ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Johnny Manziel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272788)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-05-2013 07:55 AM

I was once a doubter too. I wanted Jameil Showers (on his way to UTEP) to start. It's true, he doesn't have the strongest arm. But the more you watch him, the more you understand that he will be just fine at any level. He can't make miracle throws off of his back foot, but when he steps into a throw or even making a throw on the run, he has fine arm strength. He has a good release, his ball placement skills are elite, great footwork, intagibles, etc. There are reports that he gained an inch in height and is at 205, but not sure I buy it.

If you think the hype will get to his head, I have my doubts. People said the same thing before the OU game. He looked his confident and competitive self in the Spring game. Even if he is a bit of a partying douche, he's saying all the right things publicly and I believe he understands the business.

As for the prediction that Manziel will take a step back, I can't see how. The O-line will be just as good, and the Running backs get better with Brandon Williams becoming eligible and Trey Williams having a year under his belt. They lose Swope but he still has his favorite target in Mike Evans. They have adequate guys returning in Hicks, Kennedy, LeKendrick Williams and Derel Walker. They also have some real potential guys in Ed Pope, Jaquay Williams, Ricky-Seals Jones, Quiv Gonzalez, Kyrion Parker, Sebastian Larue and Cam Clear. Just take a look at those guys' offer lists to understand their potential.

The defense is a big question mark, no doubt. I can see them losing a couple because of the D. They will be young. We'll see.

Deberg_1990 05-05-2013 07:56 AM

Hog Farmer trolling?

threebag 05-05-2013 07:59 AM

I think he hit the boar sauce for breakfast.

Deberg_1990 05-05-2013 08:05 AM

I'm convinced now that some team will reach and overdraft him. I mean, even Tebow was a 1st rounder.

Dunerdr 05-05-2013 08:06 AM

I dont know much about this johnny foosball but i had to stop reading because they said hes the qb that will lead his team to superbowls. That means hes not kc bound.

AussieChiefsFan 05-05-2013 08:07 AM

Yeah another bottom five season would be awesome.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 05-05-2013 08:17 AM

Who's the D-linemen in that draft class?

cockeyes 05-05-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9658536)
I'm convinced now that some team will reach and overdraft him. I mean, even Tebow was a 1st rounder.

Players with what is seen as a high level of athletic talent, not all of which has been tapped, are always overdrafted. It's like the girl who settles for a dysfunctional guy thinking she can change him. "If he could just improve his footwork" "If he could just learn to read defenses" "if we could just fix his throwing motion".

Maybe it's just me, but can anyone remember someone who had problems like these that suddenly changed in the pros?

Some players like Matt Ryan seem to grow naturally, becoming stronger at their strengths and wiser through experience. But players like Cam Newton don't suddenly become mature, Tebow has yet to improve his accuracy, Cassel never developed pocket presence, accuracy, or anything else...

I think we as fans believe QBs can change but they don't change very much. It seems like they are what they are an the best you can get is an experienced version of what they are today.

Maybe it's just me.

Wasn't (name your favorite great QB) basically what he was when he was drafted, only younger?

Talent and intangibles are sometimes overlooked but measurables never are. Guys with measurables and question marks elsewhere get overdrafted. The guys who are the opposite don't.

TribalElder 05-05-2013 08:21 AM

Johnny football is nothing without joekel

lol

Cannibal 05-05-2013 08:25 AM

Hoping to go 0-16 to get anyone is not my idea of building a consistently winning franchise.

AussieChiefsFan 05-05-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9658576)
Hoping to go 0-16 to get anyone is not my idea of building a consistently winning franchise.

^

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-05-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9658576)

Well then let me rephrase. I hope we go 18-0, win the superbowl and draft Johnny Manziel

Lots of negativity in this thread which I expected. That's OK. It is what it is.

And Johnny Manziel is the only freshman to ever win the Heisman.

Reaper16 05-05-2013 09:25 AM

The Tebow talk doesn't make sense to me. Tebow has a stronger arm, but Manziel is a more accurate, instinctive passer. His best attribute is his ability to throw downfield with accuracy on the run. His work against Alabama is ****ing impressive.

I think he's going to be a turnover machine in the NFL, though. He'll have to mature as a passer.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-05-2013 09:28 AM

Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel don't even compare ! I hate it when people try to even bring Tebow into the equation. Tebow sucks.

Simplicity 05-05-2013 09:28 AM

Manziel is a bundle of sticks. Too short, too weak, too much of a bitch... Bust.