ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

BossChief 02-27-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9446154)
Can't wait until they sign him to a 10-year $300M extension. Nothing would surprise me with this organization.

He gave Vick 100 million.

That's what I'm preparing for.

100 million.

BigRedChief 02-27-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9446118)
Not clear yet, but right now anything is too much.

Alex Smith played fantastic, Super Bowl winning level football in 2011-12 and came back the next year and repeated that performance until hurt.

Why did he suck before that? Was it all Harbaugh coaching? Can he repeat the top level performance here?

It's not my choice. I think it sucks and a bad move but I'm just a fan and not arrogant enough to think I have more football knowledge that Reid/Dorsey.

Evidently Reid/Dorsey thinks its the right move. I hope for our sakes they are right.

Ace Gunner 02-27-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9446168)
They need to trade down...regardless on value for the pick.

Trade down to 20 and get whatever you can.

Some REAL team will want to move up for Geno.

but the talent level from 15 to one is just not enough to move up this year. I don't think they will be able to trade out unless maybe a three way where two teams give them picks.

I still think they'll grab Geno, too.

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9446180)
I really don't give a rat's ass what they do next.

Alex Smith is not leading this team to a SB, so any and all other moves they make is just an exercise in futility.

So it's just like any other year...

bowener 02-27-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9445861)
All originating members of SoC need to defect and form Sell our Chiefs. And I'm not joking.

I'm on board.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-27-2013 01:57 PM

From Walter:

Chiefs acquire QB Alex Smith from 49ers for 2nd-round and conditional mid-rounder

Jim Harbaugh is a genius. Alex Smith was considered to be a candidate for release when Harbaugh took over as head coach of the 49ers. However, Harbaugh claimed that he was a fan of Smith's when the Utah product entered the league. Harbaugh then coached him up and turned him into a solid starter. It was obvious though that Smith would never lead the 49ers to a Super Bowl because of his limitations. That's why Harbaugh made the obvious choice to go with Colin Kaepernick.

Well, it was obvious to everyone except the Chiefs. This is an absolutely terrible trade for them. Smith, without Harbaugh, is a pedestrian signal-caller at best. He'll regress without Harbaugh, just as Matt Cassel did when he lost Charlie Weis. Andy Reid has been good with quarterbacks, but he's no Harbaugh.

It's true that Kansas City didn't have many other options at quarterback, but Smith is just a short-term stop gap until Andy Reid acquires a legitimate franchise quarterback. With that in mind, why didn't the Chiefs just pursue Matt Moore in free agency? He's just as good as Smith and would have been much cheaper. More importantly, he wouldn't have cost Kansas City a valuable second-round draft pick.

Based on PFCentral's report, I gave the Chiefs a C when it was speculated they gave up a third-rounder for Smith. But a second this year and a mid-rounder next year? What a joke. Again Harbaugh deserves all of the credit for duping a team into thinking that Smith is a solid starter. He's not. Andy Reid must have lost his mind. The Chiefs will continue to struggle for a long time.

Meanwhile, the 49ers now have 15 draft picks, including Nos. 31 and 34. They obviously can't keep all 15 because that's too many rookies. They're obviously plotting some sort of trade. The two strongest possibilities are for Percy Harvin and Darrelle Revis. Both would fill the 49ers' second- and third-greatest needs (see 49ers team needs here.) They may also want to move up for someone like Sheldon Richardson or Sharrif Floyd, should either fall into the bottom half of the top 10.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9446188)
Alex Smith played fantastic, Super Bowl winning level football in 2011-12 and came back the next year and repeated that performance until hurt.

Why did he suck before that? Was it all Harbaugh coaching? Can he repeat the top level performance here?

It's not my choice. I think it sucks and a bad move but I'm just a fan and not arrogant enough to think I have more football knowledge that Reid/Dorsey.

Evidently Reid/Dorsey thinks its the right move. I hope for our sakes they are right.

In 2011-12 he had 61% comp%, 17TD, 5INT, 3000yds. Serviceable. Not great.

In 2012-13 his comp% was better at 70% but his 16 game projected stats were 2800yds, 23TD, 9INT.

That's not good enough in a QB driven league.

RyFo18 02-27-2013 02:00 PM

Herm just said on ESPN that the city of Kansas City is having a parade.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

DeezNutz 02-27-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9444892)
Adam Schefter
Chiefs will trade second-round pick this year - the top pick in second round - as well as another conditional mid-round pick in 2014.

****. Me.

What a terrible ****ing trade. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

BigRedChief 02-27-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9446193)
From Walter:

Chiefs acquire QB Alex Smith from 49ers for 2nd-round and conditional mid-rounder

Withholding outrage until we "really" know and or its "official" what exactly the Chiefs gave up and why Reid and Dorsey did this move.

Red Brooklyn 02-27-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9446116)
This move, which has been rumored for weeks now, if not months, should come as no surprise.

Dorsey and Reid have repeatedly stated that there were absolutely no guarantees they'd draft a QB with the #1 overall pick in 2013 and Dorsey mentioned earlier this week that it was "Up for grabs. Come and get it".

Yet, many people chose to live in denial, claiming it was a "smokescreen" or some other type of "strategy".

Alex Smith is a Chief. Done deal. Now, let's see what they do next...

Again, I was prepared for Alex Smith. It's the cost that I have a problem with. You're right that we don't know for sure what that cost was.

But if the reports of two 2nd rounders end up being true, I have a real problem with that.

Is Smith an upgrade over Cassel? I think so, yes. Is he "the guy?" I don't think so, no.

We'll see what happens in the draft, but right now, I'm disappointed in this "trade" and those sitting at the big kid table.

BigChiefFan 02-27-2013 02:03 PM

This franchise can eat shit. ****ing morons.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9446180)
I really don't give a rat's ass what they do next.

Alex Smith is not leading this team to a SB, so any and all other moves they make is just an exercise in futility.

Yep.

BigRedChief 02-27-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9446219)
In 2011-12 he had 61% comp%, 17TD, 5INT, 3100yds. Serviceable. Not great.

In 2012-13 his comp% was better at 70% but his 16 game projected stats were 2800yds, 21TD, 8INT.

That's not good enough in a QB driven league.

I watched some of his games. He looked a lot better than the stats. They were a blocked punt away from going to the Super Bowl. Thats closer than we have got in 20+ years.

JFC, I'm not in favor of this trade or a fan of Smith.

Red Brooklyn 02-27-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9446238)
Withholding outrage until we "really" know and or its "official" what exactly the Chiefs gave up and why Reid and Dorsey did this move.

Smart.

I'm trying not to overreact. Trying not to lose it, or flip out. But on the surface, based on what we think we know right now, it's disappointing.

But I'm reserving final judgement until after the draft.

I'll still watch Chiefs football next season. Absolutely. I just may keep my wallet on blackout.