ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   New fullback possibility? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127359)

thebrad84 10-24-2005 10:42 AM

New fullback possibility?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2202151

I was just wondering if the Chiefs would take a look at this guy for a replacement for Robert Holcombe. I would assume the Chiefs were very interested in getting a decent Fullback to help give Tony some breaks here and there, since they signed holcombe over the off season. This article has some nice things to say about his abilities as a blocker/special teams contributor. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take a look at him. Could probably pick him up pretty cheap too. Just wonderin...

htismaqe 10-24-2005 10:48 AM

Evans would be a good fit, IMO.

Mr. Laz 10-24-2005 10:54 AM

i would prefer adding a DT instead

Kclee 10-24-2005 11:04 AM

WWTD?

kc hopeful 10-24-2005 11:05 AM

ESPN: "Viewed as a fullback cut in the new mold for the position, Evans is a solid blocker, has excellent hands and is also a strong special teams contributor."

Sounds good!

thebrad84 10-24-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i would prefer adding a DT instead

I think everyone would certainly agree to that...but there aren't any solid DT's available. I think this Evans guy could be a diamond in the rough though. If we could sign him for the league minimum, and cut someone like ronnie cruz, who is nothing short of a mediocre special teams player, who knows, this guy could come in and make some big catches for us here and there. He looks, at the very least, like a better special teams player than ronnie cruz is...IMO.

StcChief 10-24-2005 11:40 AM

Need to do something before deadline on both DT and FB fronts. If TR goes down look out.

htismaqe 10-24-2005 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebrad84
I think everyone would certainly agree to that...but there aren't any solid DT's available. I think this Evans guy could be a diamond in the rough though. If we could sign him for the league minimum, and cut someone like ronnie cruz, who is nothing short of a mediocre special teams player, who knows, this guy could come in and make some big catches for us here and there. He looks, at the very least, like a better special teams player than ronnie cruz is...IMO.

Good post.

If there were any decent DT's available, I would say sign him first.

Tribal Warfare 10-24-2005 12:06 PM

Kris "Big Foot" Wilson can be a very adequate at the FB spot too. It was his position before he was slotted at TE at Pittsburgh.

jspchief 10-24-2005 12:08 PM

When's the last time KC made a midseason move to improve the team? Kennison?

thebrad84 10-24-2005 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
When's the last time KC made a midseason move to improve the team? Kennison?

Very, very true...something inwhich I don't understand. Also, when was the last time the chiefs coach's made a mid-game move to help improve our chances of winning? I Don't think that has ever happened since Vermeil has been here..

thebrad84 10-24-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Kris "Big Foot" Wilson can be a very adequate at the FB spot too. It was his position before he was slotted at TE at Pittsburgh.

If that's the case, and I wouldn't necessarily dissagree with that statement....then why did the Chiefs sign Robert Holcombe over the offseason. For some reason the Chiefs don't think Kris Wilson is ready to handle the rock either through the air or by handing off...don't really know why either???

Tribal Warfare 10-24-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebrad84
If that's the case, and I wouldn't necessarily dissagree with that statement....then why did the Chiefs sign Robert Holcombe over the offseason.

I believe they were trying to groom him as a TE until his fibula injury occured. Now, It's a mental thing with Wilson, and he should be more of a slashback instead of a pure TE.

Dunit35 10-24-2005 12:46 PM

Evans looks like he'd be allright, but Id keep Cruz and find a DT. Cruz doesnt seem like hes too bad. We need DT help worse.

kc hopeful 10-24-2005 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Good post.

If there were any decent DT's available, I would say sign him first.

The key: decent