ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How many wins will the Chiefs have? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=4188)

ddpatterson 10-04-2000 05:10 PM

Before the season almost everyone, myself included were picking around 9-7 or worse. I think it would be neat to post your original estimation and compare it to your current one. I honestly don't remember ever posting mine (if someone cut and pasted it feel free to remind me http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif ), but it was along the lines of 9-7. Now I think we have a good chance to go 11-5. Really.

OAKLAND RAIDERS
ST. LOUIS RAMS
at Seattle Seahawks
at Oakland Raiders
at San Francisco 49ers
BUFFALO BILLS
at San Diego Chargers
at New England Patriots
CAROLINA PANTHERS
DENVER BRONCOS
at Atlanta Falcons

Here's how I see it:

Wins
Oakland - at least one
Seattle - Huard starting at QB? (this is still a little optimistic)
San Francisco - Grbac will be pumped for this game (I'm definitlely NOT overlooking this team, no matter their record)
San Diego - This is a given
New England - This is another one not to overlook because Belichick's involved, but I think our DL will win it for us.
Carolina - I definitely overrated them this year.
Denver - AT Arrowhead. I like our chances vs Gunther's b!tch
Atlanta - Pretty much a given

Losses
St Louis - I'm as optimistic as the next guy but...
Oakland - Hopefully I'm wrong
Buffalo - This could go either way, but so could some I put in the win column.

So what are everyone else's expectations? Am I too optimistic?

<BR>

LD for KC 10-04-2000 05:20 PM

G-Man,
You and I are pretty much on the same page. I think, however, I like our chances of sweeping the Raiders better than the Hawks. Personally, I think the Hawks will be a better team with Huard than with Kitna. He's got a stronger arm, more mobility, and is smarter, IMO. That will make a win against the Hawks in their house tough to achieve.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

AustinChief 10-04-2000 05:24 PM

G-man,

I originally predicted 10-6 once we finished the draft. I think that's a fairly safe bet still. I think we could lose to St. Louis, Seattle, Buffalo and maybe New England if we are looking past them to the next games. Besides St. Louis, we should romp through the NFC Worst and I think that there's some payback waiting for the Raiders.

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics

The-Man 10-04-2000 06:02 PM

9-7 or 10-6 with a typical first round exit from the playoffs.

punkyQB 10-04-2000 06:19 PM

OK,

I will admit it.I predicted a 5-11 season after we lost some of the key players such as DT, Tongue, Horn etc. This sentiment increased even more after we retained Stock and Raye as our coaches.

I predict the following scenario:

Oakland - payback for Jan.2 loss W
St. Louis - L
@Seattle - L
@Oakland - W
@San Francisco - L
Buffalo - W
@San Diego - W
@New England - L
Carolina - W
Denver - W
@Atlanta - W

that is 10-6, but the chiefs will probably lose one that they shouldn't such as maybe to Atlanta or Denver.

<P>

Buzzbait 10-04-2000 06:20 PM

I'm still going with nine wins. I really think 11-5 is too much to hope for from such a young team. I still beleive our schedule is really difficult. Holding on to that win in Tennesse would've been huge. It's amazing how every game is so crucial in football...unlike baseball, hockey, or basketball. Hopefully, your picks are right and mine aren't!!

AZ

[This message has been edited by AZChief (edited 10-04-2000).]

Boise_Chief 10-04-2000 06:43 PM

10-6 usually seems to be the magic number to get you into the playoffs. Anything over that is cake.

Phobia 10-04-2000 07:07 PM

My original was 9-7 possibly worse with bad breaks, absolute best 10-6.

I still say 9-7 with the following losses to go for the rest of the season.

St Louis Rams
Oakland at Oakland
Seattle at Seattle
Buffalo
New England at New England

I think with any type of bad luck (injuries or reversion to pass aversion) we could easily lose the games to Oakland in KC and if we let our guard down we could lose to either Carolina or Atlanta or both.

On the other hand we could with some luck beat Seattle, Buffalo, New England, maybe even two of those three. So in a best case scenario I can see us winning 11 games.

Just my opinion.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

JOhn 10-04-2000 07:51 PM

If we can win 10 of our next 11, I really think this team can go 13-3. Call my psychic.

ColoradoChief 10-04-2000 07:57 PM

Kloster - Yeah, I need a nap, in a bad way.

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 10-04-2000).]

JOhn 10-04-2000 08:14 PM

Your material really needs some work, Morph. I don't know what to think of you lately.....

elvislivesinkc 10-04-2000 09:01 PM

I now think 10-6 is realistic, hopefully one playoff win before we get spanked in the second round. I agree with MCF that we will likely tank one game that we should win (it always happens) but I think our absence from the playoffs will end this year.

Of course, if we can eek out a couple more wins, we could be looking at the division. The Oakland game next weekend will be a good measuring stick (first real quality team we've seen in a few weeks). I don't see us sweeping Oakland, but if we split I like our chances.

It's too bad we choked against the Titans. I think that loss will come back to haunt us one way or another.

As far as the Rams go, I predict a loss but hope for a win. I think we will certainly present them with their toughest challenge of the season. I hope for crappy weather, tall grass and lots of crowd noise. Perhaps these factors, coupled with a FLAWLESS effort, could hand the boys from the east a nasty surprise. I won't hold my breath, though.

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

DIEHARDCHIEF 10-04-2000 09:18 PM

The homer in me wants to say that we will finish 14-2, but the realist in me thinks the homer in me is a moron. Our wins as I see them:
Oakland (home)
@Seattle
@San Diego
@San Francisco
Carolina
Denver

Losses:
Oakland (away)
Buffalo
St.Louis
@New England
@Atlanta

For some reason Atlanta with Jamal Anderson scares me. I think Buffalo has the D to shut us down at Arrowhead, Oakland is just good enough this year for us not to sweep them and we don't seem to perform well in primetime games on the road. I think the St. Louis game will be close for about the first half, but our young secondary will not be able to contain the track stars all day.
Unfortunately this puts us at 9-7 and right back where we started this season with a mid-to- late first rounder that probably won't net us the featured back we need.<BR>

htismaqe 10-04-2000 09:59 PM

OK guys,
Here is my original predictions for this year. I cut and saved it ...so here goes:

W-IDIANAPOLIS, DT Tribute
W-at Tennessee
W-SAN DIEGO Home
L-at Denver Jinx is back
W-SEATTLE (Mon.) Monday at home
OPEN DATE
W-OAKLAND Not again
W-ST. LOUIS MO team
L-at Seattle Tough game
L-at Oakland They split
W-at San Francisco need I say anything?
W-BUFFALO Own them at Home
W-at San Diego Jinx is broken
L-at New England (Mon.) Close one
L-CAROLINA Still feeling down after loss
W-DENVER Of course
W-at Atlanta Gun has them on a roll

Ok I got the first 3 wrong http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif
But still happy with 3-2

KC Jones 10-05-2000 07:43 AM

Always the Homer...and therefore reality and the Chiefs can not coexist...I picked the Chiefs to go 10 and 6 or 11 and 5...and I stand by my original prediction...based on the schedule we have left, 7 or 8 out of 11 is very possible...WHEN we beat St. Louis...then I know we will be 11 and 5...that's my story and I'm sticking to it... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst