ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Dogs Welcoming Home Soldiers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218015)

Reaper16 11-12-2009 11:23 AM

Dogs Welcoming Home Soldiers

Would have posted this yesterday if I knew about it then. http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/40324

At the link are about a dozen or more youtube embeds of dogs overcome with joy at seeing their masters/best friends come home after a lengthy absence. If you're a dog person these clips might just be tear-jerkers.

One example:
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysKAVyXi0J4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Cannibal 11-12-2009 11:26 AM

That is so awesome.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-12-2009 11:32 AM

I ****ing love dogs.

Demonpenz 11-12-2009 11:34 AM

ever had a hound or beagle? When you come home after you have been away they howl like they are in pain or something LMAO

CoMoChief 11-12-2009 11:35 AM

Thats why you have dogs and not cats.

You come home and cats could give a shit.......But a dog.....dogs know it when you serve your country.

CoMoChief 11-12-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 6255852)
ever had a hound or beagle? When you come home after you have been away they howl like they are in pain or something LMAO

My roomate had a beagle....all it did was howl and it was dumber than shit.

DJ's left nut 11-12-2009 11:36 AM

In fairness, my dogs are only about 1/10th less excited than that when I come in from mowing the lawn.

Dogs are funny critters.

Still good stuff though.

Dayze 11-12-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 6255862)
In fairness, my dogs are only about 1/10th less excited than that when I come in from mowing the lawn.

Dogs are funny critters.

Still good stuff though.

ROFL
Mine too.
they have no concept of time.

kcchuck 11-12-2009 11:38 AM

great stuff!

Reaper16 11-12-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6255855)

You come and cats could give a shit.......But a dog.....dogs know it when you serve your country.

My cat is awesome. She acts like a lot of the dogs in those videos, actually. She jumps up and hugs me and showers me with affection if I've been gone for more than half the day.

Frazod 11-12-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6255855)

You come and cats could give a shit.......But a dog.....dogs know it when you serve your country.

My cat knows what time I'm supposed to get home from work and sits by the door waiting for me. Try again, dipshit.

This moron aside, that was a great video.

Pitt Gorilla 11-12-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 6255862)

Dogs are funny critters.

Still good stuff though.

This. Dogs are simply great animals.

Demonpenz 11-12-2009 12:34 PM

I was talking to my friends the other day how I don't want kids, and they were like that is fine just don't be that person who has like birthdays parties for dogs. I am not going to invite people or anything, but I have to think it is perfectly satifying to give your dog a birthday party because you know they are going to eat the cake, probably the candles (lit) and not bitch about the 2 dollar toy you got them. I remember when I was a kid I bitched about toys my Grandpa (rest in peace) got me, what an asshole kid I was, i got spanked don't worry. Anyways don't have to worry about a young demon slamming his gobot on the ground because he wanted a Transformer for his 15th birthday

T-post Tom 11-12-2009 12:41 PM

Dogs are great, but they'll never pick you up at the airport. :D

ChiefsNWildcats 11-12-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6255859)
My roomate had a beagle....all it did was howl and it was dumber than shit.

We have a beagle that's 6 years old. Easily both the smartest and the dumbest dog I have ever owned. He's so smart because we spent alot of time with him. He's so stupid because...well he's a beagle. haha!

6 years of working hard with him and he still craps on the floor. I can let him outside and he will spend 30 minutes out in the yard, but as soon as he comes in and noone is paying attention he will crap in the house. So I have to actually stand at the door and tell him to crap. It's like he doesn't know that he needs to until I tell him.

Other than that he is a very intelligent dog. It baffles me.

And yep, go to work and come home and he thinks you were gone for years. Especially with my wife. He goes insane when he hears the garage door.