ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Tyrann Matheu dismissed from LSU (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262240)

the Talking Can 08-17-2012 11:06 AM

it would be cheaper, and easier, for him to simply transfer and dominate at another school, even if he has to drop a level

vailpass 08-17-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8825501)
character

everyone gets drafted...teams pay lip service to caring about that stuff

True. Character questions can drop you from the first round to the second or later though and that is millions of $$ so who knows?

vailpass 08-17-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8825512)
it would be cheaper, and easier, for him to simply transfer and dominate at another school, even if he has to drop a level

Is it certain this isn't what he is going to do? That would make the most sense unless dude just can't handle college anymore or doesn't want to risk an injury.
Saw a report the other day saying verbiage out of LSU seemed to leave the door open for him to return next year.

SAUTO 08-17-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8825217)
I smoked pot every day for 10 years. My wife got pregnant and I had to get a job with benefits and they did random drug tests so I had to quit. It wasn't easy quitting. Not as hard as cigarettes but it wasn't easy...

LOL, weak minded people make me ROFL

Mr. Laz 08-17-2012 11:29 AM

better for him to go into rehab and get his mind right

the Talking Can 08-17-2012 11:34 AM

i don't even know why I'm arguing, just bored

it just seems like more of a hassle to me - to go to rehab - than to just move on and say "I learned my lesson"...

certainly, rehab is not the common option for college players...though I bet many of them could genuinely use it

vailpass 08-17-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8825615)

it just seems like more of a hassle to me - to go to rehab - than to just move on and say "I learned my lesson"...

certainly, rehab is not the common option for college players...though I bet many of them could genuinely use it

Yeah. I mean, rehab for pot? Really? Didn't even know there was such a thing.

DaKCMan AP 08-17-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8825488)
loads of players get in trouble, don't go to rehab, and get drafted...the league only gives a shit about talent...

it doesn't make sense that they're shelling out $10,000 to prove something to league that doesn't require proof...but whatever...

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8825615)

Tell that to Janoris Jenkins. Top 10-15 talent and production that fell to the 2nd round.

Titty Meat 08-17-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8825800)
Tell that to Janoris Jenkins. Top 10-15 talent and production that fell to the 2nd round.

Janoris Jenkins was also a criminal.

Buehler445 08-17-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 8825460)
The eternal question of, "how much blow would you have to do to get kicked off of a Les Miles team" has finally been answered.

Not sure why, but I laughed pretty damn hard at that.

the Talking Can 08-17-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8825800)

tell him what? that he got drafted in spite of his problems

ok...it proves my point, but ok

DaKCMan AP 08-17-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8825879)
tell him what? that he got drafted in spite of his problems

ok...it proves my point, but ok

No, the point is the $10,000 (your figure) in rehab costs pale in comparison to the amount of money lost by Janoris by falling more than 20 spots in the draft.

Simplicity 08-17-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8825883)
No, the point is the $10,000 (your figure) in rehab costs pale in comparison to the amount of money lost by Janoris by falling more than 20 spots in the draft.

Still trying to figure out how every other sport you are a fan of a Florida team but football is KC. Story behind it?

Ceej 08-17-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8825916)
Still trying to figure out how every other sport you are a fan of a Florida team but football is KC. Story behind it?

Why the **** does it matter?

Completely irrelevant.

Xanathol 08-17-2012 01:22 PM

A few things to know...

1. it was "synthetic" pot and while I have no direct experience with the stuff, I do have a relative who was in a bad car accident when they freaked while on the stuff.

2. Word is, this was #3. LSU policy for athletes states 1st offense is basically nothing, 2nd is "15% of remaining games that season" suspension ( he missed the Auburn game for a rumored positive test last year ), #3 is mandatory 1 year suspension, entry into a program, etc, and #4 is permanently gone.

3. The football program will not comment on if he has a chance to come back in 2013 or not - despite what USA Today et al say ( they are connected to Glenn Guilbeau, a piece of shit in Shreveport who admittedly just wants to stir the pot ).

As for Tyrann himself, while I firmly believe people are responsible for their own actions no matter their upbringing, do realize that his biological mother is ( or was? ) a drug addict, his biological dad is in jail for murder, his grandpa who was raising him passed away when he was 5, and ever since he has been raised by his Aunt & Uncle ( now know as his real parents ) in a rather rough area.

Those things aren't excuses - they are facts. So when I hear he's in a rehab program, I have to believe its legitimate; not just for addiction, but also to get away from a bad crowd that was rumored he still hung out with despite those folks not even being enrolled at LSU.

As for a 'PR move by LSU to get him back on the team'... well, that's just ignorant. Les Miles kicked Ryan Perrilloux off the team, a starting QB who reminded many of Micheal Vick in college. That loss led to LSU's mess at QB with Jefferson and Lee for the years to come. LSU has only ever had one major violation and it was recently when an assistant coach lined up a JuCo guy to get the apartment of a former player ( note - Hicks, who was just drafted this year by the Saints, paid for the apartment himself ) and made too many calls to said player. Hicks never played a snap and was removed from the team before the season even started, the coach was "allowed to find a new job elsewhere", the incident was self reported, and the self imposed sanctions were actually lightened by the NCAA ( 2 schollie loss down to 1 and such ). LSU doesn't mess around.