ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What's the deal with Phonics? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132824)

Lzen 01-03-2006 03:31 PM

What's the deal with Phobia?

Ok, I know this has been mentioned a few times, but I've only caught bits and pieces. My understanding is that he's helping Athan get a pay forum up and going. Is that correct? Is he still owner of this site? I read somewhere that the "Phobia loyalists" might follow him over there. What is that all about? Is Phil done with CP? And if so, who's running the show?

milkman 01-03-2006 03:34 PM

Phobia left, and Chaos reigns!

Or AustinChief, with the help of guys and gals like Parker, Bob Dole, Jaz Lover.

If that ain't chaos, I sure as hell don't know what is!

Mr. Laz 01-03-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Ok, I know this has been mentioned a few times, but I've only caught bits and pieces. My understanding is that he's helping Athan get a pay forum up and going. Is that correct? Is he still owner of this site? I read somewhere that the "Phobia loyalists" might follow him over there. What is that all about? Is Phil done with CP? And if so, who's running the show?

he's done with CP from what he said

it's all kyle now

i think he's employed at WPI ... not part owner like he was here.

i guess phil wanted to expand/improve CP and kyle wasn't interested

just from what i could tell

Bob Dole 01-03-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen

Bob Dole is the new King Shit of **** Mountain and goatees and Van Dykes are now a bannable offense. Premium Memberships may be purchased with pie.

That's all you need to know.

Hoover 01-03-2006 03:36 PM

Phobia went to Warpaint in order to get a Press Pass, but he still posts over here.

jspchief 01-03-2006 03:36 PM

Warpaint Illustrated is part of a larger network of pro and college fan magazines and sites. Athan lured Phil over to their existing site to try and build it into a respectable site/BB. Only a portion of it is a pay site.

Phil is no longer affiliated with Chiefsplanet, other than an occasional post.

I don't think many loyalists will follow him there because the site and message board suck.

FringeNC 01-03-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
Phobia went to Warpaint in order to get a Press Pass, but he still posts over here.

It would be pretty ****ing cool to have a press pass.

morphius 01-03-2006 03:39 PM

I don't believe that he is helping Athan as much as has been said here, more of a helping himself. Which is in no way bad, but there are things I think he wants to be able to do, and didn't feel like it was ever going to happen here.

htismaqe 01-03-2006 03:39 PM

Make no mistake about it...

I AM RUNNING THE SHOW.

BigRedChief 01-03-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe

I AM RUNNING THE SHOW.

If so take the frigging extra g out of my user name boss.:cuss:

jspchief 01-03-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
I don't believe that he is helping Athan as much as has been said here, more of a helping himself. Which is in no way bad, but there are things I think he wants to be able to do, and didn't feel like it was ever going to happen here.

I agree. It was a business decision.

This site is treading water at best, and on the verge of sinking.

Warpaint may provide the resources to build something much better. And it probably pays better.

Phobia 01-03-2006 03:41 PM

I don't have any responsibility to ChiefsPlanet any longer. I operate the boards at Warpaint. Nick operates the magazine. I don't work for Nick. One might call it a partnership.

Warpaint is NOT a pay site. There is an optional premium board that is paid. Most of our information is posted in our Arrowhead Club forum, though. Plus there are writers on staff who give exclusive content. It's growing and getting better.

Rausch 01-03-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
Bob Dole is the new King Shit of **** Mountain and goatees and Van Dykes are now a bannable offense. Premium Memberships may be purchased with pie.

That's all you need to know.

How about handlebar mustaches?

Mr. Laz 01-03-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe

I AM RUNNING THE SHOW.

http://img443.exs.cx/img443/7785/twofinger8yb.gif http://img443.exs.cx/img443/7394/spthud2lp.gif

jspchief 01-03-2006 03:43 PM

Spam!

It's like Candyman. Invoke his name three times and he appears. Creepy.

Sorry I missed you Sunday. Was there a decent crowd?