ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs hire Daboll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255811)

Sorter 11-27-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9158161)
Does that scenario sound even remotely familiar??

Insert Palko for Quinn and it's 2011 and the coach putting his foot down gets fired, ya know??

I know it is similar.

It would have been extremely eye-opening to the rest of the world if Pioli fired Daboll for wanting to get rid of Cassel.

Dayze 11-27-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9153066)
This hire sucked and most of us said that.

yep. I think most people cited his horrible offensive rankings at Cleveland and Miami too etc.

what a horrible hire this guy was. Just another nail in the 'ol Pioli "I'm ****ing reeruned" coffin.

bowener 11-27-2012 09:12 PM

****! I saw this thread on the main page and missed one ****ing letter in the title. I nearly jumped for joy until I saw it was an 'h' and not an 'f'.

TEX 11-27-2012 09:17 PM

When KC hired Daboll, I had the same feeling I had when the Chiefs hired Jimmy "3-play" Raye. Funny thing is Raye was better...LMAO

TEX 11-27-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9158199)
****! I saw this thread on the main page and missed one ****ing letter in the title. I nearly jumped for joy until I saw it was an 'h' and not an 'f'.

Me too. :banghead:

SDKCCHIEFS 11-27-2012 10:19 PM

daboll is such a good coordinator.

FAX 11-28-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9157944)
To me, it seems he look at his call sheet, calls the play that fits down and distance, without regard for a future purpose (i.e. calling multiple slants for the X to set up a Sluggo Seam). I watched the same play call last weekend happen 3 times.

We lined up in a hvy Rt flip (but with our TEs off the line and our WRs on it, and had our TE (Maneri IIRC) motion in on a YIP (Y motion to block). Then we called a toss to motion side.

We did this 3 times for IIRC a 4-5 yd gain the 1st time, a 2 yd gain the second time, and then it got blown up for a loss the 3rd time.

I have to think that part of the reason for this is the fact that our quarterbacks are limited to a very few plays. About all we can do is run those plays out of different formations. Then, depending on where the safety lines up, you Omaha the hell out of things and hope for the best.

FAX

Sorter 11-28-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9158638)
I have to think that part of the reason for this is the fact that our quarterbacks are limited to a very few plays. About all we can do is run those plays out of different formations. Then, depending on where the safety lines up, you Omaha the hell out of things and hope for the best.

FAX

I haven't even broken down film this season because it is so pitiful. Honestly, if you have any kind of familiarity with the Pats offense, it is pretty easy to predict what Daboll is going to do based on down and distance. It's getting to the point where you can even predict with some regularity what formation he's going to come out in. I'll probably wait until the season is over but I'd love to see how often we come out in bunch or even dolphin(snugs) in comparison to other formations on 3rd and 6+.

Just my 2 cents.