ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop If you dont get this POS server fixed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236416)

Bugeater 11-06-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 7149908)
I'd just like to point out if we were running z/OS we'd never have down time.:p

I'd just like to point out that I have no ****ing clue what you're talking about.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-06-2010 03:48 PM

As soon as you stop having gay sex with girls the server will be fixed. It's all up to you. And no matter how badly you want it to be the case, girls are girls. They aren't guys. So just make the switch officially and stop kidding yourself that you're straight. lol

MTG#10 11-06-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 7149891)
Notice how your name is NOT BOLDED...

That means that you haven't donated any money or contributed to the servers costs at all over these last 10 years. For example, Bane could bitch if he wanted to... but luckily, he is not a bitch like you. He actually helped the situation out.

What I contribute is far more valuable than money.

MTG#10 11-06-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7150030)
As soon as you stop having gay sex with girls the server will be fixed.

Im a guy. Any sex with girls for me is not gay.

DaFace 11-06-2010 04:53 PM

See ya.

Dave Lane 11-06-2010 05:05 PM

Wouldn't wanna be ya...

Buck 11-06-2010 05:22 PM

Wow....post of the year by Teedubya

Donger 11-06-2010 05:23 PM

Would money actually solve the issues? If so, there should be a fund raiser.

Buck 11-06-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7150269)
Would money actually solve the issues? If so, there should be a fund raiser.

Yes.

DaFace said that the current server couldn't handle the load, but in order to upgrade it costs more money per year.

I'm assuming this means if they get a better, more expensive server, then it would work better.

The fundraiser has been suggested, but neither DaFace nor AustinChief have started a thread.

I hope that their humility isn't keeping us from a better working site.

Donger 11-06-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7150277)
DaFace said that the current server couldn't handle the load, but in order to upgrade it costs more money per year.

Sounds like my wife.

Surely we have people here who sell servers and what not, no?

DaFace 11-06-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7150277)
Yes.

I'm assuming this means if they get a better, more expensive server, then it would work better.

The fundraiser has been suggested, but neither DaFace nor AustinChief have started a thread.

I hope that their humility isn't keeping us from a better working site.

Well, kind of. A server upgrade would help, but chances are, that doesn't happen until the end of the season regardless. That would require substantial downtime and is beyond my expertise.

That said, we have NEVER operated in the black for more than a month or two at a time, so I'm sure Kyle would appreciate any help.

Donger 11-06-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7150294)
Well, kind of. A server upgrade would help, but chances are, that doesn't happen until the end of the season regardless. That would require substantial downtime and is beyond my expertise.

That said, we have NEVER operated in the black for more than a month or two at a time, so I'm sure Kyle would appreciate any help.

Server upgrade as in new hardware?

Buck 11-06-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7150294)

Care to talk to him about creating a donation thread? Imagine the shit storm that will happen if the Chiefs make the playoffs and nobody can get on CP.

Donger 11-06-2010 05:32 PM

Oh, and how does one donate?

DaFace 11-06-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7150296)
Server upgrade as in new hardware?

Yup.