ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *** The Official 2012 Chiefs Planet Celebrity Death Pool*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254714)

patteeu 01-10-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8283658)
No sweat, I'd like everyones picks in by next week at the latest. I just know someoned going to bite it and there will be some huge lopsided point variations.
Meh, what can you do?

BTW, I'm going to go ahead and go with an expansion draft after the 3/1 deadline then again at the 1/2 year mark.
3 picks in March for everyone then another 2 on 6/15. That'll be a nice addition I think. Now then, if there's a contingent of people that oppose this at that time, we'll reconsider so make your 1st 10 choices count people!
Posted via Mobile Device

This is your contest and you're supplying the prizes so I guess you can do what you want, but IMO you should really set the rules before the deadline for getting the first round of picks in and then we should all live by them for the duration of the game. I think it's a bad idea to suggest that we can hash out the rules at some distant point in the future after the game has already begun and points have already started to roll in. Obviously, the people in the lead are going to oppose changes that make it easier for others to catch them and equally obviously, the people behind will want the opposite.

Don't worry about whether we like your rules. Stand tall and tell us how it will be whether we all like it or not.

Gonzo 01-10-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8284057)
This is your contest and you're supplying the prizes so I guess you can do what you want, but IMO you should really set the rules before the deadline for getting the first round of picks in and then we should all live by them for the duration of the game. I think it's a bad idea to suggest that we can hash out the rules at some distant point in the future after the game has already begun and points have already started to roll in. Obviously, the people in the lead are going to oppose changes that make it easier for others to catch them and equally obviously, the people behind will want the opposite.

Don't worry about whether we like your rules. Stand tall and tell us how it will be whether we all like it or not.

Yeah, I know... I just want the game to have a shit ton of action and I see that a lot of other pools run with anywhere from 13-15 and sometimes 20 picks. I tell you what, though... If someone is way ahead, I can see us having a problem come june. We'll just go with what we have here for now and if no one's dying, we'll hold a supplemental in june or something. Maybe earlier if 0 points are scored.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo 01-11-2012 09:46 AM

Ok, I have an update to do. I will try to get that done today. I received the new spreadsheet from digger, (thank's dude!)

Moving forward, try to get your lists in when you can. I know this is a bit of a work in progress but I think things are going well thus far.

Gonzo 01-11-2012 09:48 AM

I just started going over the spreadsheet...

Holy shit, digger put in a lot of work. everyone do me a favor and rep the shit outta him for his work. I wish there was a way to post this on here, anyone have any ideas?

I was just going to screen-cap it but it's way too big to even think about trying that.

Rain Man 01-11-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8282546)
I just used the celebrities' birthdays as the predicted death date because I'm not very imaginative. Unfortunately, I had to throw a couple of good candidates aside because their birthdays were too early in the year to have much chance of hitting on it.

It seems like you should go with the day after their birthday. If they're on their deathbed you'd think that they'd do an adrenaline burst to reach their birthday, and if they're not on their deathbed you'd think that the letdown after their birthday or the gorging on cake would impact their immune or coronary systems.

Now I want to do a statistical analysis to see if the general population is statistically more likely to die the day after their birthday than on their birthday or the day before. If my theory is true, we could start card-counting in celebrity death pools all over the internet.

Rain Man 01-11-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 8283158)
Bump

The CP member? If so, you need to add a date and pick nine other people.

Rain Man 01-11-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8284057)

On that note, we should have a rule that a person doesn't count if a player actually murders them. If I'm 8 points behind in December and Zsa Zsa is still in the that hospital bed, I shouldn't be able to go in there with a pillow and win that Chiefs jacket.

Gonzo 01-11-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8285342)
On that note, we should have a rule that a person doesn't count if a player actually murders them. If I'm 8 points behind in December and Zsa Zsa is still in the that hospital bed, I shouldn't be able to go in there with a pillow and win that Chiefs jacket.

Well, rule 1 kinda covers that but let it be written... If a celebrity is killed via a contestant it doesn't count... *cough* pestilence *cough*
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 01-11-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8285335)
It seems like you should go with the day after their birthday. If they're on their deathbed you'd think that they'd do an adrenaline burst to reach their birthday, and if they're not on their deathbed you'd think that the letdown after their birthday or the gorging on cake would impact their immune or coronary systems.

Now I want to do a statistical analysis to see if the general population is statistically more likely to die the day after their birthday than on their birthday or the day before. If my theory is true, we could start card-counting in celebrity death pools all over the internet.

Outstanding plan.

crazycoffey 01-11-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8285380)
Well, rule 1 kinda covers that but let it be written... If a celebrity is killed via a contestant it doesn't count... *cough* pestilence *cough*
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL
He acts tough but I doubt he could hurt a fly. Well a real fly and maybe flyOTwall the poster, but other than those two exceptions, Pest wouldn't hurt anyone.....

digger 01-11-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8285015)
I just started going over the spreadsheet...

