ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Whitlock is in love with Gabbert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213418)

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-07-2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 6042097)
Somewhere, Nate Davis is crying.

LMAO Truth.

Mr. Kotter 09-07-2009 01:55 AM

As a Jayhawk fan, I have to give Gabbert a tip of the hat....respect, bro. :toast:

Mecca 09-07-2009 02:31 AM

You see some people jump up and down about Gabbert because he is a legit talent at the QB position. When I say that I mean we're talking about a guy that has an NFL future and so far he doesn't look like a bonehead that was always what held back mad praise being laid out for Josh Freeman.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-07-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6042110)
You see some people jump up and down about Gabbert because he is a legit talent at the QB position. When I say that I mean we're talking about a guy that has an NFL future and so far he doesn't look like a bonehead that was always what held back mad praise being laid out for Josh Freeman.

I'm just happy he can see over the line.:D

(That helps you know)

Saul Good 09-07-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 6041313)
Wow the greatest ever after one game.

I would submit that we learned more in one game against Illinois than Kansas will be able to learn in their first five games at home against Northern Colorado, at UTEP, at home against Duke, at home against Southern Miss, and at home against Iowa State.

Just throwing that out there.

Pitt Gorilla 09-08-2009 12:01 AM

Guh, it gets worse.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...y/1429829.html

Missouri’s Gabbert is the new QB love of my life

JASON WHITLOCK COMMENTARY

“Jason, what is this nonsense about you dumping Jeff George for a younger quarterback?” Dr. Brian Anthony Homer asked at the beginning of our weekly therapy session. “It’s completely irresponsible. You don’t walk out on a 30-year relationship for a 19-year-old who has played one game. This is nuts!”

Doc, have you seen Blaine Gabbert? He’s 6 feet 5, 240 pounds. When he throws a pass, I get goosebumps and feel young again. He makes me feel the way Jeff used to, like a state championship, national title or Super Bowl are all possibilities.

“Are you really this stupid, Jason?” asked Dr. B.A. Homer, Kansas City’s leading sports therapist. “You really want to throw away 30 years over a teenager who probably doesn’t even remember your name?”

The truth is, Doc, this isn’t about Jeff. The passion has been gone in our relationship for at least two years. I mean, he hasn’t played in an NFL game since 2001. I’m always going to love Jeff and his right arm, but love is never enough. I’m just a fan. I have needs. I need game action.

“Jeff still wants to play,” B.A. Homer reminded me. “He hasn’t retired. In fact, he put out that workout tape this summer and did a string of radio interviews. You saw Jeff this summer. He’s in terrific shape. He looks 30. He needs you now more than ever. These are his golden years.”

I’m a sports writer at the midpoint of my career. I need something new, fresh and hot.

“We talked about this, Jason,” B.A. Homer said. “Did you get the new expensive sports car like I suggested? And what happened to you settling down with the 20-something divorcee my wife set you up with?”

Wrecked the car. And LaTisha was a wreck.

“You can get new ones,” Dr. Homer pleaded.

It’s football season, Doc. I need a quarterback to love.

“Why not Tom Brady? He’s coming off a knee injury. Why not Donovan McNabb? He’s your favorite NFL player. You told me how proud you are that McNabb took Michael Vick under his wing.”

They don’t make me feel the way Blaine Gabbert did Saturday.

“He’s a kid, Jason! He’s going to make a fool out of you. You think you’re the only sports writer trying to woo this kid? Bryan Burwell and Bernie Miklasz have been chasing Blaine since high school. He grew up in their backyard. Burwell’s been talking this kid up for two years.”

So? Blaine will see that they don’t care about him the way I do.

“Jason, the truth is, you flirt with every young quarterback who bats an eye at you. You watched Brad Smith light up Illinois in 2002 and thought he was the second coming of Michael Vick. Heck, just last year you lost your mind over Todd Reesing and saw him as the next Doug Flutie. Do you remember predicting that Chad May should be in the Heisman race and would have a long NFL career?”

There’s a gigantic difference between harmless flirting and real love.

“Oh, just admit it. You’re easy. Any college quarterback after a 300-yard passing day could have his way with your laptop. You’ll dump Blaine for Reesing or Carson Coffman next week.”

No. This is the real thing. Blaine and I could easily be together for the next 20 years. He has everything I want in a quarterback — big frame, strong arm, sound throwing motion, confidence in and out of the pocket, touch, swagger and he wears No. 11, the same number Jeff wore at Illinois and when he broke into the NFL.

“So that’s all this is, you trying to recapture your youth? It’s not about what’s best for Blaine?”

I am what’s best for Big Blaine.

“That’s ridiculous. He needs a sports writer closer to his own age, someone he can relate to, someone who won’t add to the immense pressure he already feels trying to replace Chase Daniel. I think Gabe DeArmond of PowerMizzou.com would be a perfect match for Blaine. From what I understand, Gabe is the one who told you to compare Blaine to Ben Roethlisberger. And Gabe came up with the nickname Big Blaine.”

Gabe doesn’t have the necessary experience. Grooming Blaine for NFL stardom is a man’s job.

“Oh, you did a fantastic job with Jeff George. Do us a favor and stay away from Blaine Gabbert. Go groom Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow.”

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-08-2009 12:09 AM

ROFLLMAO HOLY SHIT! That was awesome. AWESOME I SAY!

Hammock Parties 09-08-2009 12:15 AM

I love a good BA Homer article. I wonder what Dr. Homer would have to say about my strong man love for LJ?

salame 09-08-2009 12:18 AM

poor juice

POND_OF_RED 09-08-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 6041313)
Wow the greatest ever after one game.

He has played one game and has already recorded a higher passer rating than Reesing ever has. He's not the best ever but I'd say he has proven he has the most talent of all the QB's in the north.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-08-2009 01:04 AM

I love having all eyes away from this team. Don't focus on us, follow your prescribed media darlings. Play your goofy Todd Reesing commercials on 810; we don't exist. We're a shadow. A myth. A rumor.
And you don't know what's coming your way until it's right in your face. And then it's too late.
Let's do this.

lostcause 09-08-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 6040244)
Hearing Whitlock talking about laying eyes on an 11 yr old Jeff George is creepy enough...
Posted via Mobile Device

My first thought as well.