ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto What Multitool do you recommend? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270588)

A Salt Weapon 03-01-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9455475)
So do you send them in for a replacement when they take a dump on you?

I haven't yet, figured I'd just build up a dozen and send them in at once. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

A Salt Weapon 03-01-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9455551)
Why would someone use a multi tool for 5-6 hours everyday?
Posted via Mobile Device

Convenience,
Not an office worker here. I work with tools all day. A lot of the times it's faster to grab the leatherman off my belt than to grab another (albeit probably more effective) tool out of my toolbox.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-01-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9455862)
Convenience,
Not an office worker here. I work with tools all day. A lot of the times it's faster to grab the leatherman off my belt than to grab another (albeit probably more effective) tool out of my toolbox.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I use tools all day long too.

I'm a big "use the right tool for the job" guy. Someone bought me a leatherman a couple years ago and it's still in my drawerin the box.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck 03-01-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9455954)

I'm a big "use the right tool for the job" guy. Someone bought me a leatherman a couple years ago and it's still in my drawerin the box.
Posted via Mobile Device

Some guys have a shit load of tools. Some don't.

SAUTO 03-01-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9455959)
Some guys have a shit load of tools. Some don't.

I get that. I only questioned why someone would use one that much. 5-6 hours a day of hard use. That's a lot lol. But it's all about what you are comfortable with.

I'm one of those guys that has a shit ton of tools.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445 03-01-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9455954)

Posted via Mobile Device

I've spent a lot of my life using the wrong tools. Using the right tools is most definitely where I want to be.

However most of the time I need tools I'm not around the shop or even a decent toolbox, so I still spend a lot of my time trying to make something work.

NewChief 03-01-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9455551)
Why would someone use a multi tool for 5-6 hours everyday?
Posted via Mobile Device

No doubt. If that's the case for me, I'm wearing a tool belt with "multi"ple tools in it. That being said, I'm thinking construction job site not an office environment.

chief52 03-01-2013 11:10 PM

I wear my Leatherman Wave daily. Use it at work a lot. Electric Lineman. There is always the right tool back at the truck, but if it is a quick job the Leatherman can save you a trip. Be lost without it. I have had mine for at least ten years. I liked it so much I bought 2 more and have them in the box. Did that in case they quit making them or got cheap. Hear maybe the got cheap. One selling point is the blades are on the outside of the tool. You do not need to open it up to whip out your knife blades.

Big Wave fan.