ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc AM Sports Radio Stations (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269724)

suds79 02-06-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9382007)
It's just hard to listen to stupidity, I just pop on some toons instead of the dumpster fires. ;)

Sure. I definitely mix in more music during the off-season.

GloryDayz 02-06-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9381958)
If you want entertainment then 610 may be the way to go, for information 810 is much better. The morning time slot may be close, but the rest of the day 810 blows 610 away.

This may be tomorrow's experiment. I'm not tied to either of the to sports stations, and I even have KMBZ in there to listen to also. Hell, I even have the other one that sports ESPN yapping...

It was just a fun question to answer. I'm pretty sure that the period of time I drive in each day is indeed wrought with commercials (no surprise advertisers want a rush-hour crowd to hear their ads!), so it's just the price I pay for drive at pretty-much the same time each day.

Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy Christmas in February and try satellite radio! I'm sure there's a "Girls of the fax machine" station I can listen to there...

Imon Yourside 02-06-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9382011)
This may be tomorrow's experiment. I'm not tied to either of the to sports stations, and I even have KMBZ in there to listen to also. Hell, I even have the other one that sports ESPN yapping...

It was just a fun question to answer. I'm pretty sure that the period of time I drive in each day is indeed wrought with commercials (no surprise advertisers want a rush-hour crowd to hear their ads!), so it's just the price I pay for drive at pretty-much the same time each day.

Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy Christmas in February and try satellite radio! I'm sure there's a "Girls of the fax machine" station I can listen to there...

LMAO ya, I'm to the point where I can't listen to the commercials either. I keep some Phil Hendrie podcasts on hand for just such an occasion.

GloryDayz 02-06-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9382005)
Yep. This is the primary reason why I listen to 610 and not 810.

Back on the topic of actually talking sports. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I mean what is there to talk about right now? College basketball r or Royals couldn't put me to asleep faste. I like the NBA but around here nobody cares.

At this point I'm only partly listening for draft talk. Outside of that? Yeah bring on the light hearted talk about Cdot's date with Kelly Jones, etc..

It's no different from the vast majority of threads on here during the off-season.

This... Maybe I'm just menstraiting this same time every year. Maybe it's just College basketball (and being a Missouri resident)...

Imon Yourside 02-06-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9382016)
This... Maybe I'm just menstraiting this same time every year. Maybe it's just College basketball (and being a Missouri resident)...

Welp, I'm a KU fan :D So that might be another reason I enjoy the discussion on 810.

Messier 02-06-2013 10:08 AM

I usually only listen to 810, mainly because the hosts are all local guys, that have deep rooting interest in local sports. Sure, they get off topic a lot, and spend way too much time talking about sports not many people care about, but I know they all have followed and rooted for the local teams.

610 seems full of fresh out of broadcast school guys, who feel the need to fill the show with topic segments, like, " Hey callers, call in and tell us your top five Super Bowl moments!" " Where does this latest one rank? Give us you're list of the three best Super Bowls!"
I just hate that kind of, killing time radio.

KC_Lee 02-06-2013 10:12 AM

Come to Nashville. Up until recently most of the sports talk was dreadful. You think Bill Maas sucks, listen to Frank Wycheck for 5 min. and you'll want to drive nails into your ears.

GloryDayz 02-06-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9382014)
LMAO ya, I'm to the point where I can't listen to the commercials either. I keep some Phil Hendrie podcasts on hand for just such an occasion.

That's AWESOME!!! I at least need a radio that has an Aux port or bluetooth to get to that level!