ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Can We Measure Alex Smith's Suckitude? Yes, we can! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293743)

Tribal Warfare 08-05-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11640100)
Is there a QB worth a shit next year? Goff looks cool but idk about the rest

Connor Cook/Christian Hackenberg

are the big two

mcaj22 08-05-2015 04:47 PM

we got zero chance at Hackenberg. What a shame. Too good to draft a good QB prospect, too shitty to be a contender. Another offensive lineman/some random defensive player at pick 19 woohoo Chiefs way.

dls6501 08-05-2015 04:59 PM

I didn't read the article, but I disagree with the title of this thread.

I have always argued that Alex Smith's suckitude is VERY difficult to measure. Reason being is, Alex doesn't lose games the conventional way that quarterbacks lose games. Jay Cutler throws 3 interceptions and fumbles in a game. That is very easy to measure his suckitude.

But Alex is different. Alex loses games because of plays he doesn't make. While Cutler loses a game because he throws a backbreaking interception, Alex misses a touchdown pass because he chooses to throw a dump off pass that he deems more safe, and we punt. So while it looks like Alex doesn't do things to make us lose, he does. Its just harder to quantify.

This is the reason Alex still has so many fans. They don't see the plays he misses, because chances are when he misses the gamechanging play, he still completes a pass. Alex's mistakes aren't turnovers, but it can be argued that sometimes they are just as backbreaking.

Mav 08-05-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 11640263)
You read an article like that and reflect...God, we could have drafted EJ Manuel, Geno Smith...or Johnny Manziel. I mean they were just sitting there for the taking. Missing out on them has set this franchise back YEARS...Dorsey sucks.

Manziel wasn't in that draft FTR

bricks 08-05-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11640316)
Please. Cassel got what 15 tds to bowe in one year? Smith is supposedly better?

they misused bowe. Give hime jump routes. Bowe was never speed. Maclin will probably have his worst statistical season unless he gets targeted like gonzo. Smith does not do that though. I picked them to win 8 games.

Bowe wasn't a fit for this offense and so he had to go.

A lot of us knew he wasn't a receiver that was going to thrive in this offense because he simply didn't have the speed and the separation skills which is a must in the west coast offense. I'm happy he is gone.

Maclin will have his worst statistical season? Ah nope. That's not going to happen. While I don't expect him to have numbers like last year; because this offense is about ball distribution and everybody will get the ball, in no way is he going to have his worst season. I think you're over exaggerating quite a bit.

Chiefs ain't winning 8 games. They're going to win 10 or 11 games. This defense is too good for them to be an 8 win team.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 11640358)
This defense is too good for them to be an 8 win team.

No Poe = DEATH

RobBlake 08-05-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11640316)
Please. Cassel got what 15 tds to bowe in one year? Smith is supposedly better?

they misused bowe. Give hime jump routes. Bowe was never speed. Maclin will probably have his worst statistical season unless he gets targeted like gonzo. Smith does not do that though. I picked them to win 8 games.

how many games did you guys win when that was happening? How was Cassel playing smart ball by playing catch up all the time?At least smith's way helps brings wins to the table.

Tribal Warfare 08-05-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11640397)
No Poe = DEATH

till game 6

J Diddy 08-05-2015 05:28 PM

Frozenchief:

Unable to "Let it Go"

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2015 05:43 PM

It's a Connor Cook Empire out there, and we need to enlist.

Sandy Vagina 08-05-2015 05:47 PM

So how about Alex Smith? What does everyone think of him?

BigMeatballDave 08-05-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 11640474)
So how about Alex Smith? What does everyone think of him?

No clue. These threads are rare.

Reerun_KC 08-05-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11640100)
Is there a QB worth a shit next year? Goff looks cool but idk about the rest

According to fatty fanbase there never is. No one is ever sold on a QB in the draft. But a RG? ****tards will beat off in the streets.

notorious 08-05-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11640483)
****tards will beat off in the streets.

I don't need a reason to do this.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2015 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11640061)
Amazing that there's still people who have disdain for Alex Smith. In this league, it can be extremely difficult to find an average QB, let alone one like Smith who has an unheard of turnover ratio. Is he Aaron Rodgers? No, but nobody is. If you rely on an elite running back and a solid defense like the Chiefs do, you really can't ask for much more than what Smith is providing.

Defeatist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11640590)
I don't need a reason to do this.

ROFL