ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Detailed KC Star article about John Dorsey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268858)

CaliforniaChief 01-13-2013 09:56 PM

I would assume that when you are choosing best player available, you're also weighting the position they play as a part of the formula you are using to determine your draft board.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-13-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9316175)
Exact opposite. Reid and Dorsey love to build through the draft. It will be Geno, Wilson or Barkley

But will one of those guys be the BPA at #1? If not, in the later rounds will one of them be there? The pressure will be on by the city and the fans with that #1 overall pick. If it isn't a QB at #1, they better be selling some fancy shit or Chiefs fans won't be buying. Dorsey and Reid's honeymoon will be over in KC already. It's been 30 years.

the Talking Can 01-13-2013 09:58 PM

no one drafts pure bpa

and every team makes their own evaluations so bpa is relative, 32 versions of bpa...no one gives a shit what kiper thinks

Line Judge 01-13-2013 10:03 PM

No Vick

“One, are they a good guy? Two, do they work at their craft? Three, do they love football? Four, are they going to be good in the locker room? And five, would you like to have them as your neighbor?”

Thank God. No Vick.

BossChief 01-13-2013 10:05 PM

Guys like Reid and Dorsey know the value of a franchise quarterback more than nearly everyone else on the planet.

They wouldn't have came here unless they think they can win here.

Do the math.

Geno Smith will be the pick. No question.

Rasputin 01-13-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 9316149)
He sound very committed to BPA. I'll be curious to see how that works with our need for a legitimate QB and the #1 position.

I am guessing here with my assumption. IMO he puts value with BPA and position like QB being top value. Even if we have a QB he would draft BPA and if that happens to be a QB so be it. He doesn't look at our needs but what players bring in value to the team. JMO.

DTLB58 01-13-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9316236)
I am guessing here with my assumption. IMO he puts value with BPA and position like QB being top value. Even if we have a QB he would draft BPA and if that happens to be a QB so be it. He doesn't look at our needs but what players bring in value to the team. JMO.

But I can't imagine we resign Albert and they draft the best OT?

DTLB58 01-13-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Detert (Post 9316216)
“One, are they a good guy? Two, do they work at their craft? Three, do they love football? Four, are they going to be good in the locker room? And five, would you like to have them as your neighbor?”

Thank God. No Vick.

Nope. I already said it. No Vick.

Smed1065 01-13-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9316083)
The guy's mantra is best player available. If he doesn't deem Geno Smith the best player available, even though his draft track record with GB is impeccable, this place is going to erupt something fierce.

They will get over it. This is a great hire and even given our recent history-I will give this FO the benefit of the doubt. They actually have a track record.

DTLB58 01-13-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9316175)
Exact opposite. Reid and Dorsey love to build through the draft. It will be Geno, Wilson or Barkley

I'm fine with that. At least we are trying again. It's only been since 1983! About time!

Mother****erJones 01-13-2013 10:28 PM

I trust Reid, Dorsey and their staff. I really think Geno is the BPA for us. We have to get a QB and take a chance on him. I hope he goes to the combine lights it up and has a great interview. I have no doubt in my mind he'll score well on the wonderlic because Geno has a great IQ.

DTLB58 01-13-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9316093)
You will, I will as well, but there's tons that will freak out.

I'll be good with it, I might shake my head at first,but I gotta trust them. What else are we gonna do? They aren't gonna take a poll and ask for our opinion.
And these guys should know more than us.

DTLB58 01-13-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9316114)
Wonder if all of the old retired ex-Chiefs will be welcome around the facilities again... like they should be.

With the kind of personality Dorsey supposedly has, I would think so. Lots of fences need to be mended around KC. Even maybe more so than the fans, ex-Chiefs players would be a good place to start.

Yes, Lynn Stiles talked about that in the audio interview I posted here yesterday.
Old players and front office types would be welcomed back again.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9316202)
no one drafts pure bpa

and every team makes their own evaluations so bpa is relative, 32 versions of bpa...no one gives a shit what kiper thinks

not pure BPA but pure BPA to their system, regardless of depth chart/roster

so their big board is BPA, if the BPA is a guy that might be buried on the draft chart the good teams draft him anyway and groom him. Packers, Ravens do this.

DTLB58 01-13-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9316098)
“His enthusiasm will rub off on everybody. … There’s no arrogance, there’s no ego I think he’s perfect for a franchise like Kansas City, and I think Kansas City needs some of that right now.”

You better believe we need some of that right now. Employees, players, and fans.

I'm not jumping the gun with any potential enthusiasm, but things are really looking up right now.

So Clark went after exact opposite of what he had in a GM before. Bravo! :clap: