ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs will have major competition for a new HC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=128086)

dirk digler 11-03-2005 09:38 PM

Chiefs will have major competition for a new HC

The Chiefs are going to have to battle alot of teams this year to get a quality head coach. I now wish DV would have left last year.
It is looking like there is a good possibility of 13 teams looking for a head coach after the season.

Gone for sure:

Mike Martz - Rams
Brian Billick - Ravens
Dom Capers - Texans
Norv Turner - Raiders

Very Strong likelyhood

Mike Tice - Vikings
Mike Sherman - Packers
Herm Edwards - Jets
Steve Mariucci - Lions
Mike Mularkey - Bills

Resigned

Dick Vermeil - Chiefs
Jim Haslett - Saints

Then you can expect at least 1-2 teams unexpectedly firing there HC so there will be a definite shortage of quality HC material available for next season.

KCChiefsMan 11-03-2005 10:01 PM

I'd be comfortable with Herm Edwards or Brian Billick, I would probably prefer some fresh blood, someone who hasn't been a head coach. I don't know what kind of college coaches would be available and would fit in the NFL....we'll have to wait it out and see what the King does this offseason

dirk digler 11-03-2005 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I'd be comfortable with Herm Edwards or Brian Billick, I would probably prefer some fresh blood, someone who hasn't been a head coach. I don't know what kind of college coaches would be available and would fit in the NFL....we'll have to wait it out and see what the King does this offseason

Right now I have no favorite but I know CP has a big one for Herm.

OldTownChief 11-03-2005 10:06 PM

I'm just ready to end this DV nightmare and get on with it. Begin the rebuilding process already. By the sound of his last 2 press conferences, I think he is too. The guy is walking dead dragging our team down with him.

dirk digler 11-03-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTownChief
I'm just ready to end this DV nightmare and get on with it. Begin the rebuilding process already. By the sound of his last 2 press conferences, I think he is too. The guy is walking dead dragging our team down with him.

I agree. He is just too soft to be a HC.

HolmeZz 11-03-2005 10:17 PM

Mularkey's not going anywhere IMO.

Kylo Ren 11-03-2005 10:17 PM

Looking at that list, I'd be glad for Al Saunders to take over.

ceebz 11-03-2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
Gone for sure:

Mike Martz - Rams - Agree
Brian Billick - Ravens (Who was the last coach to win a Super Bowl, and then subsequently, get fired? Landry?)
Dom Capers - Texans - Agree
Norv Turner - Raiders - I think Davis gives him one more year

Very Strong likelyhood

Mike Tice - Vikings - Gone for sure
Mike Sherman - Packers - Sticks around
Herm Edwards - Jets - In Red & Gold next year
Steve Mariucci - Lions - Sticks around
Mike Mularkey - Bills - Sticks around

Resigned

Dick Vermeil - Chiefs - Finally!
Jim Haslett - Saints - About time

Then you can expect at least 1-2 teams unexpectedly firing there HC so there will be a definite shortage of quality HC material available for next season.

dirk digler 11-03-2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan
Looking at that list, I'd be glad for Al Saunders to take over.

No way.

I fully expect CP to hire a veteran NFL Head coach and Al's 2 yrs in San Diego 20+ yrs ago doesn't count.

nychief 11-03-2005 10:22 PM

Mularkey is safe and I believe Billick, despite this season, is safe. Herm is only gone if HE decides to walk away - he is Terry Bradway's guy, and Bradway is going no where.

Regardless, I think the chiefs job is pretty high profile and appealing - we should be okay.

philfree 11-03-2005 10:23 PM

So if we get a HC who runs a different offense then we currently do how will that affect Trent Green? I think this is the only offense he's been in since he entered the league. What ever happens I hope we keep running this style of offense.

PhilFree:arrow:

dirk digler 11-03-2005 10:25 PM

You could also possibly throw Marty in there as a possilibity to getting canned. From what I hear, him and the GM don't get along and if they don't make the playoffs they may send him on his way out of town.

nychief 11-03-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
You could also possibly throw Marty in there as a possilibity to getting canned. From what I hear, him and the GM don't get along and if they don't make the playoffs they may send him on his way out of town.

my god, could you imagine him back in KC..... :deevee:

dirk digler 11-03-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief
Mularkey is safe and I believe Billick, despite this season, is safe. Herm is only gone if HE decides to walk away - he is Terry Bradway's guy, and Bradway is going no where.

Regardless, I think the chiefs job is pretty high profile and appealing - we should be okay.

Billick may have saved his job on Monday night even though they didn't win they played good especially without Ray and Ed Reed and without any type of a real NFL QB. As I said it he would be in the strong likelyhood but not a certain firing.

dirk digler 11-03-2005 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief
my god, could you imagine him back in KC..... :deevee:

Marty and Gun together again. Just like old times. ROFL