ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

DJ's left nut 09-26-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10022154)
I for one am shocked that of the five guys listed there, 3 of them lost.

You have to go back to 2005 and 2002 to find two guys that actually won, but wasn't the most important player on offense.

Thanks for making his point.

So now we're upset if Smith can only get us to the Super Bowl.

Got it.

Well at least our expectations are reasonable.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10022154)
I for one am shocked that of the five guys listed there, 3 of them lost.

You have to go back to 2005 and 2002 to find two guys that actually won, but wasn't the most important player on offense.

Thanks for making his point.

His question was "made a Super Bowl", not won a Super Bowl.

jspchief 09-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10022151)
Apparently if you don't have 1 of about 5 quarterbacks in the league you might as well just give up on the season because you're not going anywhere.

Give up on what? Asking for more from your QB?

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10022147)
You're right but that defense was beasting and the reason they were there AND won the Super Bowl.

Let's hope we don't face a competent defense in the playoffs then.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10022162)
His question was "made a Super Bowl", not won a Super Bowl.

And the goal is to win, correct?

Even so, you came up with 5 guys. Not exactly proving him wrong.

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10022142)
Ben Rothlisberger was garbage in 2005. The Bus and Hines Ward were more important.

Jake Delhomme, Rex Grossman, Brad Johnson and probably Matt Hasslebeck.

not many, one rookie (who turned out to be a hall of famer (rapist)) and a few vets...

i wish we played better odds, but for decades we have been bent on doing it the least likely way...

pray for Charles health

ChiefsCountry 09-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 10022140)

Nice Kapernick completed more deep balls than Alex even attempted.

DJ's left nut 09-26-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10022139)
Everybody points to the Kyle Williams fumble as the thing that lost Smith that game. And yes, it lines up with the importance they place on not turning the ball over. That's definitely a consistency.

But you can't just rely on that. Ball carriers fumble. Bad special teams plays happen. Those are things that a QB can not control, and if your game is predicated upon eliminating those mistakes, you can still wind up in those situations even if you play mistake-free football.

I, personally, would rather just rely on one guy (the QB) to be perfect than rely on the entire team to be perfect. It's easier that way.

Who wouldn't?

I know its your belief that you keep swinging at the QB position until you get your HR, but it's hard for me to look at Geno Smith and say that he's more likely to play a 'perfect' playoff game than Tyler Bray someday. Or even Alex Smith for that matter.

Beef Supreme 09-26-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 10022140)

I didn't say I don't believe he can throw the ball downfield. People in this thread keep saying that Smith hasn't thrown the ball downfield because the receivers are covered and any attempt would result in an interception.

I'm saying, how would we know? He hasn't really tried. I think he CAN throw it downfield, but just doesn't take the risk. They seem to think we would be 1-2 if we ever throw the ball further than 15 yards.

Ace Gunner 09-26-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10022145)
LMAO He took them to 11 wins and when Brady took over he tooks Cassel's NE team to 10 wins the next year.

and he took the HALEY'S to the playoffs!!!!

and lost it almost completely by himself.

Hammock Parties 09-26-2013 02:41 PM

Same as it ever was...

ViperVisor 09-26-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10022168)
Nice Kapernick completed more deep balls than Alex even attempted.

And yet the YPA... nearly identical.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10022159)

Got it.

Hey man, I said in another thread recently that people would bitch if the Chiefs won a Super Bowl:

"Yeah. Whatever. There's NO WAY they win it again next year!".

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10022159)

Got it.

J, he's not going to do that either. He might tag along for a playoff win if the defense goes apeshit and we are lucky enough to face someone like Houston.

We both know it, only one of us is willing to admit it.

Ace Gunner 09-26-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10022139)
Everybody points to the Kyle Williams fumble as the thing that lost Smith that game. And yes, it lines up with the importance they place on not turning the ball over. That's definitely a consistency.

But you can't just rely on that. Ball carriers fumble. Bad special teams plays happen. Those are things that a QB can not control, and if your game is predicated upon eliminating those mistakes, you can still wind up in those situations even if you play mistake-free football.

I, personally, would rather just rely on one guy (the QB) to be perfect than rely on the entire team to be perfect. It's easier that way.

ya, so how's your boy "mr perfect" handling the JETS.