Holy shit, digger put in a lot of work. everyone do me a favor and rep the shit outta him for his work. I wish there was a way to post this on here, anyone have any ideas?

I was just going to screen-cap it but it's way too big to even think about trying that.

Which worksheet did you like the best?

If I can keep this list updated I can update this one as needed. I've started a database.

Gonzo 01-11-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger12291970 (Post 8287140)
Which worksheet did you like the best?

If I can keep this list updated I can update this one as needed. I've started a database.

I liked them both but the one with the contestant names on the left hand column seemed a little easier for me to use. They're both really good, though. We need to post whichever one is easier to see on here. Lumpy is trying to convert it or put it on a file-sharing site as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lumpy 01-12-2012 12:14 AM

I like the spreadsheets too, but there's an issue w/ viewing. It's very difficult to read the info, (text is way too small due to the amount of content). We can still use the spreadsheets to keep track on our end though. Thank you for your help, digger!

Another idea is to place a hyperlink in the OP. I can give Gonzo the hyperlink code to each entry and he can paste it in the OP.

EXAMPLE, (before a death occurs):
<a href="http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8269245&postcount=26 ">Lumpy:
George Michael, Rod Stewart, Willie Nelson, Kirk Douglas, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Mick Jagger, Betty White, Hugh Hefner, Julie Andrews, Bob Dylan</a>

<a href="http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8269337&postcount=37">digger12291970:
Larry King, Betty White, Bob Dylan, Fidel Castro, Ernest Borgnine, Hugh Hefner, Robin Gibb, Paul Mccartney, Henry Kissinger, Zsa Zsa Gabor</a>

EXAMPLE, (after a death occurs): OH NOES... NOT BOB DYLAN!!
<a href="http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8269245&postcount=26 ">Lumpy: 25 Points
George Michael, Rod Stewart, Willie Nelson, Kirk Douglas, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Mick Jagger, Betty White, Hugh Hefner, Julie Andrews, Bob Dylan</a>

<a href="http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8269337&postcount=37">digger12291970: 25 Points
Larry King, Betty White, Bob Dylan, Fidel Castro, Ernest Borgnine, Hugh Hefner, Robin Gibb, Paul Mccartney, Henry Kissinger, Zsa Zsa Gabor</a>

The only problem I see w/ this idea is w/ the private lists. Everyone would need to post their list on the thread when the deadline gets here so that I can create the hyperlink code for Gonzo.

Judges/participants... your thoughts?

digger 01-12-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8287588)
I like the spreadsheets too, but there's an issue w/ viewing. It's very difficult to read the info, (text is way too small due to the amount of content). We can still use the spreadsheets to keep track on our end though. Thank you for your help, digger!

Another idea is to place a hyperlink in the OP. I can give Gonzo the hyperlink code to each entry and he can paste it in the OP.

EXAMPLE, (before a death occurs):
Lumpy:
George Michael, Rod Stewart, Willie Nelson, Kirk Douglas, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Mick Jagger, Betty White, Hugh Hefner, Julie Andrews, Bob Dylan

digger12291970:
Larry King, Betty White, Bob Dylan, Fidel Castro, Ernest Borgnine, Hugh Hefner, Robin Gibb, Paul Mccartney, Henry Kissinger, Zsa Zsa Gabor

EXAMPLE, (after a death occurs): OH NOES... NOT BOB DYLAN!!
Lumpy: 25 Points
George Michael, Rod Stewart, Willie Nelson, Kirk Douglas, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Mick Jagger, Betty White, Hugh Hefner, Julie Andrews, Bob Dylan

digger12291970: 25 Points
Larry King, Betty White, Bob Dylan, Fidel Castro, Ernest Borgnine, Hugh Hefner, Robin Gibb, Paul Mccartney, Henry Kissinger, Zsa Zsa Gabor

The only problem I see w/ this idea is w/ the private lists. Everyone would need to post their list on the thread when the deadline gets here so that I can create the hyperlink code for Gonzo.

Judges/participants... your thoughts?

I like it, more readable that screen shots of worksheets.

Thanks to everyone who sent rep. :thumb:

Rasputin 01-12-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8282544)
If you were more of a celebrity you'd be on my list.

Well, if it were up to me now & I thought about it..

I would have picked your walking stick man. I mean the dude never stops walking. How long can he go? Just walks and walks even when your off line the guy just keeps walking. The guy is a toothpick. Maybe some body else may or should pick him in this death celebrity contest? Other than it's not a celebrity it should be. The walking stick man.