ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Starting fresh with Doctors (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270807)

Mr. Laz 03-06-2013 01:31 PM

Starting fresh with Doctors

I think there are some medical profession types on this board.

Is there a way to go to a Doctor and not have them use previous test results and diagnostics information? You go to a doctor and they just pull out tests etc from previous doctors and use their results.

When you fill out the forms at the first doctor's visit if you just leave all the previous Hospital and Doctor information blank will it force them to do the work themselves?

loochy 03-06-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9470695)
I think there are some medical profession types on this board.

Is there a way to go to a Doctor and not have them use previous test results and diagnostics information? You go to a doctor and they just pull out tests etc from previous doctors and use their results.

When you fill out the forms at the first doctor's visit if you just leave all the previous Hospital and Doctor information blank will it force them to do the work themselves?

Yes

it'll cost you more though

just don't release your old info

Rasputin 03-06-2013 01:33 PM

I think you would have to sign a consent form for them to retrieve any records from hospitals or doctors.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-06-2013 01:33 PM

My Dad was a veternarian , he didn't need a previous history to make a diagnosis. He could cut a hog open , pull out 5 different organs and tell you why it died.

Mr. Laz 03-06-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9470697)
Yes

it'll cost you more though

just don't release your old info

so refuse to sign the 'release section' or just give no information like there were no previous visitations.

I rather not refuse to sign release because then they will immediately start asking why.

Nothing bad ... just want fresh diagnosis instead of lazy one.

loochy 03-06-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9470709)
so refuse to sign the 'release section' or just give no information like there were no previous visitations.

I rather not refuse to sign release because then they will immediately start asking why.

Nothing bad ... just want fresh diagnosis instead of lazy one.

it's not their business why

also, just don't let them know you had a previous doctor

they should be happy to redo all the tests and so forth since they can make more money

Mr. Laz 03-06-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9470711)
it's not their business why

also, just don't let them know you had a previous doctor

they should be happy to redo all the tests and so forth since they can make more money

Hard to tell whether previous doctor didn't know or just didn't give a shit.

planetdoc 03-06-2013 01:47 PM

Physicians like to have a complete history when trying to formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan. Usually a health provider will want to get their own diagnostic tests (imaging, blood work, etc) because things could be different from when you had it done previously or there could be error involved (either in the test or interpretation).

It is also important to know what has been ordered recently because there may be limits placed by your insurance company (re-imbursement). Finally, health providers become suspicous of patients who may be "doctor shopping" for medications to abuse such as narcotics when they refuse to provide past medical hx (among other things).

TL;DR It will be easier on both of you if you are honest with your healthcare provider upfront about your concerns and history.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-06-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 9470736)
Physicians like to have a complete history when trying to formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan. Usually a health provider will want to get their own diagnostic tests (imaging, blood work, etc) because things could be different from when you had it done previously or there could be error involved (either in the test or interpretation).

It is also important to know what has been ordered recently because there may be limits placed by your insurance company (re-imbursement). Finally, health providers become suspicous of patients who may be "doctor shopping" for medications to abuse such as narcotics when they refuse to provide past medical hx (among other things).

TL;DR It will be easier on both of you if you are honest with your healthcare provider upfront about your concerns and history.

Bad advice ! Find a doctor who's willing to do an autopsy right off the bat and go for it !

Mr. Laz 03-06-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 9470736)

yea, because honesty with doctors has worked so well so far. ROFL

Chazno 03-06-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9470702)
My Dad was a veternarian , he didn't need a previous history to make a diagnosis. He could cut a hog open , pull out 5 different organs and tell you why it died.

Sir, your pig died because I took out all its organs. That will be $200.

Bootlegged 03-06-2013 02:16 PM

Just tell them your goal is to have your penis lopped off and a pair of tits added. I'm sure they will approve once they get to know you.

Rausch 03-06-2013 02:18 PM

There's no way in hell a new Doc would give me the combination of sedatives and hallucinogens I'm on now...

patteeu 03-06-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9470795)
yea, because honesty with doctors has worked so well so far. ROFL

What are you trying to hide?

bevischief 03-06-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9470839)
There's no way in hell a new Doc would give me the combination of sedatives and hallucinogens I'm on now...

This explains a lot...:D