ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Looks like De La Rosa is heading to Denver (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184120)

cmh6476 04-30-2008 09:51 AM

Looks like De La Rosa is heading to Denver

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7281/news

Quote:

Apr 30 LHP Jorge De La Rosa is expected to make his Rockies debut Saturday. The Rockies are attempting to finalize his acquisition from Kansas City as the player to be named later for RHP Ramon Ramirez, who was dealt to the Royals in spring training. De La Rosa, 27, who pitched for the Royals last year, is 3-0 with a 1.64 ERA in four starts at Class AAA Omaha. The native of Mexico has struck out 23 and walked seven in 22 innings.

Demonpenz 04-30-2008 10:00 AM

there is a guy over there ryan shealy we should get he is wasting away behind todd helton

keg in kc 04-30-2008 11:42 AM

That's what was expected when they made the Ramirez trade as I recall.

huskerdooz 04-30-2008 12:18 PM

Tomko keeps sucking and De La Rosa may end up back in KC instead of in Colo.

Pitt Gorilla 04-30-2008 12:44 PM

Wow, his AAA stats look good so far.

cmh6476 04-30-2008 03:47 PM

they are saying de la rosa was dealt for a player to be named from colorado, this doesnt have anything to do with the ramirez deal. at least that's what 810 just said...

Raiderh8ter77 04-30-2008 05:26 PM

god damnit, we needed him in our rotation instead of shitty bale and shitty tomko

huskerdooz 04-30-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 4728394)
they are saying de la rosa was dealt for a player to be named from colorado, this doesnt have anything to do with the ramirez deal. at least that's what 810 just said...

That's what the press release from the Royals states as well.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/new...t=.jsp&c_id=kc

Royals deal De La Rosa to Rockies
Left-hander will have opportunity to start for Colorado
By Dick Kaegel / MLB.com
ARLINGTON -- Left-handed pitcher Jorge De La Rosa was traded to the Rockies for a player to be named, the Royals announced on Wednesday.
The Royals also sent cash to the Rockies, who are expected to start De La Rosa on Saturday against the Dodgers. Colorado needed a starter after demoting left-handed rookie Franklin Morales to Triple-A Colorado Springs.

"It's a good opportunity for me," De La Rosa said. "It's nice to get back in the Major Leagues."

De La Rosa, since accepting an assignment to Triple-A Omaha, has a 3-0 record and a 1.64 ERA. He had given up 18 hits and just four runs in 22 innings, with 23 strikeouts and seven walks.

Although Coors Field, home of the Rockies, is known as not being pitcher-friendly, De La Rosa was not concerned.

"I pitched there before, and I liked it," he said.

His first start there will be against a fellow Mexican pitcher, Dodgers right-hander Esteban Loaiza.

De La Rosa had been rumored to be the player to be named in the deal that brought reliever Ramon Ramirez to Kansas City, but the Royals said there was no connection between that deal and this one. The Rockies still owe the Royals a player and vice versa.

Technically, De La Rosa's contract was moved from Omaha to Colorado Springs.

De La Rosa pitched two seasons for the Royals, compiling an 11-16 record and 5.64 ERA in 36 games (33 starts) in 2006-07. He was obtained from the Brewers on July 26, 2006, in exchange for infielder Tony Graffanino.

"I want to thank Kansas City for the opportunity they gave me the last two years," De La Rosa said.

During his stay with Omaha, De La Rosa said he benefited from the help of pitching coach Tom Burgmeier, a former left-handed pitcher.

During Spring Training, De La Rosa was unable to regain his job in the starting rotation and was designated for assignment on March 26.

In 97 Major League games, De La Rosa has a 15-23 record and a 5.85 ERA.

Miles 04-30-2008 08:03 PM

I hope this means I will not have to see another Redman start for the Rockies but he may be replacing Morales who was just sent down today.

Miles 04-30-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 4728394)

That is interesting. I seem to recall they designated La Rosa for assignment after the Ramirez deal in an effort to pass him though waivers as the player to be named later? So does each team owe each other a player to be named later?

dallaschiefsfan 04-30-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 4727660)
there is a guy over there ryan shealy we should get he is wasting away behind todd helton

sarcasm?

You DO know that Shealy is in the R's organzation, right?

wazu 04-30-2008 10:39 PM

George of the Rose always starts strong. His stats will take a dive in another month or so.

Sure-Oz 04-30-2008 11:19 PM

Ramirez has been a hell of a pickup for us....didnt realize De La Rosa has been pitching lights out though

Mr. Kotter 05-01-2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4729036)
Ramirez has been a hell of a pickup for us....didnt realize De La Rosa has been pitching lights out though

Probably a good swap though.

POND_OF_RED 05-08-2008 02:51 PM

Pitching a pretty good game so far today. 2 hits through 5 innings, 4 SO, 1 run. Rockies winning 7-1 through 5 over the redbirds.