ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Planet Hulk as a live action movie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264546)

Tribal Warfare 10-01-2012 10:17 PM

Planet Hulk as a live action movie

Marvel Studios Boss Kevin Feige Teases Planet Hulk Movie

Just from Mark Ruffalo's depiction of the Hulk in last summer's The Avengers, it's clear that the fans have faith in another solo run from Marvel's Meanest, Greenest Giant. Now, it seems that Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige agrees with that sentiment, and recently teased the possibility of rolling the dice a third time with The Avengers' Hulk.

"I don't think there's a lot that we couldn't do someday, as the cinematic universe continues to grow and expand and get as big as the comic book universe," Feige told MTV in a recent interview. "Planet Hulk is a cool story. World War Hulk is a cool story."

Penned by Greg Pak in 2006, Planet Hulk told the story of Hulk getting banished to an alien planet, battling monsters as a gladiator, working his way up in the ranks and planning a vengeance-fueled quest back to Earth.

"I think there's pitfalls of continuity-overload, and mythology getting so dense that it almost collapses in on itself," Feige continued. "It happens every few decades or so in the comics. Apart from that, I'd say everything is on the table. Do I think Hulk can carry a movie and be as entertaining as he was in Avengers? I do believe that. I do believe he absolutely could. We certainly are not even going to attempt that until Avengers 2. So there's a lot of time to think about it."

As for why Ruffalo and Whedon's Hulk clicked so well with audiences, Feige noted that context is everything. "Part of what's fun about the way we played him in Avengers is the ensemble quality of it," he said. "I think the pathos and humor, most importantly, that Mark and Joss brought to it showcased a different element of Hulk that's there in the comics, and was always inherent in his character. But when he was so brooding in his other two films, he didn't get to have that wry sense of humor that Mark did such an amazing job performing."

ThaVirus 10-01-2012 10:30 PM

No way they could pull that off without it seeming too cartoon-y.

It worked well as an animated flick. It be like that sometimes.

Deberg_1990 10-02-2012 07:10 AM

Hulk is better in small doses like he was used in Avengers.

ThaVirus 10-02-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8969773)
Hulk is better in small doses like he was used in Avengers.

Very true. You can really only have him Hulk out on two occasions in a movie. The first time as an accident where he's the bad guy then the second time on purpose where he's the good guy.

If they mean to try more Hulk stand-alone films, they'll need a super strong performance from whoever plays Bruce Banner.

Bump 10-02-2012 11:10 PM

haven't they done Hulk twice? wtf

what I want is like a heroe's type, Marvel tv series only not suck after the first season.

Direckshun 10-02-2012 11:34 PM

I think Ruffalo can do this.

Tribal Warfare 10-02-2012 11:41 PM

The thing I love about this is the possible inclusion of Skaar

whoman69 10-03-2012 01:08 PM

I wish they had been able to keep Edward Norton.

whoman69 10-03-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8969219)
No way they could pull that off without it seeming too cartoon-y.

It worked well as an animated flick. It be like that sometimes.

I have to agree. It can't be all CGI, there has to be some acting. You can't just give us a story without a real plot.

Valiant 10-03-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8973613)
I have to agree. It can't be all CGI, there has to be some acting. You can't just give us a story without a real plot.

It will be hard to pull off as good as the animated movie was..

And I think it would have to be all CGI, Banner would get killed on that planet in human form..

beach tribe 10-04-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8973610)

No way. I love Norton, but Ruffalo IS the hulk now. He absolutely NAILED it.

Rausch 10-04-2012 09:11 PM

Wonderful story. Amazing development in the character as it goes on.

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY IT WORKS AS A MOVIE.

NONE.

And I'm the biggest Hulk pimp on here...

Rausch 10-04-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8973610)

I'll ALWAYS be pissed about this...

Rausch 10-04-2012 09:20 PM

I have no idea why the studio never brings in a guy like Peter David to consult. I understand they don't want him writing the script but he WAS the hulk for almost 12 years.

penguinz 10-05-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8977959)
I'll ALWAYS be pissed about this...

Why? Ruffalo played the character much better.