ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jason LaCanfora On Chiefs Future (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266814)

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-19-2012 12:17 PM

Jason LaCanfora On Chiefs Future

Kansas City Chiefs: It's all gone horribly wrong there, there are no signs of life and I cannot imagine a way that Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel are back next season. Owner Clark Hunt looks for hands-on people, as he is not around the team on a daily basis (which could lead to a GM like Bill Polian being the next man there). This team thought it had playoff potential and now it's jostling for the first overall pick. The fan revolt is palpable there, forcing changes.

Possible replacement: The Chiefs need to start over with a new quarterback and I can't help but wonder if Mike Sherman, who has worked closely with them and who has won at this level, gets a chance there. This hasn't been a big-paying job and I have a hard time projecting "A-list" guys there.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...re-on-the-line

Hootie 11-19-2012 12:18 PM

I'll take Polian...at least we know with him we'll get a QB.

Urc Burry 11-19-2012 12:19 PM

Isn't Pioli the highest paid GM in the league?

Hootie 11-19-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 9133401)
Isn't Pioli the highest paid GM in the league?

that's all speculation, but he is probably up there

The Franchise 11-19-2012 12:21 PM

His other matches....

Jaguars - Bill O'Brien
Panthers - Mike McCoy
Chargers - Andy Reid
Browns - Chip Kelly
Eagles - Jay Gruden
Cowboys - Mike Holmgren
Jets - Perry Fewell

mcaj22 11-19-2012 12:24 PM

so Chip Kelly will go to the piece of shit ****ing Browns,

but not us.

The Rick 11-19-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9133409)
His other matches....

Jaguars - Bill O'Brien
Panthers - Mike McCoy
Chargers - Andy Reid
Browns - Chip Kelly
Eagles - Jay Gruden
Cowboys - Mike Holmgren
Jets - Perry Fewell

I'd probably take all of those guys over Sherman.

the Talking Can 11-19-2012 12:24 PM

translation: "no one with any self respect would work for that crap franchise"

The Franchise 11-19-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9133417)

but not us.

Quote:

Chip Kelly is probably leaving college now, he is going to be coveted and this regime won't be concerned about Brandon Weeden -- he's probably not their guy anyway. Haslam won't be afraid to spend, and Kelly brings excitement -- it would be a bold hire. Josh McDaniels could be interesting here as well, depending on some possible front office moves and whether Kelly ends up elsewhere (Philadelphia and Carolina, among others, could be suitors).

Hootie 11-19-2012 12:25 PM

in fact, I'd take anyone...

I mean, I know I know...but we have got to have the worst HC/GM tandem in the history of the NFL. It's that bad.

mcaj22 11-19-2012 12:26 PM

why would the Chiefs not be a suitor for Kelly. He could do whatever he wants here, top pick, no talent, he would have years to add his own players lol

Hootie 11-19-2012 12:27 PM

and I say that tongue in cheek, really...I hope we get the best...but I find myself cheering for pick sixes against the Chiefs because I start the opposing defense every week in fantasy football...it's that pathetic, and that sad.

I root for Charles...and the defense...and a loss. That's about it.

Cephalic Trauma 11-19-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9133417)

but not us.

Seriously, **** that. We can do better than Mike ****ing Sherman. That would be a lateral move. The guy couldn't hack it at Texas A&M, why here?

ncCHIEFfan 11-19-2012 12:31 PM

Guys I don't think I could handle going from worse to not much better! The Chiefs really need to make some good choices on the next hires!

Priest31kc 11-19-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9133397)
Kansas City Chiefs: It's all gone horribly wrong there, there are no signs of life and I cannot imagine a way that Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel are back next season. Owner Clark Hunt looks for hands-on people, as he is not around the team on a daily basis (which could lead to a GM like Bill Polian being the next man there). This team thought it had playoff potential and now it's jostling for the first overall pick. The fan revolt is palpable there, forcing changes.

Possible replacement: The Chiefs need to start over with a new quarterback and I can't help but wonder if Mike Sherman, who has worked closely with them and who has won at this level, gets a chance there. This hasn't been a big-paying job and I have a hard time projecting "A-list" guys there.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...re-on-the-line

I hate Clark Hunt.