buried in this thread. It's a completely different topic and you'd have no idea, you'd just think it was more bickering about Alex Smith.

FloridaMan88 09-05-2023 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 17087001)
I know we do a lot of megathreads now but it's really weird that this news got buried in this thread. It's a completely different topic and you'd have no idea, you'd just think it was more bickering about Alex Smith.

Agreed... make a new thread... especially considering the topic.

Eleazar 09-05-2023 09:52 AM

Why is this information buried in a mega thread from a decade ago? Megathreads suck

NinerDoug 11-22-2023 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17086196)
This is terrible. Prayers to the Smith's

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...f14fe8c2&ei=11

Former NFL quarterback Alex Smith is being tested like never before, and that's saying something considering what he's been through in recent years.

Smith's daughter has a brain tumor. Alex's wife, Elizabeth, noticed their seven-year-old daughter, Sloane, slurring her words and not using her right arm one night in 2022. They rushed her to the hospital that night, and Sloane was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Sloane has been undergoing treatment since. And, frankly, the family is preparing for the worst while trying to remain optimistic.

“It’s different when it’s your little girl and you’re helpless with how terrifying that is," Smith told the New York Times.

One of the girls at the office has daughter who is now four. When she was three, she started losing her balance and having trouble walking. Turned out to be a brain tumor. They operated, got it all, and she's fine now.

Hope Alex's daughter has the same outcome.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-22-2023 12:44 PM

Any updates on this?

TLO 11-22-2023 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9444713)
TJ Carpenter‏@TJCarpenterWHB

Also, effectively means unless KC drafts Geno Smith 1.1 he will not be a Chief. Same for Barkley, Glennon, Nassib, Wilson, Bray.

Thank God for this..