ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Winter X Games snowmobiler dies after Colo. crash (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269539)

Demonpenz 01-31-2013 02:53 PM

guess he had a one track mind

TheGuardian 01-31-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9367902)
Could you imagine assault kitties on assault snowmobiles with assault rifles?

We need to build an army of these for our future battles against the soviets in the Siberian winters.

I legit LOL'd.

Rain Man 01-31-2013 03:08 PM

Sometimes stuff like this makes me think that it's not a good idea to do back flips on large pieces of machinery.

It's too bad the guy died, but I watched that clip and that seems like the dumbest and most boring sport on earth. You jump a snowmobile off a ramp and then stand on your seat. Big deal. You jump a ramp and then spin on your seat. Was anybody still watching when he tried the flip?

TheGuardian 01-31-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9368197)
Sometimes stuff like this makes me think that it's not a good idea to do back flips on large pieces of machinery.

It's too bad the guy died, but I watched that clip and that seems like the dumbest and most boring sport on earth. You jump a snowmobile off a ramp and then stand on your seat. Big deal. You jump a ramp and then spin on your seat. Was anybody still watching when he tried the flip?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

How we come up with these "sports" I have no idea. Are we really this bored as a nation?

DJ's left nut 01-31-2013 03:14 PM

This year's X-Games have been a blood bath.

He died. His younger brother separated his pelvis on the same jump and I believe is still in the hospital. Another guy came off his snowmobile in the air, lodged the throttle and rocketed it into the crowd before falling 30 feet to the ground (remarkably, no major injuries). A woman severed her lower lumbar and is partially paralyzed, another guy came off a board and fell about 40 feet down and landed on his dome; carted off the hill unconscious but evidently only a concussion.

It certainly appears that this year has shown us where the line is because this number of injuries appears to be far beyond the pale.

Rain Man 01-31-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9368212)

He died. His younger brother separated his pelvis on the same jump and I believe is still in the hospital. Another guy came off his snowmobile in the air, lodged the throttle and rocketed it into the crowd before falling 30 feet to the ground (remarkably, no major injuries). A woman severed her lower lumbar and is partially paralyzed, another guy came off a board and fell about 40 feet down and landed on his dome; carted off the hill unconscious but evidently only a concussion.

It certainly appears that this year has shown us where the line is because this number of injuries appears to be far beyond the pale.

Since we can't kill Nascar drivers any more and since boxers have to use gloves, I guess this is seeking to fill that niche. It's never been the same since the Romans shut down the Colosseum.

HolyHat 01-31-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Roger Goodell is doing some consulting for the X games next time around, nothing to worry about.

Titty Meat 01-31-2013 03:18 PM

Obamas not sure hed let his kid do the x games

HolyHat 01-31-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9368218)
Obamas not sure hed let his kid do the x games

Harbaugh says "Great, opens the door for my son to do the X Games"

alpha_omega 01-31-2013 03:26 PM

RIP dude.

I was watching last Thursday and i literally jumped up off the couch and yelled out when i saw the accident. Couldn't believe he walked away.

Tragic...RIP.

GloryDayz 01-31-2013 03:30 PM

He needed more PEDs I guess. Where's Ray Lewis when you need him?

And I think global warming played a hand in this too.

Sorry, that was mean... I'll pray for his family and loved ones...

Molitoth 01-31-2013 03:31 PM

Sad. =(
Poor Kid and family.

Easy 6 01-31-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Good Lord, i didnt know about all of that.

It will surely get worse as people continue to push the boundaries.

BlackHelicopters 01-31-2013 04:42 PM

RIP

Jerm 01-31-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9368216)
Since we can't kill Nascar drivers any more and since boxers have to use gloves, I guess this is seeking to fill that niche. It's never been the same since the Romans shut down the Colosseum.

Eric Winston approves.....